Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220488 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn RT: The Other Heroes
« Reply #1710 on: December 22, 2012, 09:27:40 pm »

* Toaster is hearing that low HP chime

Ouch, damn it!  Time to retreat and rethink.

Rest and ponder the situation.

♀†◘ Crank rests for another minute or so, but still no healing breeze. The low HP chime is intensely frustrating.

Ochita: Lets go down that pipe!

Ochita heads down the pipe, determined to solve this stupid puzzle. The Nep-enut rises, hearing someone hit the ground below him.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: December 22, 2012, 09:31:52 pm »

Ochita looked at the P-block. It looked P-blocky.

:"Excuse me, but what happens if I hit that P-block?"
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: December 22, 2012, 09:40:57 pm »

Crank grimaced.  He was hurt, and everything he had tried to get past this obstacle had failed.  If going forward didn't work, he'd have to try another route.

Go back a room.  Search the room for clues, especially to see if the sign's wreckage can be read.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: December 22, 2012, 09:53:25 pm »

Crank grimaced.  He was hurt, and everything he had tried to get past this obstacle had failed.  If going forward didn't work, he'd have to try another route.

Go back a room.  Search the room for clues, especially to see if the sign's wreckage can be read.

... Crank looks around the original room for clues. This time he is greatly successful. He finds: BROKEN SIGN SHARDS!

Ochita looked at the P-block. It looked P-blocky.

:"Excuse me, but what happens if I hit that P-block?"

... The Nep-enut's eyes go inward toward themselves but it does not appear to have a straight answer.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: December 22, 2012, 09:56:18 pm »

Hit the P-block.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn RT: Toaster Accidentally Clicked "Hard Mode"
« Reply #1715 on: December 22, 2012, 10:03:06 pm »

That's... not helpful.  So Crank decided to ignore it.

SCREAM while resting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn RT: Toaster Accidentally Clicked "Hard Mode"
« Reply #1716 on: December 22, 2012, 11:15:14 pm »

Zachary had to resist both laughing and jumping backwards in shock, and only just made a quick raise of the eyebrows from behind his glasses at the sudden appearance of a ghostly stranger.

Pfffheh... Sorry, but you are quite amusing right now Balancer. I take it that I am seeing one of your friends here? If you can hear me, then hello.

He gave a wave in reply to the blue figure, seeing that Bradley had left the room and he could do so safely.

"Heh, underground. Nice one. Anyway, it seems like you are looking for some kind of lance, and I haven't seen anything around here that looks like that, so my apologies. I'll keep an eye out for it though. So, back to why I came in here, I was wondering if you know why Ochita seemed in such a rush? Did he tell you anything?"

Take a moment to think over the description of the weapon she just told me and see if I can remember anything that matches it's description in history. It must be important for the princess to come here looking for it in person!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: December 22, 2012, 11:33:25 pm »

Bradley heads back to Fuzz. "Um, she s-says that she's d-done and you c-can g-go now," he reported.
"Yay!
While I'm here, what exactly have you guys been up to?"

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: December 23, 2012, 12:15:46 am »

"Um... O-Oomph left to d-do something in the f-future and the p-past... or s-something, I d-don't know wh-what. T-Time travel is l-like that. Um, the, um, rest of us have j-just b-been sorta... wa-wandering around aimlessly, solving p-puzzles when we c-can. Still l-looking for that Aqua St-Star," Bradley answered. "Um, and you?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: December 23, 2012, 12:44:53 am »

"Um... O-Oomph left to d-do something in the f-future and the p-past... or s-something, I d-don't know wh-what. T-Time travel is l-like that. Um, the, um, rest of us have j-just b-been sorta... wa-wandering around aimlessly, solving p-puzzles when we c-can. Still l-looking for that Aqua St-Star," Bradley answered. "Um, and you?"

I've been adventuring with the Princess, doing things like killing robots and signing complicated legal documents that I only barely understand.
We're travelling all over looking for a magic item called the Starlance that can do vague magical hero things!

Anyway it was nice seeing you again, but I have to find Zelda now!

Fuzz was sad that he wouldn't get to see Red or especially Oomph, but his current mission was just as important (if not more so) than his old one.

Go down the pipe.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: December 24, 2012, 01:00:33 am »

((Sorry if there aren't any updates for a little bit.

It's Christmas Eve and I'm kind of burnt out. Also, the Christmas Special might not materialize or at least be on time, but at least we still have illustrations and Flashes and tactical combat and stuff like that.))

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: December 25, 2012, 08:14:49 pm »

((OK, so crazy holiday antics are more or less over for me, so I'll hop back in whenever ffs has the time.))

Somebody hasn't been taking their pills. Again. Re-focus yourself, and see where you've wandered off to in your stupor.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: December 26, 2012, 11:04:54 pm »

((The update isn't all together yet, but I have some questions for anyone - particularly players, but also readers - who would like to answer. Don't be shy and just say "whichever is the least work" or "whichever you would prefer." This is your story in the end, not mine, and I am dedicated to its quality. Brutal criticism appreciated.))

Spoiler: Questionairre (click to show/hide)

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: December 26, 2012, 11:33:06 pm »

Spoiler: Questionairre (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: December 26, 2012, 11:44:05 pm »

Quote from: Questionnaire
Name/Username:                    Tiruin                 

Part 1: Maps

Question 1: would you prefer to keep the detailed "mapsprites" and have slower but more detailed updates or would you prefer to go back to the icons and have slightly faster but more abstract maps?

> Slightly faster but more abstract maps. Its simplistic, and a textual description could cover the blank spots. Also, less hectic for the GM, I suppose.

Question 2: would you prefer to have a full, spoilered map dump at the start of every post with all the relevant positions listed? Would you prefer to have only the relevant updated maps shown while in action? Or would you like both?

>Spoilered map dump at the start of every post.

OR, if own opinion could be given- I'd like one post holding the map, and a SEARCHKEY to be given (Like "Map") so those who need to see the map can easily use the search option at the top of the forum.

Helps the forumites know their tools too. :P

Question 3: if you could improve the maps in some other way, how would you? Note: I am highly flexible!

> While I'd say its as best as it can be, perhaps there can be some sort of central outlined map previewing where everyone is, and which rooms relate to one another and that would be the one updated instead?

As in, squares and dots with names.

Part 2: Mechanics!

Question 4: do you understand the game system as it stands? If not, what do you not understand about it? Is there anything that makes sense but only partially and you would prefer clarification on?

> For me, I'm ignorant when it comes to D&D dice, or any dice system above 10, but it is understandable - processing the rolls takes time to comprehend, but no clarification is needed as mostly the GM who rolls the dice is the one who must be understood; meaning that there is always a description afterwards of the effect of said roll anyway :P

But how the sense is presented is thoroughly appreciated. Game system is understandable.

Question 5: if you could improve the game system in some way, how would you?

> Simplify it, probably? The game system looks workable as it is, but if (and this is an if), the system gets too complex for the GM to handle, there are always fallback options.

Disclaimer: this commentator doesn't know much about the D20.

Part 3: Multimedia!

Question 6: do you enjoy the flash games and cutscenes in the game or feel it would be better without them?

> Hell yes. This critic loves how the flash games and cutscenes are presented. It reminds this critic so much of Prequel (or making a Cat Cry :P), for those who know that site.

Meaning, the added work and labor into this RTD makes it so loveable, it is loveable. :P

Question 7: if enjoyed, what type of flash game/cutscene would you like to see/have more of? Point and click adventure? Platformer? RPG battle? Full game?

> Do you know RPG maker? Even a simple workout of getting into a town and visiting every citizen in that area (which sounds like an RPG but is mostly a cinematic) would be a wise choice if the plot could be diverging and hidden clues be put in plain sight of the players. Though, simple output-input of text would do. An RPG battle doesn't seem to have an outcome if its done via the dice, but if done in a linear (click here) idea with the protagonist reacting to whatever is given to them, then kudos to that.

Cinematic seems best.

Question 8: if you could improve the flash games and cutscenes in some way, how would you? Remember: highly flexible.

Stay simple, and stay humorous. Those, I observe, are your fortes.

Part 4: Miscellaneous!

Question 9: is there anything else about the game and how it's run that's buggin you a little or a lot?

> I'm not playing XD

-not buggin' me-

« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 11:46:50 pm by Tiruin »
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 122