Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1489228 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #6990 on: November 07, 2013, 05:07:02 am »

Raaaaaah! I just can't land on the Mun. Seriously, every single time, my rover topple over or else I can't see where exactly the ground is. Any advice? Would floodlights help? Haven't unlocked them yet...

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission
« Reply #6991 on: November 07, 2013, 05:17:40 am »

The lights would help, yes. So would landing on the dayside and watching for your shadow. Failing that, switch to IVA and look for the radar altimeter.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #6992 on: November 07, 2013, 06:38:17 am »

Interest check: anyone up for a modded bay 12 kksp reality edition 2?

This time we can do it proper using
Antenna network to transmit science requiring satellites and stuff
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/56399-0-22-Remote-Tech-2-Build-those-satellite-networks%21

Realistic tech tree starting with planes requiring to grind biomes for science, courtesy of treeloader's traditional tech tree
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/53192-0-22-TreeLoader-Custom-Career-Tech-tree-Loader-1-0

Far and deadly reentry, to make it proper, and mechjeb that now unlocks progressively along the thech tree

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6993 on: November 07, 2013, 06:40:06 am »

Interest check: anyone up for a modded bay 12 kksp reality edition 2?

This time we can do it proper using
Antenna network to transmit science requiring satellites and stuff
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/56399-0-22-Remote-Tech-2-Build-those-satellite-networks%21

Realistic tech tree starting with planes requiring to grind biomes for science, courtesy of treeloader's traditional tech tree
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/53192-0-22-TreeLoader-Custom-Career-Tech-tree-Loader-1-0

Far and deadly reentry, to make it proper, and mechjeb that now unlocks progressively along the thech tree
Will you also be using the rescaled kerbin mod that makes the planet and moon the same size and distance from the sun as Earth?

Modular fuel system mod with realistic fuels....

I'd be interested in playing a turn or two.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #6994 on: November 07, 2013, 06:48:09 am »

Not the rescaling because bugs and also The relay network transmission distances wouldn't work with that

No experience with modular fuel system, can be in if it doesn't change things too much in game terms.

No khetane and engine mods, however, too much things going on already with the need of putting satellites in space to send science back.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6995 on: November 07, 2013, 08:00:07 am »

I got a Kerbal on the Mun!

And by the look of it, the bugger will stay there for a while. Any hint on how to do a powered landing? I always stumble.

Spoiler: Poor Jedebiah (click to show/hide)

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6996 on: November 07, 2013, 08:16:41 am »

Watch Scott Manley's videos, I learned from them and was able to do some powered landings (and return). But I wouldnt be able to explain you, sorry.
The best advice I could give you is to come really shallow.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6997 on: November 07, 2013, 09:06:22 am »

Well, will try again for the rescue mission. The good news is that my current launcher is so overpowered I can probably afford to send a double capsule on the Mun to retrieve the guy.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6998 on: November 07, 2013, 09:08:43 am »

Well, will try again for the rescue mission. The good news is that my current launcher is so overpowered I can probably afford to send a double capsule on the Mun to retrieve the guy.
Make sure you specify to keep the other one empty.  Done wrong right you'll end up with 3 kerbals stranded on Mun.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6999 on: November 07, 2013, 09:23:57 am »

Here is my rescue capsule. For some reason, the plane cockpit stay empty by default.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7000 on: November 07, 2013, 09:26:52 am »

Why do you need the RCS tank in your final stage?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7001 on: November 07, 2013, 09:28:17 am »

Dunno, I'd figure it'd help me not toppling over on the Mun.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: November 07, 2013, 09:30:04 am »

I don't see any RCS thrusters on your final stage.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7003 on: November 07, 2013, 09:31:21 am »

Reaction wheels and landing struts are usually more than enough unless you land on the lip of a crater or something.

To be brutally honest, I've pretty much never used RCS for anything ever.
Nothing important here, move along.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7004 on: November 07, 2013, 09:33:13 am »

I am more curious as to how is he going to separate the lower stage with no decoupler. :P

But yeah. RCS tank with no RCS thrusters, and probably too many batteries but that's alright.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 848