Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 848

Author Topic: Kerbal Space Program: Now Hiring Optimistic Astronauts for Dangerous Munission  (Read 1490414 times)

guessingo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

i am seeing alot of negative posts about this on steam. people seem unhappy with the progress in the game. have not bought it. anyone have any comments on this?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

I dunno, I feel like there's already enough fun to be had for a lifetime with current features. And these guys appear to be technically competent. Every new version that I've seen brings something fairly significant, especially lately. Plus there's a plethora of mods that you can already try, which make it even better.

Plus they have a really transparent development situation, where you can see what they've been up to every week. Overall, I would go for it.

In any case, you can go to http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Version_History and look at the big version changes, and when they were released, to get a fairly decent feel for how the game's been progressing.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do you like building rockets and sending them to other planets? Buy this game. Do you like building planes and flying them in atmosphere? Buy this game. Do you work for NASA and are bored during the shutdown? Buy this game. Buy this game? BUY THIS GAME.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

"Are you working at NASA and aren't currently making money? SPEND MONEY."

My first thought :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey now. When you spend a couple hundred bucks on a hammer your salary must be in the millions, right? RIGHT?! ... Well. At least you can always get a second job. Who doesn't want overworked sleepy astronauts in space?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!

So I checked what happened since December 2012.

0.18, Dec. 2012: adds docking. KSP is now essentially KSP2.
0.19, Mar. 2013: wheels = rovers!
0.20, May. 2013: flags, MUCH needed upgrades to vehicle assembly
0.21, Jul. 2013: amazing SAS rework, better terrain, hiring astronauts, groundwork for campaign
0.22, ???. 2013: !!SCIENCE!!, KSP2 is now KSP3...

So in one year, you went from being able to send rockets to spess..... to being able to make orbital spess stations, making totally legit multi-ship missions, refuelling in spess, rovers for moving around on other planets much easier, etc etc.

Not to mention absolutely absurd mod support. Keeping things moddable is hella hard. These guys are keepin' it going, and the community is NOT disappointing.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

i am seeing alot of negative posts about this on steam. people seem unhappy with the progress in the game. have not bought it. anyone have any comments on this?

...you looking at the right game? There was a controversy over Stardrive yesterday...

ahappydude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How to relax in space
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"There was a controversy over Stardrive yesterday..."  Why ?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:15:16 pm by ahappydude »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Multiplayer was promised, not in game, dev completely stopped developing after release.

ahappydude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh.. Sad news.. Maybe he got a reason for it?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

Oh, forgot: the discussion on Steam is being censored to remove all criticism.

EDIT: Also, last time they did an update KSPTV marathon, they released that update, so...
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:46:17 pm by Putnam »

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

0.22 stream is NOW
http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv
1 hour only.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile

0.22 stream is NOW
http://www.twitch.tv/ksptv
LOOK AT THE MORE BUILDINGS.
So many stuff ;_;
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile

Oh, forgot: the discussion on Steam is being censored to remove all criticism.

EDIT: Also, last time they did an update KSPTV marathon, they released that update, so...
They just talked on the stream about what is being shown will be an experimental build that is not quite ready, almost... so no release I assume  :'(
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

ahappydude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shock absorbing legs, yeah we allready have that :=) Sub-assembly manager, yeah we have had that for a time to. 

Maybe i missed it , have they shown anything from r&d?
Edit oh they are showing it now. Kool, we are going to be able to take samples in eva to. Neato..
The chat was crazy, haha so many fun comments.

"

feelswarrior: well that was underwhelming

"
Wanted to se more from the rn d department
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 07:03:14 pm by ahappydude »
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 848