Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220853 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 52: Bloopers defeated, scary suits
« Reply #1110 on: February 03, 2012, 06:32:28 pm »

Investigate that suit.. Maybe I can use it as armor?

Ochita breathed a happy sigh "Ah.. Its good to be back where color, and real feeling exists. Ah, Bradley. I remember you. I see that we lost a couple of the originals.."

Ochita sighed deeply while he got over to the other side of the water, and climbed up.

"New guy. I was in a place called the neverwas.. With Taric. The last I saw of him, he was alive.. A place devoid of light, of feeling, of color. All was black or white. I encountered a toad, fallen though a gap, which was being harassed by shapes, with their own language. Beating them off, it told me with its dieing words ' There. Is. No. Escape. However, if you do escape, and if that 'bitch' hasn't killed grimtoad yet, tell him that cassie loves him. And, tell peach that she can finish the job without him.' And then she died..."

Ochita sighed deeply, again. "And then I was pulled though, by the.. thing that we are now following. And that is all that I can tell."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:23:56 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: February 03, 2012, 08:22:46 pm »

"New guy. I was in a place called the neverwas.. With Taric. The last I saw of him, he was alive.. A place devoid of light, of feeling, of color. All was black or white. I encountered a toad, fallen though a gap, which was being harassed by shapes, with their own language. Beating them off, it told me with its dieing words ' There. Is. No. Escape. However, if you do escape, and if that 'bitch' hasn't killed grimtoad yet, tell him that cassie loves him. And, tell peach that she can finish the job without him.' And then he died..."

Wow, I had actually forgotten about that last part. It's funny because now you're back prematurely. A+ roleplaying man.

(Also the Toad was female but it's not like you could tell from the piss-poor drawings back then. Or like your character could tell from the black or white.)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: February 03, 2012, 08:30:39 pm »

Well, those drawings were pretty good. I mean, how many RTD's can boast that they have artwork and flashes for stuff?

Also, thanks. Its worth quite a bit, coming from you.

(Also wow looking back on things oh god so many things that are worth loads. I think I could start to get an idea of what might be going on.. but I'm not going to say my findings. Still, this story is extremely interesting..)
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: February 03, 2012, 08:35:04 pm »

(Also wow looking back on things oh god so many things that are worth loads. I think I could start to get an idea of what might be going on.. but I'm not going to say my findings. Still, this story is extremely interesting..)

(If you're actually interested in the story, you can ignore most of the stuff from the suggestion game and just read the exposition here to get an idea of what the Capital Letter Words used actually mean. It doesn't all make sense yet but it will eventually.)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 08:42:21 pm by freeformschooler »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: February 03, 2012, 08:42:17 pm »

(Read though that, thought it was extremely cool. Trawled though thread, as I sometimes do. Discover things. Mind is blown. So yeah. Stories extremely interesting, as I put.)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: February 03, 2012, 11:10:54 pm »

Swallowing his fear, Bradley investigated the armor further, trying to ignore the body inside. "M-maybe you c-c-could wear it,"  he said, before turning to Ochita. He was smiling, although it was hidden by the mask. "G-good t-t-to see you again. I thought we l-lost you," he said.

Help Ochita with the armor, if necessary. If not, follow Oomph since he's probably going to run ahead. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: February 03, 2012, 11:16:29 pm »

"Ahhaowww, my eyes... Damn ink..."

Use the water to wash out the ink and bathe my wounds. Take a rest and have a breather.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: February 03, 2012, 11:40:07 pm »

Joe: Loiter.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: February 04, 2012, 05:03:50 am »

"Oomph do arts and crafts!"

Action: Oomph snags the corpses and tie together a  'Blooper Whip' from the tentacles!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: February 09, 2012, 09:08:12 pm »

I wanted to do a flash for this turn but it looks like that would be overkill. Guess it'll just be a bunch of images then.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 53: COMPLY OR BE TERMINATED
« Reply #1120 on: February 12, 2012, 12:21:33 pm »

Turn 53

Time: ~Midnight~
Weather: Shadowy
Light: Pitch Black
Soundtrack: Shadow Temple - Legend of Zelda: OoT

Turn Actions

Oomph: Combine tentacles.

"Oomph do arts and crafts!"

Oomph did a cannonball into the water, splashing everyone with a nasty combination of dihydrogen monoxide and blood. He dived under to find two tentacles seperated from one of the Blooper's bodies. Coming back up, he had a brilliant idea: combine them! Make an inky Blooper whip! Incredible!

He tied them together, knotted them in the middle, wound one around the other and more. Unfortunately, the longer he worked on the whip the less it looked like a weapon. He decided to keep the whip around, but it would probably just have to be vendor trash.

Zach: Use the water to wash out the ink and bathe your wounds. Take a rest and have a breather.
Joe: Loiter.

"Ahhaowww, my eyes... Damn ink..."

Zach sat his torch on the floor and hopped into the water. It was ice-cold for some reason. He pulled up a couple handfuls of liquid, washed his eyes out and repeated for a few minutes. When he was done, he could see properly again.

The icy water was too cold to rest in. He hopped back out, grabbed his torch and leaned against the cold wall for a few minutes. Joe walked up and joined him. The rest was just what he needed, and after dozing off for a little bit, he felt much better.

He didn't sleep long, though. He awoke to Joe nudging him to get up. Dang soldiers, won't let a guy nap on the job.

Ochita: Investigate that suit. Maybe you could use it as armor?
Bradley: Help Ochita with the armor, if necessary.

Ochita breathed a happy sigh and climbed out of the water. He had a few moments to take in his surroundings: color, feeling, friends. The Mushroom Kingdom was such a sharp contrast to the Neverwas that he was almost having a hard time knowing if one was real and the other was a dream or not.

"G-good t-t-to see you again. I thought we l-lost you," Bradley floated up in front of hi, wearing a Shyguy's mask. Through the darkened holes in the mask, Ochita could see his blue eyes peeking out. They both smiled, and Ochita patted Bradley on his... head? Yeah.

"Ah... Its good to be back where color and real feeling exist," Ochita bent down to his knee on the white suit, examining it closely. "Ah, Bradley. I remember you. I see that we lost a couple of the originals..."

He went on the explain to Bradley and the rest of the group what all happened to him in the Neverwas. The story would have been shocking if there hadn't been so many shocks already. Nevertheless, they believed him.

Ochita put his hand on the armor. A wave of terror rushed over him for some reason, and his heart skipped a beat. He felt like something was following him... watching and laughing. Something sinister.

Shaking it off, he realized the suit was clearly too heavy to carry around in his arms. He tried to pick it up by the helmet, but it was probably over eighty pounds. Nonetheless, he was one of the Mushroom Kingdom's top ranking soldiers, so managed to bring it to its white-clad feet. Bradley offered to help, but he didn't need it. Now if he could only figure out how to get the skeleton out.

The hallway went dark.

Not natural dark, either. Pitch dark. The only light came from Zach's flickering torch on the other side of room. Ochita could barely see, but he felt a cold, metallic grip on his throat. He tried to yell, but no sound came out. A voice like thunder boomed forth from where the upright suit was standing before the hallway lost its light.

"INTRUDER! INTRUDER! ENGAGING PUNISHMENT PROTOCOL! YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE KING'S JURISDICTION! DO YOU COMPLY?"

An incredibly strong blue light ebbed and flowed in front of Ochita's face. He caught a glimpse of what was threatening him: the suit had a vicegrip on him and was pointing at him with its other arm, which was glowing. He could not longer see inside the helmet.

"DO YOU COMPLY!? COMPLY OR BE TERMINATED!" The white-suited being shook him vigorously. He had no idea what to do.

Player List

Spoiler: Oomph (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zachary Jones (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 06:49:06 pm by freeformschooler »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 53: COMPLY OR BE TERMINATED
« Reply #1121 on: February 12, 2012, 03:50:11 pm »

Oh god I always choose bad things to do.

"Aaah... I am working under the king himself! I am one of his top soldiers, so I am under his juridistion! Now under the name of the king, let go of me!"

Try to convince the being inside the suit that I am part of the same military group as it, and ask it to let me go. If those dont work... do my best to tear my self away.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: February 12, 2012, 06:13:38 pm »

Yeah, I was gonna say. You're my favorite player because you're the least predictable. Keep making crazy choices, please, it makes for the best story :P

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: February 12, 2012, 06:26:58 pm »

And now I realise that I didn't go far enough into the past to warn Ochita.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: February 12, 2012, 06:32:16 pm »

Yeah, I was gonna say. You're my favorite player because you're the least predictable. Keep making crazy choices, please, it makes for the best story :P
Aheh.

Well. It makes for an interesting game.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 122