Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 777

Author Topic: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike  (Read 1298264 times)

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cataclysm: A Zombie-Survival Roguelike
« Reply #1020 on: July 04, 2011, 07:03:23 pm »

OH crud. Well, what would be the easiest alternative to run this thing on my large monitor?  From catching up on the pages (I haven't had internet for 5 days), it looks like people are using virtual box and some linux compiler thing.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 04, 2011, 07:24:59 pm »

OH crud. Well, what would be the easiest alternative to run this thing on my large monitor?  From catching up on the pages (I haven't had internet for 5 days), it looks like people are using virtual box and some linux compiler thing.

I'l try to remember finding out if this can be set somehow.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 04, 2011, 07:31:18 pm »

Hah, I figured it out! Well, part of it.

6 field for the item in the save file is supposed to be the ammo type - for most items, the ammo type is '0'! Only weapons have the ammo type saved!

It's actually a problem with the save function, NOT loading.

Update:
I think its a problem with line 156+215 of item.cpp

Final Update:
Okay, lost my character messing around with this stuff, but the issue seems to be that the data is dumped from the item file, and the item file does not have access to the item_types default lists - when unloading a info normally, it uses that list to figure out the ammo type, unless it is a weapon in which case it is saved in "curammo". When saving the item info, however, you are inside the item class, which doesn't have access to the game-level instantiation of "itemtypes", which it needs to figure out what type of ammo these items have.
Instead, it simply says "It's not a gun, so it doesn't have ammo" and save that to file.

Actually, may have understood how this worked, I've now got now idea what causes this
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 09:20:08 pm by GlyphGryph »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 04, 2011, 08:07:40 pm »

Spoiler: Oh wow! (click to show/hide)
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 04, 2011, 08:32:24 pm »

Why in the world is that on the surface? I mean, I know, zombie apocalypse and all, but I didn't think things were that bad.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: July 04, 2011, 08:52:33 pm »

Well...

Spoiler: Considering... (click to show/hide)

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 04, 2011, 08:57:35 pm »

Why in the world is that on the surface? I mean, I know, zombie apocalypse and all, but I didn't think things were that bad.
Between the Half Life references and the terror and hell on surface, caused by zombies, gigantic mutated bugs and the headsploding survivors, I think nothing of some benign cracks. "That bad"? That's nothing.

This game srsly needs a Hardcore mode.

EDIT: And ninja'd because I'm a slow writer. Oh well, we had the same message anyway.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 04, 2011, 08:59:26 pm »

What would that entail? The game is as Hardcore now as I could ever expect it to be.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 04, 2011, 08:59:34 pm »

Oh you mean the game as it is right now?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 04, 2011, 09:05:59 pm »

I wouldn't mind a hardcore mode. Increased zombie spawns, morale is easily lowered and hard to keep up. Lower health, even.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 04, 2011, 09:07:36 pm »

I wouldn't mind a hardcore mode. Increased zombie spawns, morale is easily lowered and hard to keep up. Lower health, even.
You mean the actual game right?
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 04, 2011, 09:09:02 pm »

The game isn't that hard honestly. So I don't see what you're harping on about Bdthemag. Though to me it feels like it's only because content is fundamentally missing.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 04, 2011, 09:11:54 pm »

I mean much more Hardcore.

So hardcore that every second you're afraid for your life. Barricading and turtling inside a house does nothing, they'll tear that shit down. So hardcore that when you [SPOILER] that [SPOILER] deep in the Labs, it's a fucking apocalypse on the surface. Portals everywhere, spewing forth monstrocities from your deepest nightmare. This is the mode you can't survive, and only the luckiest would be able to survive more than a day if they open the portals.

Every second and every action you do can result in your death, as you need to think every step to survive another day. Diseases will probably kill you if untreated and mutations WILL turn you into a being, usually found in a novel by Lovecraft.

That much fucking Hardcore.

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 04, 2011, 09:13:13 pm »

So hardcore that every second you're afraid for your life. Barricading and turtling inside a house does nothing, they'll tear that shit down. So hardcore that when you [SPOILER] that [SPOILER] deep in the Labs, it's a fucking apocalypse on the surface. Portals everywhere, spewing forth monstrocities from your deepest nightmare. This is the mode you can't survive, and only the luckiest would be able to survive more than a day if they open the portals.

Every second and every action you do can result in your death, as you need to think every step to survive another day. Diseases will probably kill you if untreated and mutations WILL turn you into a being, usually found in a novel by Lovecraft.
*facepalms*
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.

Hiiri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 04, 2011, 09:32:02 pm »

Yeah and add fake 5 minute loading screens just to make it more fun.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 777