Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41

Author Topic: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game  (Read 96810 times)

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
Re: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game
« Reply #210 on: July 30, 2011, 12:02:43 am »

I'm much more careful in my normal forts than in succession forts because, in succession forts the problem won't be mine anymore after the year is out.

EDIT: How's it going zehive?
you mean the fort? havent d/l yet, waiting to see if TheOddDemon wants another go.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 30, 2011, 06:53:21 am »

He said we should skip him?

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 30, 2011, 08:54:34 am »

Well, if TheOddDemon wants to try one more time, he can. He seemed to die pretty early on, so I'll give him the chance. If he doesn't post soon, though, I'll assume he doesn't want another chance and zehive can take the turn instead.

TheOddDemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Burn Baby Burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 30, 2011, 02:06:30 pm »

I don't want another turn. Let Zehive go.
I eat dead people.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 30, 2011, 02:45:18 pm »

It was 2 weeks ago I was told to head out to an outpost, to manage it. Manage it, I was told. I slipped in between a siege of Tigermen.
fucking Tigermen. Now excuse me, but in the right arsed mountain homes we've never even heard of Tigermen, let alone seen one. I was chased by about 15 of them just getting in the door.

Armok save me, I can only hope they die easier then Goblins. I walk in and the first fucking thing to greet me is 2 Forgotten Beasts, which the denizens claim are 'taken care of' and a Minotaur in a cage.

Did I mention we have NO militia?

Also, Miasma. What the fuck.

I did some light perusing around and saw that the Fort was a goddamn mess. Unused levers in the middle of nowhere, and by the looks of it one of the previous overseers was trying to pump magma into the fort, I can tell you that as soon as these 'Tigermen' are delt with (likely just some beast-loving humans with a fetish for blood), I'm putting a stop to that shit, and might replace the stray Grizzly Bear at the entrance with whomsoever is responsible.

Oh yes, the entrance seems about as useful at stopping enemies as my 140 year old Grand mother. Maybe I can weaponise the Forgotten Beasts.. I need a drink.

(OOC: once I kill these Tigermen I might carve out a new fortress... which overseers trap was it to make THIS mess?)

Ohhh no, let me correct myself, while inspecting the caverns I found a THIRD FUCKING FORGOTTEN BEAST. This mess will kill me.

Just for amusements sake, heres a picture of a fucking T-Rex in a box;

------------------------

Haven't unpaused for more then a minute to see how things are panning out, barred the front door. Its my birthday today so I'll be out all night, I'll make actual headway tomorrow.

And as for the T-Rex in a box, YES it is a T-Rex. A massive Theropod. A suborder of dinosaurs with cuddly and Fun beasts such as the Tyrannosaurus Rex

and the Spinosaurus.

So we have one of those. In a box.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 03:12:02 pm by zehive »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 30, 2011, 07:22:29 pm »

A fucking T-Rex in a box.
Hello, signature.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 31, 2011, 12:47:25 am »

I didn't plan to pump the magma into the fortress, just around the fortress as a defense mechanism. Trying to recreate this.

Right now we're waiting for the magma pipe to refill. Really I've said more than I wanted to now on my magma creations.  :(

And I suggest installing a magma proof drawbridge in the magma reservoirs for magma forges and raise it after it fills with magma again to prevent it draining when/if we pump out the entire magma pipe again.

EDIT: Just realized there is a slight flaw in my design, need a single magma proof hatch built at the location shown in the image below.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 01:01:32 am by Demonic Spoon »

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 31, 2011, 01:14:20 am »

you also have a pump at the top. which would continue to pump magma up to its level.

and there would be no wall preventing it from overflowing..

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 31, 2011, 01:20:38 am »

That has a bridge up to prevent it from pumping. Its for if you wanna simulate a real volcanic eruption.

EDIT: Damnit just checked to see if my drowning trap worked, it does sorta but I made a stupid mistake in construction. Wish I could fix it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 02:49:00 am by Demonic Spoon »

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 31, 2011, 04:09:35 pm »

Now that I've finished surverying this hellhole, I can report my findings. There are about 5 workshops, 1 memorial hall, 2 dining halls, 3 locked up fell beasts, and a minotaur in a cage. In a cage. Perhaps the only real accomplishment of this massive hovel.

The barracks have the ungodly smelling tannery located directly in the middle of it, and the food stockpiles overlap into it. Not to mention the farm sitting right next to it. I need to bring some order to this place, I immediately take the position of manager and order that decent workshops are carved out, and proper stockpiles are created. What a mess, but perhaps better then carving out an entirely new fortress.. for now.

I've also ordered that many levers be disassembled, as Armok knows that some insanity is linked to them. In other news, scouts report that the Tigermen have been busy standing in one place fondling the pet bear that came with them. And then, just as I'm thinking of how best I can deal with the Tigermen...

Well, maybe he'll make something worthwhile, as all great moods inspire...

Better then a floodgate, I suppose. As of now, I'm trying to formulate the best plan of action for the fact that our military is wandering around with their peckers hanging out of their tattered pants. We have plenty of iron bars from the magma smelters, but theres no magma, which probably has something to do with the T-Rex in a box for all I know, who I'm beginning to take a liking to.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 31, 2011, 04:44:13 pm »

...A scepter, better than a floodgate? You can at least put floodgates in noble's rooms!

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 31, 2011, 07:46:11 pm »

...A scepter, better than a floodgate? You can at least put floodgates in noble's rooms!
yeah but a floodgate is a floodgate, and whats more annoying then that?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 31, 2011, 07:48:31 pm »

Oh god this fort is awesome. Put me on the list. My gross incompetence at this game will probably ensure plenty of presents for those who come after me.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 31, 2011, 11:49:10 pm »

Yeah, the most that can be expected from my flood trap is some mild wettening, as I made the pressure plate reset instead of being one use only. So the floodgates open and close repeatedly. Whoops
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41