Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 51

Author Topic: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)  (Read 103455 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hell: After the End (HATEmoo)
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2011, 01:20:10 am »

Non-existant meaning "noone gives a shit, do what you will."
Well that's me out then.
Roleplay is most certainly not non-existent, it's just not at all enforced and in general most people are just roleplaying a post-apocalyptic psychopath unable to die due to constant cloning. Personally I usually roleplay, though I've found roleplaying a character with limits to be somewhat rewarding and somewhat of a burden.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2011, 04:36:32 am »

It IS the other HellMOO, with better admins, and a lot of the bad changes were reverted, I suppose.

In general, there's no skill caps for grinding, and tagged skills are less important- it's basically a free 1.00, as far as I know. This is good, as it discourages having to reroll if you decide you didn't like one skill. PVP is open again, and there's been some rebalancing and bug fixing. In particular, shops stay open all of the time and travel tiles are instant to prevent abuse.

In short: if you liked HellMOO back when I made the topic, it's the logical progression forward from there. If you just want to roleplay in safety, the old HellMOO's new direction is more for you.

Galick

• Bay Watcher
  • Dolly says you can help me...can you help me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2011, 12:12:28 pm »

Quick question:  Are flails worth a flying fuck yet?  Cause, I know with the right skill spread you're pretty much have whip dodge with a weapon that can kill shit...but only if you can actually get flails that can fucking kill something.

Another question:  Chainsaw Lance Flail.  IS IT POSSIBLE/WORTH IT?
Damn you google, why are you always so far away? Sitting at the top of my interwebs window, mocking me with you easy information. You are the prostitute of the internet.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2011, 02:08:21 pm »

The only major flaw I see in this is that it -has- something to do with hellmoo.

/trollface-douchebag

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2011, 03:50:40 pm »

Quick question:  Are flails worth a flying fuck yet?

I was told no. This may have changed, but flails are still fairly useless.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 03:54:52 pm »

Quick question:  Are flails worth a flying fuck yet?  Cause, I know with the right skill spread you're pretty much have whip dodge with a weapon that can kill shit...but only if you can actually get flails that can fucking kill something.

There are plenty of new flails, and you can make a flail for any raw (dependant on item weight)

Another question:  Chainsaw Lance Flail.  IS IT POSSIBLE/WORTH IT?

Easily possible. Would be raw 6 iirc.

Im working on making a flail flail flail, as well as a live baby flail. Too bad the loss of all the sexhavers has basically made babies nonexistant. Oh well.

EDIT: also, due to a recent change, you can now gain gym ip per rep. You can also gym as much as you want in a single sitting as long as you have the ip (no daily gym ip limit)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 09:38:31 pm by Eagle »

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2011, 06:18:02 pm »

Heh, got ganked by NDY. Hard. Don't even feel bad about losing my urumi since I can just make more now.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Dimitri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2011, 02:55:43 pm »

Ended up rerolling, still doing clubs, but nailed out some of my poor stat and skill choices. Once I'm back to where I was, I should be -much- more effective in battle.

And apparently every mob had their XP output increased. Seems like that should help with the grind quite a bit.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2011, 04:45:59 pm »

Stealing things is fun... as long as you don't get caught afterwards  :(

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2011, 04:55:04 pm »

Ended up rerolling, still doing clubs, but nailed out some of my poor stat and skill choices. Once I'm back to where I was, I should be -much- more effective in battle.

And apparently every mob had their XP output increased. Seems like that should help with the grind quite a bit.
Do white cocoons still malfunction after 10k effective xp?

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2011, 05:34:39 pm »

Anything after you lose your n-tag, and with increased item loss as you get more and more. I almost get nothing from a white cocoon anymore, so I stopped bothering with them. Need to sim the other ones...

Edit: White lasts til 7500 effective, blue til 12000, red 16000. Unless this has been changed, it's how it was in HellMOO.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 05:44:17 pm by Astral »

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2011, 05:52:43 pm »

Anything after you lose your n-tag, and with increased item loss as you get more and more. I almost get nothing from a white cocoon anymore, so I stopped bothering with them. Need to sim the other ones...

Edit: White lasts til 7500 effective, blue til 12000, red 16000. Unless this has been changed, it's how it was in HellMOO.
Actually I recall white being changed to last until 10k xp, though maybe the change was reverted with hatemoo. Never liked that game mechanic, made grinding mobs or crafting of any sort totally undesirable from a monetary perspective; surprised it wasn't removed.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2011, 05:57:23 pm »

Interesting; I'll try to find one of those so-called mud clients and play this. :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2011, 12:16:09 pm »

Actually I recall white being changed to last until 10k xp, though maybe the change was reverted with hatemoo. Never liked that game mechanic, made grinding mobs or crafting of any sort totally undesirable from a monetary perspective; surprised it wasn't removed.

Reds and blues are gone now, whites last till 10k eff. Noone uses cocoons. Ever.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2011, 08:23:25 pm »

quotesnip
Reds and blues are gone now, whites last till 10k eff. Noone uses cocoons. Ever.
D'aw. That does make it more  *fun* though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 51