Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XXIV - Return of the vanilla! And then there were none...  (Read 108392 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

She warned you about Valican bros.
She told you dawgs. 8^y

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

... Well, now I feel slightly worse about my opening remarks.  Damn you, Groovester, for being so chill.  Damn you.

You can't scare them with hellfire all the time.

In fact, you probably shouldn't. Maybe once in a while, to really make a point that people aren't getting. Otherwise, calm the fuck down.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can't scare them with hellfire all the time.

In fact, you probably shouldn't. Maybe once in a while, to really make a point that people aren't getting. Otherwise, calm the fuck down.

You're probably right about this.  High-energy pedagogy works very well when directed at me, but I need to learn to be more considerate of others.

Okay, I will try.  Jim Groovester, will you help IC my ICing?  I don't want to make this a disaster because I ended up turning on too much energy for anyone to deal with.  So, just... tell me to cool it once in a while, when I need it, okay?  Please?

I'll do my best all the same, though.

I'm very sorry, everyone.  Let's have a good game together =)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

Only if you stop acting so guilty from a little corrective advice.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Jim Groovester, will you help IC my ICing?
Yo dawg, I heard you like mafia...

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only if you stop acting so guilty from a little corrective advice.

I'm acting guilty because you're right, and this is a problem I tend to have pretty much... always.  I get more excited than other people can stand, and then I end up needing to do stuff myself.

So, I'm trying to correct it here, a place where I think about my social interactions with others, in hopes of fixing it in the outside world.

And yeah, I'll do that, too.  Thank you.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile

I'm just dropping in to say that this game has been very educational so far. Thank you.

GOOD MORNING ASSHOLES ARE YOU HAVING A GOOD DAY?

Honestly, I just found this to be funny, and the following remarks to be, well, authoritative.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just dropping in to say that this game has been very educational so far. Thank you.

GOOD MORNING ASSHOLES ARE YOU HAVING A GOOD DAY?

Honestly, I just found this to be funny, and the following remarks to be, well, authoritative.

Haha, okay.  I'll keep your opinion in mind, too.

I'm glad that you've found the game educational, by the way.  Hopefully it will continue to be so =)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

Well, ok. If I thought I was never going to mislynch, I would be delusional.
Vector: You scummy troll, well clearly your plan was to buddy a townie so that we mislynch them without drawing suspicion to yourself.  :P No, I'm joking of coarse. Your clear with me for now.
UltraValican: If your reading this, DAMN IT MAN! You could have saved yourself by voting for Powder and making a tie, giving you a read for the night. Even if you were lynched the next day, you would have had some show and tell for us.
Scum: You may sit back and laugh, but you just lost any ambiguity about cop claims, so things are going to get a little more clean cut with any luck. So fuck you.

Breadbocks: Your first vote onto UltraValican was a RVS vote, and you never pulled it off, or bought new evidence into light. Can you explain your beliefs.
You also placed this vote as soon as Ultra and Kilakan started into their argument, thus bandwagoning hid as a RVS. Just saying.

*Yawn* I'll go get the evidence stack after breakfast and such. Just woke up after all.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile

UltraValican: If your reading this, DAMN IT MAN! You could have saved yourself by voting for Powder and making a tie, giving you a read for the night. Even if you were lynched the next day, you would have had some show and tell for us.

No, that would've been a bad idea. It would've infuriated me to no end, and I wouldn't have held back about it.

If you're town, the only way you can save yourself from the lynch is by scumhunting well in advance of it. Gaming votes to save yourself is scummy fucking bullshit and you should never, ever, ever do that.

Lynches are valuable town resources. They're the primary way the town investigates its suspicions, so it's absolutely critical that the town make each and every one count, by lynching the top suspects with excellent arguments. Even if it's a mislynch, it narrows down the field and forces the town to reevaluate their suspicions, helping them get closer and closer to scum.

It's true that UltraValican could have saved himself, but he would've screwed over the town by doing that.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aight, lets try this out.
LurkerTracker

Max White: Last posted: 0 hours ago. Last vote for Vote UltraValican. Posts: [0][1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39][40][41][42][43][44][45][46][47][48][49][50][51][52]
Vector: Last posted: 1 hour ago. Last vote for PowderMiner Posts: [0][1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34][35][36][37][38][39]
lordnincompoop: Last posted: 1 hour ago. Posts: [0][1][2][3]
breadbocks: Last posted: 22 hours ago. Last vote for Valican Posts: [0][1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9]
Powder Miner: Last posted: 31 hours ago. Last vote for Unvote Max White. Posts: [0][1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8]
kilakan: Last posted: 45 hours ago. Last vote for Unvote Breadbocks

Vote UltraValican
Posts: [0][1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23]
Think0028: Last posted: 46 hours ago. Last vote for Powder Miner, Posts: [0][1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14]
Bdthemag: Last posted: 47 hours ago. Last vote for Powder Miner Posts: [0][1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12]
Heliman: Last posted: 184 hours ago. Posts: [0][1][2][3][4]
Dead: Jim Groovester, Town: Posts: [0][1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32]
Dead: UltraValican, Cop: Posts: [0][1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32][33][34]

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, no.  Votecounts by hand for now, please.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wasn't doing a votecount :V

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I--I don't understand T_T

Damn new-fangled technology!

On the other hand, I guess this is a faster way of getting all of a player's posts.  It's also kind of nice that I don't have the most posts in the game, for once.  Hmm ;3

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile

I like to be active, work out a little, really grind those levels up until I'm useful.  :P
Get used to it, so far in every game I have played I've had the most posts.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37