Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 51

Author Topic: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)  (Read 103467 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)
« Reply #615 on: October 13, 2012, 02:28:22 pm »

Funny, I could've sworn there was some sort of skill cap that effectively prevented you from getting to higher levels without the boosts provided by dedicated stats.  Maybe I was just ignorant.  Or generally useless, due to having the killing power of a wet sock.

Chud is great fun. I once ran a chud scavenger with the highest scavenge skill imaginable. I'd loot crystaline teeth from the wastes all day every day and make millions.

Could someone point me towards the hellmoo thread, i cant seem to find it.

Oh, I had loads of fun as a Chud.  But it really was a rather sad and slightly worthless mutation (back then at least).  I even managed to garner some notoriety from my ballstastically large and wordy post on the matter ingame.

Also, is this the thread you're looking for?

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 13, 2012, 02:34:12 pm »

Chud is still terrible compared to the other racial mutations, but it's still basically Human1.5  so I'd always be a Chud if nothing else.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 13, 2012, 02:46:12 pm »

Yeah, well, used to be one step forward and two steps back.  Had to stock up on sunglasses and weed if you ever intended on doing anything NOT in the sewers, or even in just a bright-ish place in the sewers.  Had some bizarre resists and weaknesses too.  It basically just took up a mutation slot and gave you something more to spend money on, plus a free "apartment" which you'd really only ever use for stashing more weed and more sunglasses.

I still liked being one though.  Just 'cause of maaad covered-in-filth style points.  I did wonder exactly how sanitary it was for me to be doing brain surgery while coated in liquid dung...

I kinda thought of them like the dwarves of HellMOO.

EDIT:  Dwarves who had a 25% suffocation resistance, which really only meant that they were that much better at deepthroating.

Speaking of which, I recall the somewhat disturbing moment when I was just wandering around the Chud kingdom (sewers) again, and noticed I'd gotten horny again.  Being a brainer, I didn't particularly want to be in that position.  However, since WANKING IS FOR SAD PEOPLE, I summoned my posse and then began sodomizing one of them to relieve my urges (this was when I discovered that summoned chuds are all non-gendered).

...and then someone from WOMBAT walked in on me.  Awkward.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 13, 2012, 02:58:17 pm »

Chud is still useful, just, not as much. It IS hard to maintain, but a pack of 5 max rep chudlings can greatly help kill things you shouldnt be able to.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 13, 2012, 02:59:12 pm »

It's mini Freak-lyfe.  Just with a bit more high maintenance cause of the lack of reverse stress.  Though, it does have the advantage of Chuds are allowed to bloody shop.
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 13, 2012, 03:02:00 pm »

Shopping is overrated, and freaks can shop at places they have protection contracts for. Not much you need that is only buyable in FC.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 13, 2012, 03:07:02 pm »

Shopping is overrated, and freaks can shop at places they have protection contracts for. Not much you need that is only buyable in FC.

Still just a bit of an inconvenience.  Not a disadvantage, just something annoying.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 13, 2012, 03:07:44 pm »

Chud is still useful, just, not as much. It IS hard to maintain, but a pack of 5 max rep chudlings can greatly help kill things you shouldnt be able to.

Well, sorta.  Unless they've had some changes made to them, the chud crew really wasn't that much help, especially seeing as they'd get bored and disappear in the middle of a fight.

Still though, you could just farm chudrep in the orphanage and have it maxed out at all times.  So it's not like they were hard to get.

Aren't they allowed to shop in the mall too (or whatever the hell that place the corpstores were located was called)?  Still though, for a casual player there are some fun items that might otherwise be difficult to come by.  Like the slut-in-a-box, or huge crates of soda.  Although, really, all of that can be solved by corpmates.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 13, 2012, 04:22:01 pm »

Macero is freak friendly, and they have crates of soda along with just about every other shopping need imaginable. Girl in a boxes? Kinda useful, and you can just beat the crap out of the owner for a protection contract. But, if your a freak, why do you need girl in a boxes? But yes, having to beat the snot out of shopkeeps gets old and annoying. Need to invest in a power glove for minimized damage.

Although, I just demuted, and life as a human with blink is pretty close to life as a freak with blink, except for stress management.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 13, 2012, 04:35:41 pm »

I think I can top that awkward moment Kagus. I once sodomized one of WOMBATS robot guards in a room I didn't think there was a camera in to get rid of my status.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 13, 2012, 04:48:39 pm »

But, if your a freak, why do you need girl in a boxes?

Uhh...  Decoration?  Not actually sure.  I do remember that chick someone brought back to HQ, and then some vampire had sex with her so there were bats all over the place...  Good times.  I also remember someone actually managing to raise a child to the point that it followed her around as a crack baby.

I really should start a female character.  I'll miss jizzing on shopkeeper's faces, but that's a price I'm willing to pay for easy access to abortions and the ability to spawn BATS and CRACK BABIES for my personal amusement.  And people liked raping me when I was a sewer-dwelling spindle-armed geek, so I don't think it'll be that much more of a problem.

I think I can top that awkward moment Kagus. I once sodomized one of WOMBATS robot guards in a room I didn't think there was a camera in to get rid of my status.

Well done, well done.  At least you didn't try to seduce the damned parrot.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 13, 2012, 04:53:01 pm »

Just had to bring up parrots, didn't you? Man I miss mine. He got rad sickness once and I had to hold him down so he wouldn't kill the medic trying to cure him. Didn't Stabs also travel with a parrot army at one that he used to trick people into attack so they would swarm em'?

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 13, 2012, 05:18:38 pm »

Uhh...  Decoration?  Not actually sure.  I do remember that chick someone brought back to HQ, and then some vampire had sex with her so there were bats all over the place...  Good times.  I also remember someone actually managing to raise a child to the point that it followed her around as a crack baby.
the sex slaves were turned into vampires, and gave birth to bats. We had 80 in our shower at HQ. I scared them all when we were attacked. Think I broke something when I did that.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 13, 2012, 05:43:51 pm »

Just had to bring up parrots, didn't you? Man I miss mine. He got rad sickness once and I had to hold him down so he wouldn't kill the medic trying to cure him. Didn't Stabs also travel with a parrot army at one that he used to trick people into attack so they would swarm em'?

Hah, don't remember that, but it does sound like something he would do.  Also; berserk rad-parrot...  That's a new one.  All I remember is eating one.  I really quite liked being a goat...

the sex slaves were turned into vampires, and gave birth to bats. We had 80 in our shower at HQ. I scared them all when we were attacked. Think I broke something when I did that.

Ahh, is that what happened...  Okay.  Heh, I still remember that time GOKU paid us a surprise visit.  I remember seeing him walk into the room I was loitering in and thinking "...shit."

God damnit, now I'm reading the wiki again (only one I've ever actually contributed to).  Damn you guys, I don't need another time sink in my life...  Even if hopping in now would might result in my getting a chance to actually gain some levels before the dam breaks and I become whipping boy of the month again.

I still wonder if Stabs ever got my present...  Damn, the trouble I had to go through to get that thing set up properly.

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 13, 2012, 05:48:53 pm »

Stop tempting me with good memories. :P
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 51