Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Return of the vanilla! And then there were none...  (Read 108366 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Return of the vanilla! Day 2 - Jimmy Deadpants
« Reply #330 on: July 01, 2011, 03:49:02 pm »

Was there a question in all that? Or was it just your reaction to somebody showing some interest in you? I said you RVS voted UV, you did, I said you never pulled it off, you didn't. I didn't imply anything from it, but rather asked for your beliefs, giving you a chance to put forward evidence, and you jump like I set your pants on fire, and still have not answered it at all.
Maybe your seeing something in the questions that isn't there, because you are reading it from scum eyes?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 01, 2011, 05:35:44 pm »

The reason I questioned th emsot discusse dpeople for the most discussed reaons are- guess what- that that's what go tto me more when I read the pages! Surprise! Seriously, you guys got everything befoe I came back fom my cabin. At least eight pages, come on. Do you expect me to memorize every single post in the game and ty to find every reason possible? It just can't happen. Also, I couldn't see any votecounts at the time I questioned Valican. If I really wanted ihm lynched, I would have continued to vote for him until the end od the day, which, as you'll note, I did not.

Also, Jim got nightkilled. Why in the world am I not surprised?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 01, 2011, 06:46:07 pm »

If I really wanted ihm lynched, I would have continued to vote for him until the end od the day, which, as you'll note, I did not.

a. Ah, yes, you didn't want him lynched... of course.  I understand, honey.

Who the fuck did you want lynched?  No one?  Why didn't you question anyone, then?

b. Commenting on the nightkill.

Common scumtell.

Hang.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 01, 2011, 08:55:40 pm »

Was there a question in all that? Or was it just your reaction to somebody showing some interest in you? I said you RVS voted UV, you did, I said you never pulled it off, you didn't. I didn't imply anything from it, but rather asked for your beliefs, giving you a chance to put forward evidence, and you jump like I set your pants on fire, and still have not answered it at all.
Maybe your seeing something in the questions that isn't there, because you are reading it from scum eyes?
Sigh. LTR doesn't begin to cover this. A vote made during RVS does not equal a RV. A random vote, oddly enough is made randomly, as in, arbitrarily and with no reason. As I clearly provided a reason, what you said is rendered a lie. Only scum and doctors/cops have reason to lie, and I doubt you are a doctor.

If I really wanted ihm lynched, I would have continued to vote for him until the end od the day, which, as you'll note, I did not.

That is an incredibly scummy thing to say. NK is one of THE scummiest things to discuss and use as evidence. But you want to talk nk? Fine. It proves Vector is innocent. ICs in BM are puppet masters, full tilt. By killing them, all you do is take away one of the votes they control. That means there at 5 people left, 2 of which are scum. I now thing Max and you are both scum.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 01, 2011, 08:56:43 pm »

But you want to talk nk? Fine. It proves Vector is innocent.

Buh?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 01, 2011, 09:01:56 pm »

Buh?
Like I said. BM ICs are puppet masters. You would know that killing Jim would do nothing to stop his effect on the flow of the game. You are aggressive enough to not let a noob scum partner go through with it. Thinking any further about it is WIFOM.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 01, 2011, 09:08:03 pm »

Like I said. BM ICs are puppet masters. You would know that killing Jim would do nothing to stop his effect on the flow of the game. You are aggressive enough to not let a noob scum partner go through with it. Thinking any further about it is WIFOM.

Oh my god  ::)

No.  Compare amount and content of Jim's posts from before, compared to know.  Rethink your hypothesis and don't use this shitty reasoning.

... Also, I'm not going to be able to post much for the next couple of days, because I'm having... issues.  I'll just call it that and say I'll do my best, but things are being troublesome.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 01, 2011, 09:09:00 pm »

Sigh. LTR doesn't begin to cover this. A vote made during RVS does not equal a RV. A random vote, oddly enough is made randomly, as in, arbitrarily and with no reason. As I clearly provided a reason, what you said is rendered a lie. Only scum and doctors/cops have reason to lie, and I doubt you are a doctor.

Breadbocks: You are still blatantly refusing to answer the question. I will ask you again, on day one, what reasons did you have for suspecting Ultra past the first time you voted for him. What did he do beyond that to make you even more suspicions?
Your doing everything you can to avoid the question, a very scummy thing to do. Explain your thought process.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 01, 2011, 09:13:00 pm »

What, no it doesn't.

Guess who the biggest threat to a scum IC is. Hint: It's not any of the nubfaces.

When I tell new players that they can't draw any conclusions from the nightkill, I really mean you can't draw any conclusions from the nightkill. None. Zip. Nada. Zilch.

And what are you doing here? Drawing conclusions from the nightkill.

If only. I can't attack people or tell you who to suspect. All I can do is correct you when you go wrong. Such are the limitations of being a dead IC.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 01, 2011, 11:27:11 pm »

breadbocks: You're contradicting yourself. First you say your vote wasn't bandwagoning because it was RVS, which would only make sense if it was truly random. Then you say it obviously wasn't random. What's the matter? Can't keep your story straight? Why the NK WIFOM?

Powder Miner: Your scumhunting to date has been abysmal. Why haven't you fielded more questions to your suspicions? Why don't you have suspicions? Who did you actually suspect during the last day? How did you not see the votes piling on UltraValican? You said yourself you saw he was the most discussed player.

Max: Nightkill is WIFOM and I'm not touching it with a 10 foot pole.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 02, 2011, 07:15:08 am »

Prodded kilakan and bd.

That was their first prod.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 02, 2011, 07:39:48 am »

breadbocks: You're contradicting yourself. First you say your vote wasn't bandwagoning because it was RVS, which would only make sense if it was truly random. Then you say it obviously wasn't random. What's the matter? Can't keep your story straight? Why the NK WIFOM?
Actually, I didn't say it wasn't bandwagoning because it was RVS. Prove to me there's some ghost running my accout that I don't know about.
As for why the NK WIFOM, it was purely me expressing my thoughts about the NK.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 02, 2011, 01:13:06 pm »

Breadbocks: Your first vote onto UltraValican was a RVS vote, and you never pulled it off, or bought new evidence into light. Can you explain your beliefs.
You also placed this vote as soon as Ultra and Kilakan started into their argument, thus bandwagoning hid as a RVS. Just saying.
In fact, when I voted UV, I was clear as daylight it was an RVS. You've said numerous other things that are clearly lies, and each one hurts your credibility.

Right here. Max White says that you were bandwagoning but hiding your vote as an RVS. Your only defense is that you were 'clear as daylight it was an RVS', which:
1) Doesn't actually mean Max is wrong, as his whole point is you were making it look like RVS.
2) Is probably the worst out of multiple plausible arguments you could have made.
3) Says you weren't bandwagoning because it was RVS.

And you evaded my second question entirely. Why did you decide to express your thoughts about the NK? You had the choice to call it out as WIFOM and ignore it. Why not?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 02, 2011, 01:20:59 pm »

HURRR TYPOS I MISTYPED WASN'T.

And now me not reading over my post has cause no end of confusion twice now. :-\

As for expressing my thoughts about NK, honestly, it was vocal thinking. I put my thoughts down in text and then decided to keep it there for the actual post. I stand by what I said.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 02, 2011, 02:29:14 pm »

Welp, the problems I metioned I would have caught up to me yesterday, and I've been completely swamped, anyways the weekend looks clear so far so all should be good from now on for my attendance.  Now to this predicament.
My Thoughts to date:
Vector-While I was having suspicions before night one about her, they have evaporated a bit.  First of all I seriously doubt that Jim would have been a target for her the first night.  Secondly she did try and deter the lynching of UltraValican, something I doubt a scum would put any effort into doing if they knew he was town.

BDtheMag-So far he's avoided replying to other peoples comments and only actually shown that he notices someone talking about him if you ask him a direct question.  Jim Showed some interest in him the first day, but not enough to warrant suspicions about BD if Jim was killed, making me think that he took the opportunity to get rid of a major scum-hunter when everyone was still overlooking him.  He has done minimalist activity (something I myself admit to being guilty of the last few days) and his answers seem to constitute not actually saying anything, just enough to remove suspicion.  He reeks of scummyness to me through the fact that he avoids confrontation, stays out of the way, and only scum hunts, when the person he's asking questions of is already tied up with someone more aggressive then himself. 
So get the hell in here and actually reply to what others say about you, give a reason for what you've done and stop hiding on the edges of inactivity.

Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 37