Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1299828 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #1860 on: July 17, 2011, 04:11:34 am »

what's it's target though?

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: July 17, 2011, 04:19:19 am »

How the hell do I survive? I got attacked by about 60 zombies, 10 giant ants including giant ant larvae and about 8 triffids.

If you make loud noises you attract attention. Like firing guns.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: July 17, 2011, 04:25:45 am »

How the hell do I survive? I got attacked by about 60 zombies, 10 giant ants including giant ant larvae and about 8 triffids.

If you make loud noises you attract attention. Like firing guns.
Ooohh... So running around with a chainsaw running while shooting an assault rifle wasn't a good idea after all...

Also, it would appear as if speech is bugged. I had someone say "?Ro? y*this was completly blank* weapo !". When I attacked the person, they didn't even move. They just stood there and died.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

somebody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: July 17, 2011, 04:29:33 am »

Wherever the courser is on the map when you press enter after you choose the option to fire the missile.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: July 17, 2011, 04:32:11 am »

i just pressed 2 for fire missile and it flooded the room with gas.

somebody

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: July 17, 2011, 04:38:39 am »

You probably don't have a high enough computer skill to program a destination for the missile.

Did you get a target acquisition fail message after you fired it?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 04:44:56 am by somebody »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: July 17, 2011, 04:49:26 am »

yeah

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: July 17, 2011, 05:31:32 am »

There's probably some chance of it just failing, somebody -- it's certainly not comp skill, unless there's a potential for rollover. One of my cheatmonkey fellows with a comp score of around 25 still caused nuke-gas to flood the room, if I'm remembering the situation correctly. At the very least it had a comp skill in the teens, alongside a 20 point int.

Would have to do some testing or code dive to isolate what's actually going on, really. Anyone got the code-moxy to do that without semi-significant time/effort investiture? If not, I'll hunt it up, after a nap.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: July 17, 2011, 05:34:54 am »

I'm browsing/editing personal files to make bionics spawn rarely in stores. I'll see if I can't track down the nuke gas portion of the code.

Edit: It seems as though the gas is ALWAYS there after launch, at least according to what I can make out of this. I'm guessing the nukes fly with radioactive propulsion.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TL:DR Don't smash the glass.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 06:17:56 am by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: July 17, 2011, 06:22:45 am »

Is it possible to empty the contents of a liquid container on the floor? I want to make a gasoline trap.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: July 17, 2011, 06:26:50 am »

w then item letter. The shift + u where you want to dump it.

Edit: Oh wow, you can do that with food items to take them out of their containers.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: July 17, 2011, 06:27:47 am »

Am I supposed to get messages that say "DEBUG. HEALTH 0" and stuff like that?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: July 17, 2011, 07:27:44 am »

Seems like an awesome game. I'll give it a try

EDIT: ehh, I downloaded the game I guess. But I have a folder with a lot of C-files and CPP-files, whatever than may mean. I guess I did something wrong?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 07:30:53 am by Dutchling »

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: July 17, 2011, 07:40:33 am »

Seems like an awesome game. I'll give it a try

EDIT: ehh, I downloaded the game I guess. But I have a folder with a lot of C-files and CPP-files, whatever than may mean. I guess I did something wrong?
Yeah, you downloaded the source. Windows I presume?
https://github.com/downloads/headswe/Cataclysm/Cataclysm_win_SDL_1.3.7.zip is the latest, unpack and play.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: July 17, 2011, 07:45:12 am »

I just downloaded the all the files on the OP but that didn't work  ::). Now it works though thx.
EDIT: how do I put stuff in the fridge? I got this paper wrapper of meat sandwich, but I need to get a flashlight and I assume it's better to put foodstuffs in the fridge.
Also: Can I train the dog? And will he help me in fights? And does he need food or drink?
I really like the small map and the large UI, but is there a full screen option?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 08:12:04 am by Dutchling »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 777