Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: The First Corrosion Community Adventure!  (Read 16070 times)

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
Re: The First Corrosion Community Adventure!
« Reply #45 on: June 27, 2011, 07:21:28 pm »

What derail?
minecraft link sumthing if my memory is correct
Yeah. Someone posted a link to minecraft.

ANYWAYS, BACK ON TOPIC PEOPLES.

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 27, 2011, 10:00:01 pm »

how far away are the Western Cities?

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2011, 12:33:49 am »

how far away are the Western Cities?

About a half a day, we should be able to get there around dusk, maybe right after nightfall.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2011, 10:07:09 am »

Take B, kill all the dust devils, find an SMG or something, and attack a dark fortress. <_<
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2011, 11:00:08 am »

No dark fortresses or SMGs.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2011, 12:41:19 pm »

then find a DB shotgun, and go KILL, my bastard son of DF and ninja gaiden. (ninja gaiden being OMBWTFLOLMYEYESIPISSBLOOD hard. now with better jiggle physics! (actually they look creepy, but it says so on the box   :P ))

Kepplerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 28, 2011, 08:11:58 pm »

I'd go with B.
Having a sudden increase of additional units in the area can take your FPS down like a paraplegic on an ice covered hill.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2011, 11:39:11 am »

Chapter IV
The Journey West

Urist looked back at the castle. How long until they notice it is gone? Again, he reached down and attempted to light his cigar, but his palms were to sweaty and shaky the match broke in his frightened fingers. He looked to the northern mountains. What should he do? His mind flew. He shouldn't have killed them. Oh Armok why did he kill them. How ironic, asking the god of blood why he killed them.

A strange cloud blanketed Urist. Something in him has changed. The face of that poor cowering Lord as he delivered the fell swoop is now ingrained in his mind. He's not a murderer. No, he's not a murderer. They attacked first.

As Urist walked, day turned into night. What was supposed to be a six hour travel was taking twelve, he had to go around the mountains, it was much faster then going through. Silently, rain fell from the sky, for a moment Urist dared stopping, but surely the hamlet would be much warmer then the wet grass. He could already see the smoke from the nearest hamlet.

Hours later he entered, the man standing there had a pale bony complexion. His eyes seemed to dart by the menacing looking fork by his side. If it wasn't for the broom in his hands he may have done that.

His eyes glared, poking holes in the walls "Welcome to Eagle's Wings Tavern."

A tavern! Luck was surely smiling on him! "How much for a room."

The man glared more, which didn't seem physically possible "It's in the middle of the afternoon."

"I've traveled far, I had to go around the mountains to get here."

"Oh!" His eyes opened slightly "That kind of traveler. Please, make yourself at home." He looked back down at the floor and continued sweeping.

Urist went over to a small rolled up mat "What kind of traveler?" Urist asked setting down his bag

The man looked up, not glaring, but rather a thin smile creeped up his rickety face "The only kind that would be up here." His voice seemed to hiss "Let's just say nobody crosses the mountains for a stroll." He went back to sweeping, as Urist laid back trying to get some shut-eye "By the way" the man muttered "I'd sleep on that bag if I was you, and for the sake of Armok if you have to make up a job, don't say merchant."

Urist didn't say anything, heck he wasn't even paying attention, he rolled over and silently went to sleep. It wasn't an easy sleep, the rain turned to thunder and the thunder turned to roaring winds. It seemed that Urist's turmoil within himself has manifested outside.

Finally dawn came. Urist awoke, and looked around. The inn was no longer a deserted hole, instead there was a half a dozen people inside, most of them sleeping, but a few lied awake. In the corner, a group of people were talking about something. As Urist grabbed his bag, he watched as one poor chap was made three gold poorer.

"Where's the innkeep?" Urist said picking out a few nickels for payment

Everyone who was awake looked at him, then looked to a big burly man with a cane knife hefted over his shoulder. He shrugged "Dead in a ditch."

Urist clenched his money "Oh."

The man stepped forward "Say... Have I seen you before?" Urist took one nervous look at his nickels "Yeah, you were on that poster!" He let loose a fell roar and drew his blade "Quite a pretty penny for your head."

Recoiling, Urist threw the coins, they bounced off the man harmlessly. However, everyone else jumped on him, the man disappeared behind a riot of beggers and thieves. And Urist disappeared behind the wooden door.

-----

Truth be told the Desert Devil place was dullsville. Didn't get ambushed once on my way in or out. No one gave me any quests or anything. I'll keep heading west, there's an enlightened civ and two zombie civs about two days travel to the west. I scouted it out a little bit, got ambushed a lot by both humans and animals, should be Fun.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:00:35 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 29, 2011, 08:09:22 pm »

Zombie civs! Holy Armok!

By far, find a gun and go there.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 29, 2011, 09:43:33 pm »

Chapter V
Goodnight Urist!

"It ain't home..." Urist muttered as he entered the cave "But it will do."

Tired and weary, Urist laid down on the stone floor. It's the first time he laid down since he left the Desert Devil's hideout. He walked inside the cave, it was surprisingly narrow, but he managed to squeeze through if he turned sideways. Once he reached the end he saw a hole of some sort. Better go down it, be farther from the entrance.

He came down into a wider section of the cave. Jackpot! He can make a fire now! Laying down a few corpses that he had gathered along the way he readied his cleaver that he nabbed off of a villager. This was the life, living the dream, isolated away from everybody. Relying on nobody. Then he noticed the cave continued to go deeper. Shrugging his shoulders he deposited his bag and walked down the steep incline.

He entered an even bigger section of the cave. As he walked by he heard a small crunch. Looking down he saw a small crushed bone, probably from a cat, but it could have been just one of those large rats he's heard about.

Shrugging his shoulders he took two more confident steps before the wind shuttered over his hair.

Urist jumped what was that? He whirled around, and turned again. Then it hit him, something killed that cat. Whatever it was, it swooped downwards again. Urist stood still, breathing heavily as sweat wet his brow like a sponge on a stone table.

"Ya' know what?" Urist said to himself as he took two steps back. "I'm going to sleep outside." With that he ran, grabbing his backpack and the corpses on his way out.

-----

Urist sat in the hole, he used some turkey skin to make a makeshift cover. Silently he sat there threading the needle. He was never good at sewing. Even though he did it frequently in his childhood. His old worn out waterskin wouldn't hold enough water for the two more days he had to travel. Finally as the thread decided to go into the bone needle. He began using some groundhog skin

Not bad, he thought as he pulled out a cigar. He hadn't had one since he left home. But now, things were finally looking up.

Perhaps the poorly ventilated hole wasn't the best place to light the cigar. Smoke erupted and quickly filled the small den. Urist didn't mind though, and slowly went to sleep as the sun went down.

-----

Urist never liked forests, to many places to hide. To many unseen enemies behind every tree and over every hill. It was always the trees. As he continued on his unmarked path he heard a distant snap. He stopped, frozen cold as his mind raced at what possibilities he could be facing. Cougar? Lion? Enraged Badger? Or Armok forbid, Wolves?

Finally after a short silence , a single swordsman in the unmistakeable Desert mask emerged from the underbrush.

Urist stood in shock as his hand went for his crossbow.

"I wouldn't do that..." Came a raspy feminine voice

Urist snapped around, seeing a pistol pointed at him.

Ducking behind the tree, he heard a shot crash against the branch.

Luck seemed to smile upon Urist a lot though, the swordsman charged towards him, but tripped over some tangled roots of a nearby willow tree. Gathering all his might, Urist ran back, and delivered one fatal shot to the head.

Grabbing the mans machete he darted off again, as another bullet blew a treetrunk apart. Sending splinters into the air. Fear replaced any courage he once had. A crossbow against a gun was like showing up to a racetrack with a scooter. Another bullet shot past him, his heart jumped, this man was getting better.

As he jumped over a hill, he laid flat against a shallow cliff. Praying to every god he knew as the Pistolman ran by, shooting at ghosts. Urist laid there for several hours, but eventually, he had to leave. He traveled away from the forests, vowing never to go back to that wasteland.

-----

Tired and about to collapse, Urist found a hill with a steep enough cliff that he could sleep under. That nagging voice came back, the one voice that said "At least light a fire or something" before he drifted off.

He was awakened, a loud screech filled the forest. Urist jolted awake and grabbed his machete and ran out of the cave. He saw several giant badgers run away, those things never retreat. What could they be possibly...

Urist's face turned cold, what is that...

He walked up to it and nudged the still lump... It was some sort of imp, a winged huminoid with fangs the size of a small knife. Urist had never seen anything like it. As the burnt red eyes remained still, Urist ran from the beast.

-----

Even though the clouds covered the night sky he made it to a small hamlet, hopefully they haven't learned about his previous actions. With a leather mat blanket hastily sewn with one of his skins drenched over his head. He ran out of the rain and into a dry hut.

The leather jacket, the cigar in hand armed to the teeth and possibly more. All pointed at him. He had stumbled upon Warlord domain. Breathing out as the man lowered his pistol he walked over to the door and locked it.

"Name's Alabaster." He said offering a hand "Glad to see your one of us, and not." He looked out the door. "Them..."

Urist grabbed the man, still puffing from the run "There's something out there!" He yelled as fast as he could

"Slow down bullseye." He said waving a hand "Now what's going on?"

"Fantastic!?" Urist yelled waving his arms frantically "There was a monstrosity out there! And that's 'Fantastic'?"

The man sat in the corner "Yeah, we know. Everyone knows, nobody wants to admit it but they know. It's the night you see, it hides things. Those zombies aren't the worst of it you see. When this entire thing happened, there were 'prototypes'." Urist nodded his head, partly because he was tired, partly because he never like history "Aye, your tired. Listen, I'll cut to the chase. We could use more saps like you. Tell you what, you can sleep here for the night, but you gotta do somethin' for us." Urist looked up "Just a small favor. We'll start you out small...

"Pest control?" Urist said holding up his crossbow "You're armed better then I am."

Raising an eyebrow the Warlord cracked a smile "Well then, taking off a bigger bite aye? I like that, try this one...

-----

:::QUESTIONS:::

So what'll it be?

A. Go for the Cougar*
B. Go for the Night Creature
C. Ask again all mighty 8-ball [edit : to clarify, ask for another quest.]
D. Other?

*Cougars (and other predatory felines) are a lot more powerful in Corrosion, they get enraged super easily, it won't be as easy to fight as it sounds.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 10:48:10 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 29, 2011, 10:19:23 pm »

D. Kill him instead. Don't take his mission and just sleep there for the night.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Conan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 29, 2011, 10:22:41 pm »

Ask the mighty 8-ball, of course!

But if not, try to get this guy to join you in your adventures. He sounds like a good guy.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2011, 05:09:04 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:26:33 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2011, 07:48:23 am »

D. Kill him instead. Don't take his mission and just sleep there for the night.

This
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2011, 07:58:23 am »

I'd have a go at the Cougar personally.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9