Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28

Author Topic: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 4, World 3, Day 2) New players welcome!  (Read 40503 times)

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 1, World 1, Day 3)
« Reply #45 on: July 13, 2011, 11:36:47 am »

Current World:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Gallery:

Player List:

After discussing with each creator, two lumps of lead, two 2x4's, and three of the plastic bags are set aside to fuel the ship after this world run. Titania nods quietly after calculating briefly the amount of worth each item has. Then goes through her normal routine of strain as she opens the portal to the storefront one last time.

Gather anything.
94 !!
93-69=24
You've had it. This place doesn't have what you want. You are an artiest. You need your muse, and you intend to find it. Like a man possessed once the portal is open you gather your power into your legs and kick away from the ground. Flying over the store, you leap like a gazelle passing buildings and quickly surveying the cityscape you find for yourself. After a few moments of no visible rock anywhere around you kick the ground. Hard. The massive leap catapults you into the air, and then you begin to fall, your speed increases as you reach the ground, and you easily keep going, passing levels of soil you phase into the earth itself, your senses flashing in overdrive, you seek out a deposit of strong Marble. Using the power you are wrapped with to make a small pocket you gather up two dozen massive boulders of the marble, and head back to the ship. With a massive crash the man-sized marble boulders are deposited in your work area, and your powers begin to fade, along with your consciousness due to using so much at one time...
+188 quarry exp [levelup]
+ 24 Rock Marble Boulders [69]

I will increase the mutation and breeding rates of nine of the fish, in order to make them hyperevolutionary, and make sure they are kept in stasis for now.
99 !!
5+68+12=
Splitting off half of the tetras you gathered yesterday, you focus your mind on the biology and structure of the little fishes. Your mind seems extraordinarily clear as you first wrap a time dilation around the fish, then you tweak the evolutionary structures within each fish, increasing mutations as you speed the time forward between your hands. Even with your enhanced mental capability however, getting them to breed is a difficult task. Your mind powers along however, and before long you have a handful of minuscule tetra caviar. Each tiny egg contains the fruits of your labor, however, during the process the original tetras die due to stress.
+198 fish breeder exp [leveup]
+ 65 sparkling mutant tetra eggs [85]
Note: Remember that a source material is needed for crafting, you won't be able to successfully breed animals and expect to keep the parents. It kind of falls under the robot making robots rule, think of it as the law of equal exchange for the Aglaia. I thought this result was better because of the extreme critical success, instead of just saying, ok you warp the fish into high breeding types, but they don't actually breed.
- 9 Freshwater Tetras [24]

Craft a breastplate from the metal sheet.  Get the topaz gemstone from group storage and set it in the piece.
92+1 !!
28+29+50+28=135
Collecting the gemstone from the group storage you pay the amount needed to exchange for it, and return to your station. Calling upon your powers you imagine a full forge in your work area, and in an instant everything is there. It is complete with bellows, fire, anvil, tongs, and hammer. Setting the gemstone aside for now, you begin work with the metal sheet. Heating comes first, as you get the metal to the point you can shape it. a quick wave of your hand creates a being of energy that mans the bellows for you as you focus on your task. The sheet becomes pliable and you move it to the anvil and begin to hammer it into shape. The metallic ringing echoes through the ship, and it harmonizes greatly with your mind. After a few more strikes you find yourself drifting off somehow. When your senses finally return you find yourself laying flat on your back in your station. Getting up hurriedly you look at the item next to you. The breastplate is exquisite. The large topaz is set deep into the metal right at the center, the setting shaped to make the stone look like a heart. The steel is ribbed on the shoulders to deflect weapon blows, and the whole of it is polished to an amazing shine.
+186 armorsmith exp ]levelup]
+ Pristine topaz-adorned steel breastplate [135]
- One topaz gemstone [99] (-99 influence)
- one steel 3'x3' sheet [56]

I'll lob my new bag into storage, there isn't a good use for it so you can roast it if you please. Right now, I have some DESSERTS to make.

Summon a plate (Only so the food doesn't go on the table when presented, get half of the blueberries, crush them and mix with the Cool Whip.  Apply onto the plate in a loose cone shape. Chop the pineapple into rings and arrange at the base of the Cool Whip Cone. Apply the rest of the berries. If I'm allowed, summon a cocktail umberella and apply to the top. Done.
66+88+12+48+28=242
With a snap of your fingers, a glowing plate made of light appears as you begin your work. Quick smooth motions separates the blueberries, crushes them, and mixes them into the coolwhip. A fluid spiral motion decoratively places the mixture on the plate. In another moment, a glowing knife appears in your hand, and deft movements cuts the pineapples quickly and easily and the rings fall perfectly into place around the blueberry coolwhip. You finish the dish with more of the blueberries, and think it would look good with a tiny umbrella, but with no source for such decoration, you instead use a carved pineapple top made to look vaguely like a palm tree.
+80 patissier exp
+ one Tropical Delight Dessert [242]
- 31 fresh pineapples [25]
- one plastic container of fluffy white material labeled 'Cool Whip' [96]
- one 10oz package of frozen blueberries [56]
- one small plastic bag [4]

When the time is up, and Titania allows the portal to fade. The items marked for fuel evaporate in a puff of glowing particles. A low rumble preludes the jump, as the whole of the ship begins to shake. A strained metalic sound fills the halls, as everyone awake grabs on to something for support.

After the sounds finally fade, Titania exhales relievedly, and moves to a console near the portal. With a few keypresses, a video image of the next world shows up.

Through the portal you can see a frozen snowy forest. Massive tree trunks hold pine fronds, and the ground cover is only large ferns. A strange animal call that sounds like a mix between a cat and a bird echos in the distance.

Group Inventory:

---

New world time. As always let me know if you find any mistakes so I can correct them.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 11:38:48 am by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 1, World 2, Day 1)
« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2011, 11:53:35 am »

Yay!

Now make as big human statue as I can with my marble.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2011, 12:13:09 pm »

Very nice.

I assume you can add on further to a piece you make?

Gather metal.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2011, 02:42:04 pm »

Hell.

Fucking.

Yes.

Rename my masterpiece L'île d'ananas bleu and apply it to the Gallery. Proceed to go outside and locate some fresh meat.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2011, 03:46:11 pm »

That turn was awesome.

Anyway. Before I forget, I go out searching for the animal.
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 14, 2011, 07:32:18 pm »

Current World:
Gallery:
Player List:

At the appointed time, three of you head out into the cold forest when Titania opens the portal. It is early morning in this world, and the air is thick and heavy with oxygen. You find yourselves feeling a little dizzy before your powers automatically counteract the effects.

Now make as big human statue as I can with my marble.
69+6+35=110
Visualizing your powers as a massive glowing backhoe, you move your pile of boulders into the tallest part of the cargo bay. Carefully stacking them together, you heat them into molten rock, fusing them all into one giant lump. Then, switching gears into sculptor mode, you form a chisel and hammer and get to work. The final product isn't great, but eventually works out for what you intended. A massive six story high sculpture of a woman wearing a toga like outfit and pointing off into the distance.
+73 sculptor exp
+ one 60' tall marble statue of a woman [110]
- 24 Rock Marble Boulders [69]

I assume you can add on further to a piece you make?

Gather metal.
(You can keep crafting things indefinately, you just might end up lowering the influence value, as you get two rolls, and half the material influences to make the final influence. So it can be a gamble to keep crafting with finished goods.)
Finding metal out here is extremely difficult. You can barely even see the ground through the snow cover, and there's no sign of any sort of civilization that might have extracted the metal for you. So after wandering for a bit, you decide to return to the ship before Titania gets too tired and closes the portal behind you.
+20 scrapyard exp

Rename my masterpiece L'i^le d'ananas bleu and apply it to the Gallery. Proceed to go outside and locate some fresh meat.
Walking to a side room set for the Gallery, you place your creation on a stone pedistal, a blue light surrounds it, encasing it in stasis. You feel power flowing into you, and a small sign appears in front of the item with your new name, and a full description on what the item is:
~ L'i^le d'ananas bleu ~ [242]
A dessert delicacy created by Alex the Chef. A mixture of crushed blueberries and coolwhip is swirled in the center of many pineapple rings. On top more blueberries are scattered, with a creatively shaped pineapple top finishing off the garnish.
84-99=1
Finished with your gallery display, and feeling bolstered by the new powers, you head out into the forest. Augmenting your legs into springs with your powers, you leap across the ground, looking for something that might work for fresh meat. In the distance you spot a herd of animals moving through a field of snow covered grass north of the forest. As you reach closer you find these to be massive wooly elephants with huge tusks. Not being all that picky you scan the herd and find a smaller specimine that seems to be lagging behind the herd. With a quick slash of power you end it's life, and then skin it. Using another skillfull burst of power you extract the bones and guts leaving you with a massive body of meat.
+56 hunting exp
+ Skinned, De-boned, Mammoth Meat [99]
( This is a prime example of specifying a bit too much. The roll was close to the failing mark, and I thought about giving you a penalty for specifying, however, I decided that meat was relatively easy to find in this world. That said, if you had gotten the same roll on a normal 'gather' action, you would have brought back the full mammoth, allowing you to disect it the next turn, getting skin, tendons, brains, heart, other organs, fur, bones, tusks, blood, etc along with your meat. )

Anyway. Before I forget, I go out searching for the animal.
88+1
49-99=1
Following Alex, you also come upon the Mammoth herd. You are rather displeased as how wasteful the Chef is with his kill, and feel a close empathy to these massive beasts. Calling out with your mind, you find a large male following the herd, a bit ways off to get away from the Patriarch. With some calming words, and a few strokes of a fur covered trunk, you lead the massive beast back to the ship. Titania eeps a bit when you help her expand the portal to allow the fur covered elephant to walk through. She then eyes you with a stern look, "I am so not cleaning up after that."
+89 animal empathy exp
+ one Male Wooly Mammoth [99]

Releasing the portal, Titania seems a bit stronger this time, as she flutters away on her wings, presumably to rest in a room away from the cargo bay and work stations. It occurs to you that her existance is very strange. The ship should have enough power now to open the portal itself. And even if she was a creation made to do this due to lack of fuel, she seems to break the first rule. These thoughts seem to nag at you, as you wait until the next work session.

Group Inventory:

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 1, World 2, Day 2)
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2011, 09:10:39 pm »

Hmm....

Stick the breastplate in the Gallery.  Take the lump of lead ore from group storage and make lead gauntlets out of it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2011, 12:07:27 am »

Perfect. I keep the mammoth far away from group storage - wouldn't want it to end up served with pineapple and cool whip - and concentrate on the fish agian.
Hatch all of the eggs
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2011, 09:34:26 am »

Great.

Now try to find something that could help me to wake the statue alive.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Now accepting Players for Cycle 1)
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2011, 11:04:58 am »

There is still a spot open for cycle 2? Wow. Count me in.

Name: Murdoc
Profession: Necromancer
Bio:
Murdoc was born to a pair of moisture farmers on a barren desert world. He lived a relatively normal life up through his mid teens, but then the undead collective attacked his home-world. Murdoc's family was killed and he himself was turned to unlife and inducted into the collective as a humble worker.

After coming to terms with his new existence Murdoc found work as a necromancers apprentice. It was there he learned to create vile potions, animate terrifying abominations, and lay fearsome curses. He picked up quickly, so quickly in fact that he was selected to an elite team to create a planet destroying monster after only 8 years of practice. Most of the Liches he now found himself working with had been plying their trade for at least 500 years, and even they quickly found out that the young Murdoc was their better.

Murdoc's team eventually created a massive unliving star-worm, and Murdoc himself revived much of the credit. Revered as a prodigy he was promoted to head of the ministry of Necromancy, a position he held for over 300 years. When a mass revolt overthrew the government Murdoc was sure he was going to be destroyed like most of his comrades, however the mob tapped him as the first ever president, a fate that Murdoc considered even worse. After spending 6 years leading his people instead of practicing his craft Murdoc is quite relieved to have woken up on this strange ship...

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2011, 11:08:55 am »

Great.

Need to know if this is a Gather or an attempt at a craft. As either would work, just might be difficult on both ends.

Also welcome Weird. A necromancer should be interesting. :) Just don't break the sentience rule.

Weirdsound:
Murdoc the Necromancer
Corpse Animation 1 [0/100]

Just waiting on Kirby for today's rolls.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2011, 11:12:45 am »

Great.

Need to know if this is a Gather or an attempt at a craft. As either would work, just might be difficult on both ends.
I think I'll try to gather something first.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 15, 2011, 07:52:54 pm »

Ok, Kirby has one more hour to post his action, before he gets skipped and an influence penalty.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 15, 2011, 11:38:38 pm »

Current World:
Gallery:
Player List:

The time comes for yet another foray into work, and for some reason Titania is late. Most of you don't mind much, but Alex and Orestes decide to split up and look for her. Eventually the stoneworker finds the room she has claimed as her own, and catches her napping in a very fluffy looking bed. She apologizes profusely and quickly opens the portal for those who wish to go through it.

Stick the breastplate in the Gallery.  Take the lump of lead ore from group storage and make lead gauntlets out of it.
You place the breastplate on another pedestal, and the blue light surrounds it. A small plaque appears, along with a description, as you feel energy flowing into you.
~ Pristine topaz-adorned steel breastplate ~ [135]
This steel breastplate has ridges of steel carefully merged with the shoulders of the armor. Both as a decorative function and practicality, these ridges deflect incoming blade edges. The metal of the whole breastplate is shined to a chrome sheen, and a large topaz gemstone is set in the center front of the item. The setting of the metal around the stone forms a heart shape.
Using some of your new gained power, you claim the lead ore from the group storage.
However, try as you might, you can't seem to generate enough heat to smelt the ore properly. You know it is possible to melt and remove impurities, but you can't seem to get the technique right. Luckily you manage to stop before you harm the ore, but you feel it was close.
+12 glover exp
+ one lumps of lead ore [26]
- Pristine topaz-adorned steel breastplate [135]

Hatch all of the eggs
90+21+42=153
Gathering the eggs in your hands, you focus your energy. First step is a time distortion. Speed up the time around each individual egg. Make sure the temperature and moisture around them stay stable as you do so. Carefully... the creatures inside each egg break free, and float around in the air. Many of them die because they cannot breathe air, but the mutant genes you placed in the tiny little fishes allow about a third of them to mutate enough to breath air. You end up with 21 strange little lung tetras. For some added reason, they seem to have two left fins.
+81 biological accelleration exp
+21 mutant lung tetras with 2 left fins. [153]
- 65 sparkling mutant tetra eggs [85]

I think I'll try to gather something first.
50-94=1
Walking out into the prehistoric looking land you weigh your options. The most abundant resources seem to be the massive pine trees, and random animals wandering about. Wanting something more unique, you search the area directly around the portal and find a small cave entrance hidden behind some ferns. Creating a bubble of light around your neck, you begin to decend. Deeper and Deeper you go, until the walls of the cave change from the smooth limestone into a jagged granite. At the end you find a massive geode filled with crystals the size of the mammoth's outside. Carefully focusing your powers to preserve one massive crystal you pry it out of the ground, and slip it into a pocket of dimension for transport back up to the ship.
+60 geologist exp
+ 1 massive clear quartz crystal [94]

After time is up, and Titania closes the portal, only then do you realize that Alex never showed up from searching for the little fae. Worried about him being lost in the ship's massive halls, Titania operates one of the ship consoles and teleports him back from wherever he was lost. The flash of light that deposits him back at his station leaves him feeling unsteady and with a memory gap from the time he was lost in the ship, it also deducts an amount of influence from his powers to resupply what was used to bring him back.
-5 influence for Kirby (-.- rng loves you man, the ONLY time low numbers would be good, heh)

Group Inventory:

----------

Well, kirby got a bit more than an hour since that last post because I got called away. But even still. This is your ONLY warning Kirby. Your profile said you were online at 2 this afternoon. Doesn't take much to post an action here, Don't forget again or I will drop you for the first person on the wait list that wants to join.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Aglaia's Forge (Cycle 1, World 2, Day 3)
« Reply #59 on: July 15, 2011, 11:47:52 pm »

...Making gauntlets is a different skill than armor?  Sure, why not?

One more try on Craft Gauntlets from Lead Ore.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 28