Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220632 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 73: Worry far too much.
« Reply #1515 on: November 25, 2012, 09:54:41 pm »

"...He's gone, Zack. Through a portal. I don't know where to," Bradley said, still staring at the floor, his hat in his tiny hands. "Something to do with time travelling. I can't explain it... and I don't feel like even trying to right now. Sorry..."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: November 25, 2012, 10:01:11 pm »

((I also normally try to avoid giving GM advice, but if you're having trouble determining an object's properties, Inspection might help out. It's free but not always useful.))

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 26, 2012, 04:25:07 pm »

While not entirely sure, Dirk is fairly certain he is currently in the middle of teleporting.

Dirk: Stop teleporting, and be where you're going to be already.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 26, 2012, 09:26:20 pm »

((I didn't know that ability also worked on objects... The more you know!))

"...

A portal? Wh-... How di-... Time t-..."

Zach struggled to think of an answer but then remembered that this was Oomph he was talking about and silly things tended to happen around him reguardless of reality.

"Nevermind... I'm sure he'll be back soon enough Bradley, he can take care of himself. Let's just focus on our current situation, ok?"

Use Inspection on those glyphs and that hole that Oomph stuck a torch in. Maybe my new ability can tell me more? Also, pull out that torch, it clearly doesn't belong in there and I could use the light.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 74: Clefts Look Stupid
« Reply #1519 on: December 05, 2012, 08:49:37 pm »

IT IS TIIIIIIIIME FOR THE MONTHLY MUSHROOM KINGDOM WARS UPDATE

I DID NOT INTEND FOR THIS GAME TO BE OVER HALF ILLUSTRATIONS BUT THAT JUST SORT OF HAPPENED

TURN SEVENTY FOUR!
Weather: Indoors
Time: Late morning
Light: Some

While not entirely sure, Dirk is fairly certain he is currently in the middle of teleporting.

Dirk: Stop teleporting, and be where you're going to be already.

Dirk looks up and realizes he has finally finished teleporting. He is now exactly where he was before. Good to have that over with!

Joe: Well, there is a notable lack of moonrock in your general vicinity, so.... ACROSS THE BRIDGE!

You head across the bridge to find an oddly colored room. Jagged designs dot the floor, and around a center, three rectangular platforms point toward a white protrusion from the east wall. A pipe - large enough to fit through - can be seen in the northwest corner of the room, and a sturdy door in the norther corner.

... As soon as you enter, a MOON CLEFT greets you.

: "AHAHAR! Finally, a new face! I've been tryin to find the other two of these triangle thingamabobs all day. Last night they right up and disappeared, and I can't light the other rooms without them!"

The Cleft wrinkles his monoeyesocket.

: "And on toppa THAT, someone keeps throwin magic spells through the Eye of Light! Ain't fair that I gotta dodge em all the time while I work!"

Bradley: Be morose.

Use Inspection on those glyphs and that hole that Oomph stuck a torch in. Maybe my new ability can tell me more? Also, pull out that torch, it clearly doesn't belong in there and I could use the light.

Zachary heads back into the puzzle room, pulling out the Wall Torch Oomph placed in the socketed stone on his way in. ... He walks over to the glyphs and, with newfound self-insight, closes his eyes and attempts to visualize their purpose and mechanics.

After concentrating for a bit, he feels dizzy, but he at least can tell by the magical makeup of the glyphs that they were designed to transport something to somewhere.

... He then walks over to the cat-eared stone and conducts a thorough examination.

Now that's helpful!

Swim to the pipe.

... Ochita, meanwhile, swims to the pipe with ease and finds himself in a room underground with an INCREDIBLY ANGRY SUN. Note: not an actual sun!

There's a door to the south, a pathway leading west and a pipe back up north.

Spoiler: Zachary (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dirk (CJ1145) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 01:39:19 pm by freeformschooler »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 74: Clefts Look Stupid
« Reply #1520 on: December 05, 2012, 08:58:53 pm »

Bradley decides to try going through the rune he's been casting spells at himself.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: December 05, 2012, 09:02:47 pm »

Bradley decides to try going through the rune he's been casting spells at himself.

... Bradley hits his head (torso?) on the wall while attempting to go through it.

This was in no way worth waiting for the next turn.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: December 05, 2012, 10:03:22 pm »

(Well, I know what the rune does because I've been paying attention to the other player's turns, but I'm at kind of a loss what to do myself.)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: December 05, 2012, 10:04:21 pm »

((...Keep experimenting? You can float down and up the pipe, test the door, head out into the hallway, search anything on the map that looks odd...

I do not discourage metagaming during puzzles.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: December 05, 2012, 10:06:44 pm »

(I'm just going to wait for Zako to ask me to do something. I'm not much of a puzzle solver... more of a hammer. :P)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: December 05, 2012, 10:25:07 pm »

((Well, you know the saying... When all you have is a hammer, everything starts looking a lot like a nail.))

"Interesting! Bradley, these glyphs appear to be teleporting glyphs! Where they lead is a mystery, but this must be important somehow! This catstone thing over here is also likely important, given that this place keeps refering to hyrule and these two pieces look like parts of the hyrulian tri-force. I think that if we find another part that fits here, it might interact with the glyphs somehow, or open a door or something, because it definately seems like a key. Maybe it's related to that plaque we read earlier?

Anyway, we need to find a triangle like object that looks like it fits in this thing. Maybe we can find something down that pipe, or through that door? Oh, and keep an eye out for a green key, we'll be needing it later I suspect! You go down that pipe, since if it's too high to climb up through for me you can just fly up, and I'll go through this door. Be careful of any traps!"

Lighting my way with my new torch, head through that door I found earlier!

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: December 05, 2012, 10:26:49 pm »

Lighting my way with my new torch, head through that door I found earlier!

((Which door? The door that wouldn't open in the flash that ochita went through, the door out of the puzzle room, the door in the hallway leading outside or the door in the hallway leading to the shop?

There's too many damn doors. Maybe the next one can be, like, a gate or something instead.))

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: December 05, 2012, 10:30:05 pm »

((Well, you know the saying... When all you have is a hammer, everything starts looking a lot like a nail.))
*Points out the first puzzle of the thread.*
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: December 05, 2012, 10:35:12 pm »

Joe: PIPE
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: December 05, 2012, 11:29:03 pm »

Bradley follows Zach's instructions and heads through the pipe.
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 122