Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 188

Author Topic: You are King! (Spring 315a)  (Read 185115 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! (Spring 315a)
« Reply #2700 on: August 28, 2011, 07:42:12 pm »

Jarod relaxed and lowered his sword.

"I serve King Erik, yes. I don't know where Trubaldsome is, I was waiting for him. And by the way... Do you know where Sir Taric is held?"

He was not sure he should be talking about that with the man (who may or may not be mad) but he trusted elbrethians.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: August 28, 2011, 07:44:13 pm »

"You're talking to him, If you're waiting for him though then there's no time to talk. You know which door he'll come from?"
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: August 28, 2011, 07:50:00 pm »

Oh hell. Oh bloody hell. The gods were being cruel.

"Oh... I fear I understand what you want to do. I don't know where he'll be coming from... Look. I'll go outside the castle and get my carriage. I'll park it near the door, and maybe distract the guards, if possible. Do what you want to do, and if you survive meet me outside the main door. I'll take you to Sheepstead. Understood?"

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: August 28, 2011, 07:57:01 pm »

"Understood, I'll find somewhere else to ambush Trubaldsome from"

Hide behind the throne.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: August 28, 2011, 08:11:00 pm »

Trubaldsome scowled at the guard who entered his room, telling him of someone wanting to see him.
"In the throne room? You know I am not going in there until it is painted over! Go back and bring them here. Not like I have time for this, anyway."
He waved the guard away with a hand and then looked back down to what he was writing, narrowing his eyes thoughtfully.
He muttered to himself after the man left, leaving just he and Waery in the room, and rubbed at his sleepy eyes with his palms, "Damnit, the nightmares, they haven't stopped." He had only recently awoken, and he was still in his pyjamas and his hair was a mess. He pulled a comb from his desk and began to try and beat some life into the unruly mop, before standing to go over to his wardrobe.
He called across to Waery as he looked over his many different outfits, all neatly arranged, "We are making an appearance today, yes?" The Captain nodded from his spot by the door. "Yes, M'Lord, ye said yer was going to 'ave an execution fer Lord Taric, I believe." Comprehension flashed across Trubaldsome's face, "Ah yes, that's right. It's a fairly warm day, so I suppose I'll..." He trailed off, talking thoughtfully to himself about suitable execution attire, as he picked out a simple suit of blue cotton striped with purple, over which he wore a soft light-brown kidskin vest, also slightly striped.
He pulled on his green felt boots, placed his hat on his head and then glanced down at his swordbelt, lying jumbled in a corner of the wardrobe.
"Hrm... Well I suppose it wouldn't hurt." He clumsily buckled it on, fumbling with the straps for a while, and then dropped his snuffbox into a pocket, completing the outfit.
He sat down again in his chair, pouring himself a glass of wine. "Just as soon as I've dealt with whoever wishes to see me, we shall go, Waery."

Send the guard back to bring whoever it is to see me in my quarters. I'm not going back in the throne room til it's... Cleaned!
Also, get dressed for the day.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: August 28, 2011, 08:32:04 pm »

Why had he said that? It was stupid, and there where more obvious targets. Suul.
" You are right. Head to Suul, and try to convert the small towns around their capital to change faiths. Then, you must rally the populace to rebel against their oppresors. Attempt to get weapons for the peoples rebbellion. Head forward! To Suul! Down with the bishop!"
Send troops to ferment rebbellion in the Sullian country side.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #2706 on: August 28, 2011, 09:17:22 pm »

"See, the problem is your first instinct was to stab and rend, like an animal.  You need to be more gentle, precise, and not incompetent."

Some time later.

"Well you still need a new cadaver, any leads? The Granny? Hm... it would be interesting to view the ravages of age on the inner body as well as outer, I'll be sure to attend the dissection when you apprehend.. what's that?  Tavern?  I'll get my coat."

Accompany Kain as he searches for the "granny"
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: August 28, 2011, 09:24:07 pm »

Jormund calmly replies to the McKinley chief, "You should listen to what Manskinner has to say because whether you like it or not, he's a very powerful man just as you are. He doesn't wish for you to be enemies and all the acts against you were a mistake ordered by a subordinate who overstepped his bounds. It's his belief that by working together both you and him could profit. He wishes to propose an alliance, and wishes that you and he could work together. He eventually hopes that maybe these lands could stand united.."

Attempt to negotiate a treaty with the McKinley chief.

Edit: Went back and looked at what I was actually supposed to be negotiating and realized I had somehow mixed things up in my head.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 10:00:54 pm by Jormundur »
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: August 29, 2011, 12:21:05 am »

Aulon nodded cautiously. The King had been acting strangely all evening. Well, too late to turn back now.

'Yes, well. He did as he thought was best for the good of the Kingdom, riding to Miring. The war was over, and our troops no longer needed. We saw no reason to participate in the wanton looting that would surely follow in Preston. After the deaths of his two brothers, he was the next-in-line to the throne of Miring. The Mirish people will not be satisfied with anyone else. If he's replaced, there will be a rebellion.'

'He expects the position of a Duke, or Prince of Miring - whichever suits you better. With the hardships endured by the Mirish people, a tax exemption or atleast lowered royal taxes might be in order. But that is for you to decide.'

Aulon paused to think. He couldn't mention Terenos anymore.

'After Sir Taric receives his punishment, Miring would be happy to become a part of your Kingdom. I do not see why there would be any reason for further bloodshed. Any rumours of a 'rebellion' are lies - as rumours often are revealed to be. Lord Trubaldsome has always been and always will be your loyal servant. Do not let the actions of a madman cloud your vision.'

He immediately regretted saying that. Had he been too direct? He'd never had time to find out how the King liked to be spoken to.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: August 29, 2011, 05:05:42 am »

Go to "The Barking Spider" and find 'Granny' Mistaris.
Having armed yourself satisfactorially, you go out, making your way along Sheepstead's darkened streets, your breath turning to white condensation in the night air. You have been to the Barking Spider once before, having heard of it briefly from your father's associates, [6] and you head straight to the small alleyway it's housed in.
You push open the door, take a quick glance over the common room: Nothing much to see, just a bunch of hard drinkers staring into their cups at the bar, mostly, and a few various people seated about the room at the crude tables.

Wasting no time, you head over to the bar and take a seat. After a moment, the bulky form of the bartender appears before you, wordlessly awaiting your order. You don't beat around the bush, saying simply, "I am looking for a woman named 'Granny' Mistaris, do you know of her?"

With your heightened awareness from your line of work, you perceive a slight shift in the moods of the men seated around you.
Suddenly they don't seem so drunk. In fact, the core group of drinkers at the middle of the bar, sitting either side of you, are eyeing you with open suspicion, and you also notice they seem rather openly aggressive as they set down their drinks, pulling daggers and clubs from various well-worn sheaths and belts. "Y' don't come in here an' ask stupid questions, friend!" Says a lead figure, a viciously-scarred, unkempt brute with sallow skin and a tri-corner hat placed somewhat innocuously on his head. "Ah'll cut y' open from guts t' gizzard, y' ugly bastard!" A few flecks of spittle hit your face to punctuate his point. Even the bartender produces a large, lead-weighted club from beneath the bar.
As if that wasn't bad enough, at that moment the door bursts open and in comes a very tall, imposing-looking figure in flowing black-and-red robes, with a large axe strapped to his back. He's flanked by two well-armed soldiers.
Uh oh...

Go to the more seedier taverns and start breaking fingers of small-time crooks for information on Granny.

You head out into the City night, your guards falling in behind you wordlessly. [6] You head into the darker, less well-kept side of the city, intent on a nice, relaxing evening of torturing drunken farmers for information.
The first tavern you barge into is largely empty, just a few off-duty labourers seated about the spartan establishment, relaxing after a hard day's work. You point out a suitable target to your men, a blond-haired middle aged man sitting with his fellows at a small table, dressed in simple cotton clothes.
Two of your guards stride fowards to grab him, scattering the drinks from the table before shoving him down onto it, as the third watches the door. You move over to the fear-stricken, confused man, and give your best smile. Which is, doubtless, pretty damn scary, as his eyes widen further.
"Wh-wh-what d'you want of me, sir? I've done nothing wrong!" "You are going to tell me something. Do you know an old lady, called 'Granny Mistaris'?
"N-no sir! Never heard of her!"

...You rather swiftly make him change his mind, and exit the building with a satisfied feeling and directions to a small drinking establishment nearby, known as the Barking Spider. The man's directions prove good, and you quickly make your way to the location, squashed between a cluster of warehouses and an old, abandoned building, apparently quite impressive once upon a time.

You fling open the door and step inside, casting your eyes across the room as your men move in.
The place itself doesn't look like much, gloomy, dank, cheap furnishings and mostly-bare walls, but you seem to have arrived during a bit of an altercation. As far as you can see, a bunch of wildly-dressed thugs are arguing amongst themselves at the bar, knives out and angry. This should be interesting.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 05:08:14 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: August 29, 2011, 05:44:36 am »

Looking over his shoulder Ludwig saw 3 guys wearing armour with signs of the king. He recognized the guy with the axe, he had been in court. He took a drink from a thugs glass who was sitting next to him and proceeded to act as he didn't know the axe wielding guy.

Ignore Kain and very closely listen in on stuff. Only fight if totally necessary.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 04:15:11 pm by vagel7 »
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: August 29, 2011, 06:38:07 am »

Quote from:  ShootandRun
Fight the madman but try to spare him (explaining a dead body to the king was going to be hard). If he does not want to fight, don't attack him.

[5] your piercing battle cry could wake the dead. If nobody was alerted by your presence, congratiulations Miring knows that you are here.

on the other hand [1+1] The madman doesn't seem to recognise the battle-cry, although your scream nearly deafened him, giving you a slight advantage.

Taricus will be stunned for the first round(giving him a -2 modifier), due to the sheer enormity of the scream. You have five rounds before the first guards arrive in the throne room. Taric has the (questionable) Weapon advantage (+1) due to longer reach and the psychological effect of his weapon. Armor advantages are evened out.

[3 vs 6-2+1] You try to use your advantage and storm directly at your enemy to end this fight quickly, but the madman in his confusion flails the body senselessly around and by sheer luck hits you in the face. A loud crunch tells you that something had been hit. hard. [Shootandrun 2Hp]

[3 vs 3+1] although you do your best to fend him off the madmen continues to pummel you with his flail, breaking your shield arm and sending you flying. [Shootandrun 1 Hp]

[2 vs 4+1] barely managing to get up another hit with the body throws you against the arras, adding some new blood stains to it. Managing to bring yourself into a sitting position, your rapidly blurring vision betrays a last blink on your executioner, his implement of death a broken mangled human body. You scream one last time as the body smashes your face and then fade into merciful darkness...somewhere in the encroaching darkness you think you can make out shouts of several more persons but you don't care anymore...

((i leave it open here whether Taricus finishes you off...depending on his dealings with the guard. ))

Taricus Manflail:

Having deposed of this wimpy servant with your holy wrath, you are interrupted in your work by the Guards. "STOP IN THE NAME OF KING TRUBALDSOME!". Terror and disgust is clearly showing on the Guards face. How would you like to deal with those pathetic maggots?

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: August 29, 2011, 08:52:27 am »

Throw my current body/weapon at the guard charging at me, then use the newly made corpse/unconcious servant to beat the guard down!

filiusenox

• Bay Watcher
  • Prince of Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: August 29, 2011, 10:54:15 am »

"What seems to be the problem here, gentlemen?...Oh I believe you should put those weapons down before somebody gets hurt...most likely the people holding said weapons."

With a flicker of recognition, he notices Ludwig.

Intimidate the drunks into submission, if that fails, Don't harm Ludwig and only kill the people holding weapons, leave one to three alive of course.
Keep Mahtan out of the fighting for his safety.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 11:15:19 am by filiusenox »
"No, I'm being obstinate for the sake of I hate you."

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #2714 on: August 29, 2011, 11:04:13 am »

Remain comically oblivious to the danger, and order an ale.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 188