Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: The First Corrosion Community Adventure!  (Read 16055 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: The First Corrosion Community Adventure!
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 11:59:14 pm »

P.S. where are the zombies? 

They are more predominant in fort mode. However I have seen a half dozen groups of Scavengers (sort of half zombies) which I opted to avoid. Have faith, we'll probably get ambushed by them like a bandit attack if we wander through their territory. :)

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2011, 10:42:51 am »

A. But not too long, just try to find some decent melee weapon better than that puny knife.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2011, 11:39:22 am »

A. 2
B. 1
C. 1

Alright we'll go on a shopping spree for a few more minutes. Then I'll see if I can get a quest or two. Should be fun! I'll update soon!

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2011, 07:45:45 pm »

Chapter III
Hiding from Knives

Urist wandered to a nearby armor store. As he walked in, one of the shopkeepers on the floor snored loudly. Urist flinched, scared that he may wake up and spot him. Never the less, as light toed as he could muster, he snuck into the store. Looking at the goods, he gleefully took a set of leather armor and leggings, a bracer, and a pair of iron boots. With a smile on his face he put a helmet on his head like a drunk with a lampshade and turned to the door.

It was getting light out, a beam of light cut through the crack under the door like a blade would to a wounded animal. Urist darted out the door and made his way towards the outskirts where he could make a more formal escape. Now, full of a decent set of armor that would offer him some protection from the elemants, he headed north to a small fort near the river.

As he walked in though, fate caught up to him. The axeman took one look at his copper crossbow still hanging out of his backpack and charged.

Urist stumbled backwards and managed to dodge the precise blow. Pulling out his only melee weapon, a bronze knife, he delivered a crippling blow to the axeman's shoulder. Writhing in pain, the axeman's bracer slipped off his hand and hit the ground. But he tried to attack again, Urist managed to dodge the uncoordinated assault.

Perhaps out of anger, perhaps out of confusion, Urist did not retreat, instead he charged forward, dagger ready, stabbing the man twice in the chest before delivering a killer punch to the head.

He was attacked, he was wronged. Anger flustered inside him like an ocean against a salt cliff. Slowly eroding away his sanity. He glared at the tall tower to the west, and marched straight for it. The Lord of this castle will surely pay.

Urist slammed open the door. The lord stood there, calmly delivering the threat, then drew his short machete. Without even hesitating, Urist delivered a firm stab to the mans lower body. The man dodged his next attack, clenching his leaking stomach. Urist stabbed again, and again. Every other shot missing the nimble target as he yelled out taunts.

Finally, Urist struck him in the arm, and twisted the blade. The lord turned to run, but Urist only held. Silently the lord collapsed into pain.

Urist heard a patter of footsteps, he turned around, another axeman had appeared. Axe held high, she charged.

Urist took a step back, readying his dagger. Dodging two swings from the slow, but strong axe. Finally, he had his shot.

A shot right in the lower body. The axeman keeled over. Limp on the ground with pain. With two quick slashed, Urist ended the two animals.

The Fort was surprisingly small, Urist ran around for an hour looking for more souls. Why were they attacking him? He never wronged them, he wronged the shop keepers, he wronged the elder at his home. But he never wronged this lord, or his pitiful subjects. Finally, he left staggering out of the fort gates. A strange cloud covered him, he held his head as a dizziness replaced his vision.

There was nothing for him here now...

Spoiler: Explanation (click to show/hide)

:::QUESTIONS:::

A. Become a bandit, operate out of the circled cave in the east. (if you see a better cave feel free to say it) Raiding the surrounding lands.
B. The western cities to the west are occupied by Desert Devils. They will surely welcome a new thief. At least, until we run into another one.
C. Flee underground, it will be a treacherous venture, Treeless and featureless, and full of fearsome creatures.
D. Other?

Stats for Chap 3

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2011, 08:08:37 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Conan

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm running out of stone!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2011, 07:55:05 pm »

A. Become a bandit, operate out of the circled cave in the east. (if you see a better cave feel free to say it) Raiding the surrounding lands.
B. The western cities to the west are occupied by Desert Devils. They will surely welcome a new thief. At least, until we run into another one.
C. Flee underground, it will be a treacherous venture, Treeless and featureless, and full of fearsome creatures.
D. Other?

D. then C. Get the battle axes dropped by the two axemen first. I don't think your luck will hold much longer...

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2011, 08:51:00 pm »

A. Then drag the carcasses of your enemies back to your lair and use their teeth to make necklaces and other trinkets. And drape their skin around the outside of the cave... Oh, wait, we can't butcher sentients... Well I guess you could pull their teeth out while you're fighting them and just collect them like that. Hell, you don't even have to kill them, just take everyone's teeth and come back into town the next day wearing a bunch of earrings and necklaces.

Yeah, It's getting pretty late for me... Long day.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2011, 09:16:40 pm »

A.

Become a serial killer/bandit. 

And yes, collect trinkets from your dead enemies. 

P.S. what are your weapons right now? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2011, 09:28:02 pm »

B.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2011, 09:43:26 pm »

P.S. what are your weapons right now? 
+<<Bronze Crossbow>>+ (equipped)
150 bolts (quiver)
Bronze Army Knife (equipped)
Copper Chop Axe
Copper Screwdriver

As for armor
Shear Steel Helmet (equipped)
*Crucible Steel Low Boot* (x2)(equipped)
+<<Sheep Leather Leggings>>+ (equipped)
Cat Leather Armor (equipped)

So Urist is well armed and armored.

D. then C. Get the battle axes dropped by the two axemen first. I don't think your luck will hold much longer...

went back to grab it after reading this. They aren't battle axes and are a lot worse then them. So I would prefer to use the knife. It attacks quicker and we're almost to novice. And stabs to internal organs cause a lot more pain then vanilla. But we can use the axe to chop wood.

-----

Personally I'm surprised that we didn't get shanked by the Lord, but Urist seems to be amazingly lucky. No scars yet  :).

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2011, 11:06:42 pm »

B. B all the way.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2011, 01:06:23 am »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 01:25:10 pm by Jimlad11 »
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2011, 12:07:07 pm »

(cleared out a derail)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 12:46:00 pm »

What derail?
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

PotatoLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2011, 02:08:16 pm »

I vote B.
Dude, you've created a Yeti with nothing to lose.

You've created Yeti Batman.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2011, 02:09:36 pm »

What derail?
minecraft link sumthing if my memory is correct
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9