Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1298318 times)

Detonate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #1035 on: July 04, 2011, 09:38:14 pm »

Is it normal to kill over 100 zombies of various types with just a screwdriver, then to only die from the cold? The Spetznaz Knife Techniques book is a blessing.
Looks like that poison wasn`t good for their eyes at all.
I never thought I'd say this, but Nietzsche is just adorable.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: July 04, 2011, 09:39:38 pm »

So I'm following x2yzh9's guide to run it on virtual box and I'm stuck on the part where I type in cd /home/<user name here>/Downloads/Whales
It just tells me there is no such file or directory..  What can I be doing wrong here?

EDIT: It works! But it is very slow.  Do I have to repeat these steps each time I play?

EDIT2: Oh and thank you for that tip quinn! 

Alright, Here's my guide
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:03:37 pm by Tnx »

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 04, 2011, 09:57:28 pm »

@Tnx: Are you actually typing the <user name here> part?
Your username is viewable right at the command prompt, it should look something like this:
<username>@<computername>-<directory/location>$ <where you type your commands>

EDIT: Just type "~/Downloads/Whales" instead. That ~ will be replaced with your home directory automatically.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 04, 2011, 09:59:50 pm »

Pff haha. I accidentally activated the mininuke that I had found and ended up blowing all those CBMs I'd collected up. So much for that character.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 04, 2011, 10:13:40 pm »

My god, the spear is still freaking beastly. The only time I ever get in stuck in the enemy is when I have negative skill, and when combined with an MP3 player + constant pot high, I level like a madman. And the spear levels EVERY skill - blunt, cut, and pierce! Awesome.

Currently average 130 damage a hit, and the speed is a cool 78.

Anyone know a faster weapon?

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 04, 2011, 10:54:22 pm »

My god, the spear is still freaking beastly. The only time I ever get in stuck in the enemy is when I have negative skill, and when combined with an MP3 player + constant pot high, I level like a madman. And the spear levels EVERY skill - blunt, cut, and pierce! Awesome.

Currently average 130 damage a hit, and the speed is a cool 78.

Anyone know a faster weapon?

adamantite claws. 58 or something. also levels every skill. and average damage is around 90 at 5 raw
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:09:12 pm by fred1248 »
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: July 04, 2011, 11:31:35 pm »

Okay, so clearly the game needs some rebalancing!  Especially as those who once found the game too hard get used to it and find it too easy.  I'm going to take a break from new features for a little while, and work on streamlining the melee code (to start), and nerfing it a little as I go--especially at high levels of skills.  I'm also making the skill curve steeper; the higher your skill, the slower it'll increase, so the super-high levels will be harder to obtain.

In the meantime, nails will spawn more often, and there's now a "home hardware" item group, including nails.  I'll add in duct tape soon, with some crafts to go with it.

I'll also try to fix that unloading items bug, thanks to everyone who's investigated and shared their backtraces, it's really a big help.

I encourage you guys to email me--this thread's a little hard to keep up with, sometimes ;)  I try to be prompt when returning emails, and it's a good way to index stuff.

Also, I'm a little hesitant to suggest this, but you can also open issues on my github repo (see my sig for the link).  That'll index things and leave them in a public place so I don't get 500 emails of "I start inside a wall sometimes!"

As always, thanks for playing and for helping me develop the game!
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 04, 2011, 11:38:26 pm »

Also, I'm a little hesitant to suggest this, but you can also open issues on my github repo (see my sig for the link).  That'll index things and leave them in a public place so I don't get 500 emails of "I start inside a wall sometimes!"
Nah, don't worry, we won't abuse it. We're nice. Usually.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: July 05, 2011, 12:23:52 am »

Unlike those Facepunch folks. Read the thread today and noticed how they suggested that you look up a couple...things. :-/
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 05, 2011, 12:32:58 am »

Unlike those Facepunch folks. Read the thread today and noticed how they suggested that you look up a couple...things. :-/
>going to Facepunch
I hope you guys don't do this.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 05, 2011, 12:37:11 am »

Most of the people on Facepunch are idiots, so don't ever go there again. Stay at Bay12, its better here.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Whales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 05, 2011, 12:39:34 am »

Yeah, facepunch was a bust.  Not a goldmine like Bay12!
Cataclysm Source Code:  https://github.com/Whales/Cataclysm
Official Cataclysm Forums:  http://whalesdev.com/forums/index.php
My Twitter - mostly Cataclysm related:  http://twitter.com/#!/whalesdev

Join me in #cataclysmrl on irc.quakenet.org!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: July 05, 2011, 12:41:02 am »

I haven't read anything on Facepunch in about five or six years now, but even back then they struck me as irrationally aggressive.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: July 05, 2011, 12:47:10 am »

I haven't read anything on Facepunch in about five or six years now, but even back then they struck me as irrationally aggressive.
Just like their "god", then.

But anyway, let's not make this a Facepunch thread. Even now they've gotten more attention than they deserve.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 05, 2011, 12:49:07 am »

A site that (from a literal view) is named after punching of faces would indeed tend to be irrationally aggressive.  :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 777