- 1 (7.1%)
Roman thing
- 2 (14.3%)
A Minion's Idea
- 3 (21.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: July 04, 2011, 08:28:09 am

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Lair of the Overlord (Freeform) (EMERGENCY)  (Read 5589 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lair of the Overlord (Freeform) (Mission 1)
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2011, 08:16:28 am »

Friblork runs up to Rocks, looking rather bewildered. "Hey, Rocks! You' my buddy, righ'?! Wha' we supposed to be doi'g?"
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2011, 08:29:54 am »

Korok saw the cabbage man, and wondered what it tasted. He ran after him and heard him talk.

"Master said somethin' about monkeys. We must hunt monkeys."

After that, because he was'nt a good hunter, he remained with the two others.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
  • ^ is a picture of a top hat with eyes
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2011, 08:37:03 am »

((So are we just gonna make up the plot as we go along?  Do us players just write down what we imagine our characters would see?  I'm just more used to a GM telling me where I am, what I can do, what I saw, etc.  I'm not used to winging it.
a little bit of you making up the plot, a bit of me making up the plot.
this is my first time as a game master, so i am mostly winging it, helps make the plot more flexible.

The mission so far:
The Overlord has sent his minions to 1875 china to steal the jade monkey, they arrive in some ruins
Mouse fell asleep, the overlord got angry, Rocks put mouse on his head, The spider has completely forgotten his trip here earlier, mouse looked at the immediate area from rocks head (The Ruins are surrounded by bamboo (Beware the bloodthirsty panda)
To the south is some barely visible animal tracks), The spider skuttles off into the shadows, Friblork is late.

Group's Inventory/loot:
Communication Stones (1 for all)
Picture of jade Monkey (on Right hand man)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 09:17:34 am by NoahTophatz »
New words are made by general useage
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2011, 08:41:44 am »

"Korok We are low on edible meat go hunt some to cook, and take a minion or two with you"
Mutie? My eldrtich fluffykins? He is a graceful and proud creature! That may or may not be the essence of every nightmare since the beginning of time and will cause you to go mad by being near it.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2011, 09:04:35 am »

Can we eat Mouse instead?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 09:06:11 am by Heliman »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2011, 09:05:34 am »

The Spider continued on his journey.  According to a message given to him by his master, he had indeed scouted the area, but had somehow forgotten about it.

Impossible, he thinks to himself, a spider never forgets anything.  Not willingly, anyway.  Could someone have removed the memory?

These thoughts did not matter.  He immediately saw a farmer working in the fields, working to harvest rice.  Creeping close, yet always out of sight, he sneaked up on the farmer.

"Hello.", he said.

"Huh?  Who's there?" shouted the farmer in rapid Chinese. 

The farmer turned around, but The Spider dashed behind, unseen.  This happened a few more times until the farmer gave up. 

"Will you answer my question?"

"Y-yes.", the farmer said nervously.

"Good.  Now, tell me, whom do you serve?"

((This is where it gets tricky.  The one and only problem that I have with this game is that we players have a bit too much power.  Imagine what would happen if the contestants in the Amazing Race show got to choose their challenge.  They would choose the easiest challenge.  Players in roleplaying games need limitations, and some direction, or else it will turn into absolute chaos.))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2011, 09:12:35 am »

((With regards to the OP situation. It's fine as long as people don't start doing things along the lines of "nuh uh you can't hit me cause I have an invincible forcefield around myself." Good RP is knowing your own limitations and not playing yourself out to be a god of some sort.  ALSO: Gah, you're totally ignoring my character's response to your situation a few posts ago but whatever lets roll with your more boring, less humorous and somewhat informative thing.))

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2011, 09:20:18 am »

((This is where it gets tricky.  The one and only problem that I have with this game is that we players have a bit too much power.  Imagine what would happen if the contestants in the Amazing Race show got to choose their challenge.  They would choose the easiest challenge.  Players in roleplaying games need limitations, and some direction, or else it will turn into absolute chaos.))
Don't worry if you have too much power i will just make you catch MagmaMen with your bare hands. and if that does't work i will show you why i am the overlord and not you

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2011, 09:24:30 am »

((With regards to the OP situation. It's fine as long as people don't start doing things along the lines of "nuh uh you can't hit me cause I have an invincible forcefield around myself." Good RP is knowing your own limitations and not playing yourself out to be a god of some sort.  ALSO: Gah, you're totally ignoring my character's response to your situation a few posts ago but whatever lets roll with your more boring, less humorous and somewhat informative thing.))

((My guy isn't really supposed to be funny.  He's supposed to be a dark, brooding, schemer who hardly feels any emotion...just like me in real life   ;)   ))
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2011, 09:44:56 am »

((My guy isn't really supposed to be funny.  He's supposed to be a dark, brooding, schemer who hardly feels any emotion...just like me in real life   ;)   ))
You forgot liking elves

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2011, 09:49:57 am »

Can we eat Mouse instead?
Rocks you cannot eat Mouse unless he does something really stupid

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 02, 2011, 09:56:26 am »

New jobs avalible including one secret one
The secret one can be done in addition to the normal one only 2 secret jobs max. they may or may not be different
New Jobs list:
Position needed: Loot Master
Position needed: Secret PM me
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 10:03:42 am by NoahTophatz »

NoahTophatz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 02, 2011, 09:59:14 am »

The Building will be a combination of all the parts based on percentages in he poll
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 10:04:16 am by NoahTophatz »

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 02, 2011, 10:14:30 am »

Ulspa stepped through the portal, and into some sort of forested area. He took a deep breath and immediately started coughing.
"This place reeks of humans, I don't smell a large population of mystic beings anywhere...." Ulspa snorted under his breath.
He had been hired by a feeble  powerful and handsome/beautiful overlord to find a "Jade Monkey". He personally thought the idea was idiotic, but if this powerful but foolish overlord is going to be feeding him for the current , he had better get used to it..at least until he gets enough job experience to apply to work for the son of the late and great overlord Krichescovoy....
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 02, 2011, 11:07:12 am »

"Me must hunt, cook. Goodbye."

Korok, with a limited memory and an even more limited attention, forgot to bring minions with him. He went towards the animal tracks, like he learned to do long ago in the caverns, and he followed them.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6