Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 122

Author Topic: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: So long, a-bowser!  (Read 220843 times)

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 53: COMPLY OR BE TERMINATED
« Reply #1125 on: February 12, 2012, 06:47:05 pm »

Hmm... I think I'm going to start adding soundtrack to the turn headers to make them less monotonous. Here, the Shadow Temple is perfect for this turn.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: February 13, 2012, 01:51:57 pm »

Joe: Flip your shit again. WHAT IS UP WITH ALL THIS WEIRD SHIT WHY CAN'T YOU JUST KILL SQUIDS GOD DAMN IT
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: February 13, 2012, 02:06:33 pm »

Perhaps the

WEIRD SHIT

is not spaced out quite enough. Oh well. Won't be this scary for much longer. Dwarmin/Serious/Zako are usually the first to post, wonder what's got them  :-\

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: February 13, 2012, 02:37:37 pm »

Can't tell you. Trade secret.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: February 13, 2012, 02:41:41 pm »

OOC: @ FFS/It seemed like something Ochita was handling himself, I was a bit at odds of what to do rather than punch everything, especially since he was attempting diplomacy. But, if you insist. :P

"Let go of friend Ochita, Boxhead!

I'll comply you right in your face!"

Ochita ran toward the light with club in optimal face smashing position.

Action: Club the White suit in the face analogue!
Edit: Unless a peaceable solution is reached. :I
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:51:47 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: February 13, 2012, 02:47:48 pm »

Yeah, if you'd like you can opt out of submitting an action and just have your character watch like Theros is. Just post to say that's what you're doing because otherwise I feel like I'm leaving people out.

This is something I've experimented heavily with lately: writing very heavy dramatic scenes. I think I've discovered that it's something I'd like to keep to a minimum from here on out, especially in this game. This isn't Final Fantasy XIII with Mario, this is a Mario RTD. And while my creative license due to a different settings does allow me to do stuff like this it's not as fun as silly shenanigans.

In fact, it's something I'd love to discuss on #Bay12RTD sometime as I'm currently at odds with the narrative balance here.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: February 13, 2012, 08:42:08 pm »

Sorry, been distracted by my shiney new steam games. Tomb Raider: Anniversary is FANTASTIC, and I also got some other cool games like Gemini Rue.

Quickly try to redirect the glowing part of the arm into the roof or floor, away from other people!

I hate having to go against these things, because as far as I know, these things are BADASS and also IMMENSELY POWERFUL WEAPONS OF WAR. How it's even still working with a dead guy in it is a mystery.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: February 13, 2012, 08:43:00 pm »

Are you sure he's dead?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: February 13, 2012, 08:45:15 pm »

A skeleton implies being dead, so yeah I'm pretty sure. If he was alive, he would have reacted when he saw us enter the room.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: February 13, 2012, 08:47:21 pm »

Yet another thing you'll figure out eventually through a flash!

SPEAKING OF WHICH you haven't even been present for one! God I can't wait to do another flash :P

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 54: Robot defeated...?
« Reply #1135 on: February 14, 2012, 03:08:10 pm »

Turn 54

Time: After midnight
Weather: Shadowy
Light: A little lighter
Soundtrack: Shadow Temple - Legend of Zelda: OoT

Turn Actions

Bradley: RUN AWAY.

Bradley flew away in a random direction, screaming into the night. In a minute, light started shining through the Center's sparse windows once again, and he realized he was completely and utterly lost.

He took a gander at his surroundings. He was in a small, musty-smelling, dirt-brown room with red banner hanging from the ceiling promoting "the glory of the Mushroom Kingdom". There was an opening in the eastern dirt wall that lead outside. It looked as though the wall was forced apart. On the opposite side of the room, an iron door stood open, presumably leading back to his friends.

Bradley squinted at the northern wall. There was something not right about it. He floated closer, and noticed some very small white text on it:

"Secret writing room
No bullies or Children allowed
xoxo Peach"

Ochita: Attempt diplomacy!
Zachary: Point hand-cannon away from Ochita!
Oomph: Protect friend person!

Ochita kicked his legs around in a vain effort to break free. That wasn't going to work, so he spoke up. The glow of the suited being's arm grew stronger by the second.

"Aaah... I am working under the king himself!" He pulled on the arm of the suit, but if there was a Human controlling it, they were the strongest Human he had ever met. "I am one of his top soldiers, so I am under his juridistion! Now under the name of the king, let go of me!"

To Ochita's surprise, the white-suited person let go, but its glowing arm was still pointed directly at his face. Despite the change in intentions, Zach dashed towards the suit like a blur and tried to redirect its apparent hand-cannon away from Ochita. He succeeded, but the being grabbed hold of his own neck and pointed its weapon at his face!

"Let go of friend Ochita, Boxhead!"

Before the being got a chance to voice the same threat to Zach, Oomph came crashing down with his Koopaball Club. The suit was knocked off of Zach and slid several feet across the floor. Its hand-cannon went off, spraying the ceiling with a blast of blue energy. Thankfully, none of the remaining four team members were caught in the blast.

Light shone through cracks in the hallway's wall once again, allowing everyone to see the results of their actions. The white suit was crumpled on the floor before Zach, Oomph and Ochita, looking lifeless as it had been before the darkness set in.

Joe: Flip out.

Joe was too tired of flipping out to flip out properly, so he just did a little jig and sighed.

Player List

Spoiler: Oomph (Dwarmin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zachary Jones (Zako) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Joe (TherosPherae) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ochita (Ochita) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:38:01 pm by freeformschooler »

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Mushroom Kingdom Wars RTD: Turn 54: Robot defeated...?
« Reply #1136 on: February 14, 2012, 03:12:00 pm »

"Crushing not finished!"

Action: Smash the robot into dust!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: February 14, 2012, 03:16:18 pm »

Bradley went 'huh' to himself. This could be interesting, indeed. Maybe he would find another book like the one he had?

Bradley enters the secret writing room to learn all the secrets.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: February 14, 2012, 04:04:22 pm »

"A.. Ah.. Wait. Lets take it apart, I want to at least try to get some of the armor."

Try to get some sort of armor out of the remains, after Oomph smashes it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 07:36:32 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: February 14, 2012, 06:48:06 pm »

Joe: ONWARD
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 122