Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28

Author Topic: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!  (Read 40605 times)

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 1, World 2, Day 3)
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2011, 02:33:44 am »

Oh, wait, scrap the previous thing that was posted here. I'll need an aquarium first. Claim one of the windows and bend it in a big rectangular aquarium.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 02:35:32 am by EagleV »
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2011, 04:57:22 am »

Adorn statue with the crystal.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2011, 02:36:38 pm »

Back to waiting on Kirby again. Waitlist types might want to keep an eye on things here. If I get no response from Kirby by tomorrow(since I posted so late yesterday) he will be dropped, and the next active person in the waitlist will be in.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2011, 03:11:54 pm »

Argh! Sorry!

Turn the meat into Mince Meat.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2011, 12:00:59 am »

Current World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gallery:
Player List:

...Making gauntlets is a different skill than armor?  Sure, why not?

One more try on Craft Gauntlets from Lead Ore.
(yes, I will always try and find the most specific skill for what you make. Just like before when Kirby didn't get general cooking for his dessert, he got a dessert specific skill, same goes vs armor and gauntlets.)
10+72+13=95
Deciding to try again, you are amazed at how easy it is. Why did this take you such trouble before? A simple friction heat to rub away the impurities, and a little light pressure upon the magnitude of a small star and you get pure lead. The soft metal is easily reinforced and shaped into a pair of lead gauntlets. Complete with decorative runic symbols along the outside, and a smoothed comfortable surface inside.
+194 Glover exp [levelup!]
+ pair of Runic Lead Gauntlets [95]
- one lump of lead ore [26]

Claim one of the windows and bend it in a big rectangular aquarium.
One normally thinks of glass when you think of aquariums. However there is much more thought that needs to go into it than the average person might consider when building such a thing. The pressure of many gallons of water is fairly extreme compared to other materials that might need to be contained. Include the added desire to make it transparent, and open at least along one side, makes aquarium design difficult. Oh, that and the glass window panes are broken and in pieces.
+28 glass engineering exp

Adorn statue with the crystal.
Floating the crystal over to the statue, you ponder different ways to adorn the statue. Perhaps crushing the crystal would work, or maybe melting? Or fusing it with the molecular structure of the statue itself might be an option as well. You spend most of the time allowed for crafting today thinking about this problem, and quickly find your powers waning and no real result attempted. Eventually you decide to give up for the day, and try again later.
+26 gem setting exp

Turn the meat into Mince Meat.
Mincemeat is a mixture of meat, spices, and various vetables and fruits. Some twists on the recipe use distilled drinks as a source of flavor, and other bake them into pot pies or serve them on a bread bowl. The first step is to chop the meat carefully into tiny tiny pieces. You form a pair of cleavers in your hands and turn to your meat. It occurs to you, that this will take a long time. But you begin anyway, trying to clean and cut the mammoth meat into teeny tiny pieces. Before long you stop in an attempt to not completely butcher your meat. Covered up to your armpits in mammoth blood and chunks of chopped meat, you sigh in exhaustion and decide that another plan of action is needed.
+11 butcher exp

Titania happily watches you all work, with her legs swinging idly as she sits on a control panel along the side of the cargo bay. She seems very pleased that she didn't have to open the portal today. After the time for crafting passes, a barely perceptable shudder runs through the ship, and the tiny fae slides to the ground with an energetic, 'Yosh!'. turning around, she punches a few buttons on the screen and brings up the portal image for the new world:

Space. The final frontier... However no music begins to play when you look out into this dark nothingness speckled with distant stars. The ship seems to be in orbit around a saturn-like planet with dark blue rings, and a swirling yellow gaseous surface.

Group Inventory:

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 1, World 3, Day 1)
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2011, 07:10:36 am »

Try to adorn the statue with crystal again.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2011, 08:48:58 am »

Somehow I figure gathering metal from this world will lead to failure.  Nice gauntlets, though!

Gather.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2011, 10:44:28 am »

I let the 9 leftover fish evolve into something that can survive without water.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2011, 04:05:19 pm »

hrm, waiting on Kirby again...

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2011, 01:29:17 am »

Current World:
Gallery:
Player List:
Hibernating Creators:

Try to adorn the statue with crystal again.
Again the crystal resists your attemps to use it as a part of the statue's decoration. It occurs to you randomly that the crystal may be having an effect on your mind. Perhaps it is alive, and some sort of higher consciousness. Or perhaps you just failed some cosmic chance... either way, the crystal and statue remain seperate.
+47 gem setting exp

Gather.
56-10
Space is an empty place. You get the feeling it is futile, but you wrap yourself in a bubble of your power, and float about aimlessly out there for quite some time, eventually you return after feeling a bit tired.
+46 Celestial Collection exp

I let the 9 leftover fish evolve into something that can survive without water.
63+31+12=106
So, it is time to evolve your fishes. The non-mutated ones anyway. Evolution is a process of breeding, and cross breeding, and such under long periods of time. However you arn't that patient. Time is easily bent in small areas, such as between your hands. Even so, getting fish to evolve into land type animals takes a while, and after you are finished you are considerably spent. However, in your hands are three tiny geko-like lizards. All that remains of the group of tropical fish.
+80 time manipulation exp
+ 3 tiny tetra gekos [106]
- 9 freshwater neon tetras [24]

Titania closes the portal after Dylar returns, and you all wonder why Alex has been quiet so long. The little fae flutters over to his work station to find him collapsed against his mammoth meat corpse. A small red light blinks behind him, and Titania manages to keep you from getting too close as a large golden hologram appears and covers the work area. In the blink of an eye the whole area is shrinked down into a tiny cube, taking Alex with it. A female voice mechanically comes from the console in the now empty work area: "Creator Malfunction, emergency hibernation enacted."

Group Inventory:

And that's that. Sorry Kirby, but I even PMed you hours ago, and you already missed a day. Unless I hear back from someone on the wait list wanting to join for this last few turns, we will probably just continue on with 3 until this Cycle is finished.

As always, let me know of any mistakes.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 1, World 3, Day 2)
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2011, 01:42:34 am »

Eh, this thread seems to be just flying under my radar. Yeah, you can remove me seeing as I can't seem to see it.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2011, 01:46:07 am »

Yeah, not sure what's been going on Kirby. You're welcome to try again for cycle 3. But ya gotta be interested enough to find it and keep up with actions.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2011, 01:56:18 am »

I honestly think that it's the forum. I scrolled through the first page of the Forum last night, with Threads Per Page setting at MAX, and didn't see it.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 19, 2011, 03:47:43 am »

Stick me on the waiting list for the next cycle, or whichever cycle won't need my attention for a few days, if you please.

Name: Tesson the Gemshaper
Bio: "So this guy, see, he comes out of th' cave in th' *hic* in th' mount'n. And he has this. This thing on his hand. All shinylike. And he does some'n wi' it, and the rock next to him, it goes boom, see? And this diamond, big as your head, this goddamn diamond rolls out of the r*hic* the rock. And. And he just picks it up and it sorta. Melts. And then he drinks it and he just. Poof. Gone."

"...so some guy walks out of a hole in a mountain, blows up a rock and drinks a diamond. And then he disappears."

"Shwear on m' life."

"Yeah, I don't think you're getting another drink tonight."

(Gemshaper is intended to cover cutting and setting, but only giving 50 exp for each. Is that okay? If not, just make it one level of gem cutting, or whatever you want to call it.)
くコ:彡

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2011, 07:50:15 am »

Second verse, same as the first!

Gather.

Failing that, I'll just be creative with something else.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 28