Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220492 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn RT: Toaster Accidentally Clicked "Hard Mode"
« Reply #1725 on: December 27, 2012, 09:11:14 pm »

Spoiler: Map: Aqua Resort (click to show/hide)

Pfffheh... Sorry, but you are quite amusing right now Balancer. I take it that I am seeing one of your friends here? If you can hear me, then hello.

He gave a wave in reply to the blue figure, seeing that Bradley had left the room and he could do so safely.

"Heh, underground. Nice one. Anyway, it seems like you are looking for some kind of lance, and I haven't seen anything around here that looks like that, so my apologies. I'll keep an eye out for it though. So, back to why I came in here, I was wondering if you know why Ochita seemed in such a rush? Did he tell you anything?"

Take a moment to think over the description of the weapon she just told me and see if I can remember anything that matches it's description in history. It must be important for the princess to come here looking for it in person!

: "Do not waver. The world's clock is ticking."

... Zelda nervously scratches the back of her head at the mention of Ochita. Meanwhile, Zach thinks back to any weapon he might have seen or heard of matching Zelda's description. ... However, he can't remember any weapon like that.

That's... not helpful.  So Crank decided to ignore it.

SCREAM while resting.

... Crank yells out, wincing as pain shoots through his foot. This adventure has not been kind to him. He sits down near the dark shards of broken sign to rest, the soft hum of a harmonica - the warming strum of a harp - the loud clink of stone against forgotten stone keeping him aware, awake as he kicks back against the shadowy room's eastern wall.

Make haste.

Crank feels a healing light wash over him. He regains the will to fight once more. Crank is healed for 3 HP and 4 MP!

((OK, so crazy holiday antics are more or less over for me, so I'll hop back in whenever ffs has the time.))

Somebody hasn't been taking their pills. Again. Re-focus yourself, and see where you've wandered off to in your stupor.

Dirk examines his surroundings.

He's still in the top-level hallway. The large object with moon-like crevices is no longer there, and a light shines from the east wall to the west one. There's doors on both sides of him. The Catsone is missing its ears.

Fuzz was sad that he wouldn't get to see Red or especially Oomph, but his current mission was just as important (if not more so) than his old one.

Go down the pipe.

Fuzz heads down the pipe to find Zelda. His ... COMMON SENSE ROLL allows him to hear her talking to someone in the room to the west, so he skirts around the Angry Sun Room and heads to the next one over.

Fuzz sees a GREY-HAIRED HIPSTER moving in on his woman.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 01:35:49 am by freeformschooler »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn RT: Toaster Accidentally Clicked "Hard Mode"
« Reply #1726 on: December 28, 2012, 12:26:12 am »

Spoiler: Answers (click to show/hide)
CLINGY PUPPY MODE ACTIVATE

"Yay Princess I found you! I saw some of my friends one of them is a ghost and the other is also a ghost I think but he's all dark and doomy and that room was pretty boring but-

Fuzz sees a GREY-HAIRED HIPSTER moving in on his woman.
Hey how did you get here, and who are you, and why are you looking at the princess like that!?
Stand behind Zelda and inquire about Mister Hat-'N-Shades.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: December 28, 2012, 12:55:28 am »

Spoiler: Questionairre (click to show/hide)

Bradley decided to follow Fuzz back and aimlessly mill around Zach for awhile.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 12:57:23 am by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: December 28, 2012, 12:59:08 am »

((SC, you cannot, in any way, be worse than me. Trust me :P ))
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: December 28, 2012, 01:04:30 am »

(That's completely irrelevant. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: December 28, 2012, 01:19:11 am »

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 01:39:03 am by freeformschooler »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn RT: Bradley is horribly confused
« Reply #1731 on: December 28, 2012, 01:41:58 am »

(As much as I hate to say it, a plot dump may indeed be necessary. As far as I'm aware the main goal was to get all the stars, but now I'm pretty much completely lost on what's supposed to be happening. ^^^;)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: December 28, 2012, 02:32:59 am »

(I think that I've got something of a handle on most of the plot, mostly because of SUPER SRS SECRET GM COMMUNICASHUNS*. But a plotdump would be nice, as would a puzzledump of notable features in the rooms we have access to. The maps are nice, but my brain is dumb and has trouble connecting the dots between different map segments.

* Not actually that secret or srs.)
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: December 28, 2012, 08:50:14 am »

Zach gave a little start at the sudden enterance of Fuzz and seeing how protective he was of the princess, he must be a bodyguard of some sort.

: "Oh, hello! I'm Zachary, but you can just call me Zach for short. The princess and I were just talking about things, so there's no need to worry. I take it that you were once travelling with Bradley and Ochita before, seeing how you know their names? I'm currently with them looking for the stars as well, which is why we are here, trying to figure out this big puzzle."

He took a quick moment to think out a message to the blue spirit again.

Ahhhh, so I can communicate with more than just him. Interesting... And I have no intention of letting the world end. Not while I still breathe.

Zach scratched his forehead and turned back to the princess again. Talking on two fronts like this was taking some getting used to...

: "Anyway, I'd really like to know what was wrong with Ochita, since I am travelling with him after all and we kinda don't have time to worry about less important things. Can you tell me please?"

((FACIAL SPRITES!! SQUEEEE))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: December 28, 2012, 09:10:33 am »

Crank sighed as he prepared to move.  He wasn't completely ready to go, but for whatever reason the voices were urging him on.  Since they were likely the only reason he hadn't been stomped by now, he had better oblige.  The only issue was this trap... how to get past it?

Perhaps it's time to rely on the shield again.

Head south, then fire up the Abjuration Sphere and use that to pass the laser.

Spoiler: Questionnaire (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: December 28, 2012, 07:02:55 pm »

: "Anyway, I'd really like to know what was wrong with Ochita, since I am travelling with him after all and we kinda don't have time to worry about less important things. Can you tell me please?"
"I, uhhh, actually don't know. He went off with one of the others, way back in the Piranha's Forest, and disappeared. If I were you I'd ask Bradley, he's the only other one I've seen from our original group.

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: December 29, 2012, 01:07:28 am »

As a non-player but avid follower, I like everything so far.

One thing you could do if you have the time. In between chapters (or whatever), you could possibly draw a couple select scenes from the chapter. Then tag a quick run through the major events. (Sort of like the end of chapter summaries from Paper Mario, but with pics.)

Though things are already busy enough as it is, but I'm suggesting it anyway. Mostly because it is always cool to see a few scenes get the royal treatment.

As far as all the little plot lines, it keeps things interesting as each player has their own goals. There is a little bit of irony in SC's comment about not knowing what is going on. The irony is that honestly Bradley would be in the same situation himself. He's caught in the middle of what is basically a much bigger train wreck than he could realize. This gives Bradley a rather unique position in the story. Perhaps the plot dump could basically be handled as Bradley getting a handle on the situation.
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: December 31, 2012, 02:05:35 am »

Spoiler: Questionairre (click to show/hide)

Dirk looked around the hall he'd blundered into, coming to his senses with a sudden jolt and a very disappointing swell of confusion.

: "Oh, badger, I'm lost again? Ohhh... where did everybody go? I keep spacing out like this, why is that happening. And why do I feel like I should know this place?"

Um... head down that pipe? Did you just come up that pipe? Goodness, this is horrible. Yeah, the pipe.

((Only partially inspired by my own bad habits in keeping up with this thread, I might start playing Dirk as a partial anterograde amnesiac.))
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: January 05, 2013, 11:17:32 am »

The HP-MP upgrade has been applied. Everyone's resources have increased a little depending on their level.

I don't really expect anyone to reach a level past five over the course of MKW due to the EXP curve I've been using since the start of my suggestion game.

Hey how did you get here, and who are you, and why are you looking at the princess like that!?
Stand behind Zelda and inquire about Mister Hat-'N-Shades.
Bradley decided to follow Fuzz back and aimlessly mill around Zach for awhile.

Zelda shakes her head.

: "Calm down, Fuzz. I've got a strange feeling about this one. Now, if you don't mind, I'm gonna head back up and look into the room west of the waterworks."

Zelda quickly walks away, leaving just Fuzz and Zachary. Bradley, meanwhile, floats back around to the two.

((Minor notes.

Sercon: at a bit of a loss as to how to do your new Facesprites what're supposed to fit with the others. If you had a preference, what would it be? Zoomed in on Bradley's face like the last ones? Showing his full body? Front, diagonal, side view? Also, I think I may have been writing your HP in wrong. Due to Star Boon, it should be 12 HP (-1 from CON, +2 from SB, +1 from level), not 11 (-1 from CON, +1 from level, +1 from ???). Whatever, I'll catch it later if I did this wrong too.))

Zako & others - if you want your facesprites to appear more compact like they do in the spoilers in the OOC thread, just use img width=100 instead of just img when linking them. I don't care either way.))

Spoiler: Zachary (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fuzz (FuzzyZergling) (click to show/hide)

Crank sighed as he prepared to move.  He wasn't completely ready to go, but for whatever reason the voices were urging him on.  Since they were likely the only reason he hadn't been stomped by now, he had better oblige.  The only issue was this trap... how to get past it?

Perhaps it's time to rely on the shield again.

Head south, then fire up the Abjuration Sphere and use that to pass the laser.

Crank fires up his Abjuration Sphere, siphoning off most of his remaining MP. He then heads south and attempts to run past the laser eye turret once again.

... A searing light shoots toward Crank, but he holds his ground. His spell remains strong enough to totally reflect the energy of the laser back at the eye turret, causing its head to blow to bits and scatter about belowground.

Spoiler: Crank (Toaster) (click to show/hide)

Um... head down that pipe? Did you just come up that pipe? Goodness, this is horrible. Yeah, the pipe.

((Only partially inspired by my own bad habits in keeping up with this thread, I might start playing Dirk as a partial anterograde amnesiac.))
Hit the P-block.

Dirk heads back down the pipe just in time to see Ochita take a ... quick jab at the P-block across the water with his lance.

The bridge across the water disappears again. The Nep-enut, alerted to the commotion, speaks up.

: "HAVE MOONROCK?"

Spoiler: Dirk (CJ1145) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 11:23:58 am by freeformschooler »

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: January 05, 2013, 01:20:16 pm »

"Oh hey again Bradley! So I guess you guys are here looking for the Aqua Star?"
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 122