Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220845 times)

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 54: Robot defeated...?
« Reply #1140 on: February 14, 2012, 08:47:41 pm »

"You know, somehow I think that that would be a bad idea! Don't go near it, and let's just move on, we need to find our ghost friend."

Stop Oomph from smashing it and push them after Joe.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: February 14, 2012, 08:54:58 pm »

Mmm, birdo eggs...

"Oomph respectfully disagree. Smashing for Zachrees sakes only.

Is clear, unsmashed threats to Zach can still threaten him as long as they remain unsmashed. So, Oomph smashes them. Once they are smashed, they are no longer threats to him. Therefour, Since everything is a threat to Zach, Oomph can smash everything and is invincible.

I use logic bomb on you. I smash now."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: February 15, 2012, 06:54:11 pm »

Giant cast image incoming! I've been putting it off for quite a while, but all player characters plus some others will be represented. This is for the OP, as the main logo doesn't have enough consistency.

The turn will be sometime soon. Dunno when, but it'll probably be after I've finished the image.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: February 16, 2012, 11:12:53 am »

Zachary just raises an eyebrow.

"Have you considered that the act of smashing causes the threat itself to manifest in the first place? I'm trying to prevent that. And you are far from invincible, trust me.

Also, that was a poor attempt of a logic bomb. Somewhat expected, but still, poor."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: February 16, 2012, 12:11:35 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Cast image progress!

I'm still trying to figure out who I should put on there. Definitely all the players, but what about NPCs? Koopa Troop? Bowser? Original the Character? Luigi? Mario? Kamek? WHO KNOWS!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: February 16, 2012, 12:16:03 pm »

Koopa Troop Red and Blue should go on, I think. And maybe Grimtoad as well.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: February 16, 2012, 12:39:52 pm »

Team green too, but seperately. Somehow.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: February 16, 2012, 12:41:01 pm »

I might do various backgrounds that meld into each other, like a Bowser-y background for the antagonists, and some other background for Team Green.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: February 16, 2012, 12:43:41 pm »

Oh ,and Grimtoad should totally invoke the Evil Overlooker effect.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: February 16, 2012, 05:22:07 pm »

Progress update! Now all that's left of the players to draw is Joe and Fuzz, who I'm probably going to draw with the counselor of dubious morals. Then I'll do Team Green and the antagonists in that order.

EDIT: Might also put Dirk on there just because.

EDIT2: Now with more Dirk!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 05:46:28 pm by freeformschooler »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: February 17, 2012, 04:48:03 am »

Maybe it's just me but I think Bradley is really cute there. All the humans look slightly downtrodden, the podoboo is confused, the troopas are clearly plotting something (especially Oomph, look at that smirk)... but the ghost just looks like he's been pleasantly surprised. :D
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: February 17, 2012, 06:58:16 am »

What can I say? I like to draw everyone except Bradley with srs faces.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 55: WHOOOO GOES THERE
« Reply #1152 on: February 18, 2012, 12:18:53 pm »

Turn 55

Time: Late night
Weather: Shadowy
Light: A little lighter
Soundtrack: Yoshi's Island - Castle & Fortress

Turn Actions

Bradley: Enter the writing room.

Bradley studied the wall for an entrance or handle. He didn't find any, but his intuition told him to push up on the side of the wall. Just as expected, it turned around like a revolving door and closed behind him.

He found himself in a dimly lit brown room. Unlike the rest of the Center, the walls were boarded up with wood, and stained black with a blood-smelling substance. The room was mostly empty, except for a rotting table in the center. Upon floating over to it, Bradley noticed a bunch of papers scattered on the table.

Ochita: Try to get some sort of armor out of the remains after Oomph smashes it.
Zachary: Stop Oomph from smashing.
Oomph: Keep smashing.

"Crushing not finished!"

Ochita and Oomph prepared to smash the armor, but Zach got in front of them.

"You know, somehow I think that would be a bad idea! Don't go near it, and let's just move on, we need to find our ghost friend."

"Oomph respectfully disagree. Smashing for Zachrees sakes only."  Oomph disregarded Zach's warning and started pounding on the armor. "Is clear, unsmashed threats to Zach can still threaten him as long as they remain unsmashed. So Oomph smashes them. Once they are smashed, they are no longer threats to him. Therefour, Since everything is a threat to Zach, Oomph can smash everything and is invincible."

"A... Ah... Wait. Let's take it apart, I want to at least try to get some of the armor." Ochita joined in with Oomph.

"I use logic bomb on you. I smash now." Oomph kept smashing, but Zach brought his palm to his face.

"Have you considered that the act of smashing causes the threat itself to manifest in the first place? I'm trying to prevent that. And you are far from invincible, trust me." Zach raised his eyebrow and noticed Joe heading off through the hole in the northern wall. "Also, that was a poor attempt at a logic bomb. Somewhat expected, but still poor."

Ochita and Oomph managed to pry the helmet off of the suit. Ochita picked it up and the skeleton fell out. Yeesh. The helmet itself was still incredibly heavy for its size, and didn't appear to grant any magic properties.

Joe: ONWARD

Joe headed north past the hole in the wall and ended up in a circular room. There was another door further north, but two grey Shy Guys were guarding it. They radiated with a purple-black aura.

The one on the left from Joe's point of view spoke up.

"WHOOOOOOOO INTERFERES WITH MASTER XENOS' PLANS?"

Player List

Spoiler: Oomph (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zachary Jones (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 11:19:27 am by freeformschooler »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 55: WHOOOO GOES THERE
« Reply #1153 on: February 18, 2012, 02:46:48 pm »

Bradley would have crapped his pants, had he pants and a digestive system. As it was, he was merely quite scared of the ominous writing on the table, but he studied it anyway. "So... stars normally grant you invincibility, but when exposed to the darkness, they become a dark star and can morph people?" Bradley tilted to one side slightly with a frown. "Stop production? So was the darkness manufactured, or did it mean to stop chucking stars into it? I don't get any of it, but I think this is important. I wish Zach were here, he'd probably understand it..."

The Boo sighed and stared at the papers some more. "5 days... Is that what a being looks like after 5 days in the darkness? 5 days after absorbing a dark star? Oh, man... what about the stars we need to find? I hope they haven't been dragged into the darkness..." His form wavered slightly, as if shivering. "So... you can put a star into a crystal receptacle, and that can power that freaky armor that tried to kill Ochita." Bradley looked down. "...Should've stayed back there to help. I hope he's OK." He sighed.

"I wish whoever was painting on the table hadn't drew over that picture in the top right," he groused to himself. It looked like a human falling into a void and emerging as a Chomp? He wasn't sure. He didn't think that was right, though. Humans weren't Chomps. And as for the picture on the far right, he had no clue what it was. "...I'd better get Zachary. He'd figure this out, I'm certain of it."

Bradley, who isn't stuttering because he's not talking to anyone but himself, leaves the room to find Zachary and bring him back here to study the drawings on the table. Once he has him there, he'll take a further look around the room himself.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 55: WHOOOO GOES THERE
« Reply #1154 on: February 18, 2012, 08:46:20 pm »

Joe: AUGH SHIT MORE OF THOSE GUYS RUN RUN RUN
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 122