Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41

Author Topic: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game  (Read 96784 times)

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
Re: Screw the Next Player Over! A Succession Game
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2011, 04:16:04 pm »

Screw it! I want to take part in this madness! I'll dorf myseld when if I will be getting a turn. But if some overseer dorf me - I would be happy.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2011, 04:16:26 pm »

The Room feature is pretty unwieldy. In its current form, it's practically useless after a few years.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

A Spoony Bard

• Bay Watcher
  • [MANNERISM:lute]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2011, 05:19:02 pm »

The Room feature is pretty unwieldy. In its current form, it's practically useless after a few years.
Which is why i'm glad I got turn two.

Ifeno

• Bay Watcher
  • UristMcSoldier is an enemy of the Twinkling Incest
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2011, 11:14:17 pm »

how is it that i havent signed up for this yet?! im SO in!  I'm already planning my trap (excessively pre-amptive ik but i can't help it...)
ive gotten in the habit of replacing my chief medical dwarf as soon as he gains any notable skill in diagnosis.
It's really funny watching them do unnecessary surgery because of a wrong diagnosis.
the conditions were bad enough to turn a dwarf who didn't care about anything mad, that's pretty hardcore.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2011, 04:07:19 pm »

updates?  ;D

ignatzami

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2011, 04:53:14 pm »

I'm in, whatever the first open turn is. Please message me when my turn comes around, if it comes around.
DF without DT isn't DF, it's a keyboard-based exercise in masochism.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2011, 05:28:02 pm »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:32:53 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

TheOddDemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Burn Baby Burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2011, 03:47:53 pm »

... Any updates?
I eat dead people.

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2011, 03:51:21 pm »

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2011, 12:27:49 am »

I have no idea what is wrong with A Spoony Bard. If he doesn't reply to my PMs or post an update, I'll pass the turn to the next person in line.
And as always, I'm glad people are interested!

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALL_WORK] [NO_PLAY] [IS_DULL_BOY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2011, 12:52:45 am »

If you pass along the turn to someone else in line, feel free to take some extra time to make a new death trap, considering I know about the one you passed to Spoony.
[STATE_ADJ:GAS:boiling fish woman]

Crazy Cow

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Procrastinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2011, 08:16:03 pm »

Alright, A Spoony Bard hasn't replied to me or the thread in a while, so ImBocaire gets the next turn. I appreciate the offer, but I don't want to take away from your turn. Consider yourself lucky :P
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:01:23 pm by Crazy Cow »

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2011, 10:18:32 pm »

Oh boy! I'll start tomorrow, methinks.

ImBocaire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2011, 02:20:23 pm »

The following is found carved into a wooden bedstead.

Log of Udib "ImBocaire" Aniteb, Dead Weight

So my foot got taken off by a giant badger as soon as I got to this Godforsaken place. I thought it couldn't get any worse. So imagine my surprise when I see, from my bed, that crazy cow Crazy Cow designing an intricately disguised pressure plate and hooking it up to numerous spikes!

That night, when he came in to check on my wound, I knocked him out with a headbutt, forged a note in his handwriting giving me control of the fortress, and decided to set things aright. (What? I'm crippled, doesn't mean I'm handicapped.)

First order of business: Get rid of that damned pressure plate before someone gets hurt.

Next I took stock of the fortress, and HOLY SHITNUGGETS that's a lot of meat for such a tiny fort.

Not sure all of it is palatable, though. I'm liking the regular meat, the organs are palatable, but... what? Firefly brain? Cave spider brain? Who the hell fills a barrel with meticulously cut-out insect brains? This shit's going to need to get cooked for me to even consider eating it.

Now then! Next is the most important. I'm not going to languish here forever, dammit! I need a way to move around so I can get back to work!

...is what I'd like to say, but I've got a bum hand and my back is aching and oooh, this is a comfy bed.  I guess I'll just order some ore to be smelted. How much ore do we have, anyway... what? What is this shit? Medium precision? Hell naw, you get back in that office and you tell me exactly how many pebbles we have lying around here.

Well, my preliminary planning is done. Time to relax in my comfortable bed and let the peons do their work.

OOC: This fort is actually surprisingly well put-together. I guess because so far it only reflects one person's ideas and has yet to become an unholy amalgam of ten different overseers' mutually exclusive visions. I haven't actually unpaused yet, just designated some things and saved... I'll start actually playing this evening after my physics lab is over.

EDIT: Yes, just to clarify, I dwarfed myself as the metalsmith who got mauled by giant badgers in Crazy Cow's turn.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:28:13 pm by ImBocaire »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2011, 02:23:44 pm »

Screw the next guy over, is that. Oh, I already like that. Quite much. Sign me up.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41