Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Neoskel mods - UBER ADVENTURER RETURNS  (Read 4241 times)

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
Neoskel mods - UBER ADVENTURER RETURNS
« on: June 19, 2011, 12:32:54 am »

I'm working on a few minor creature mods that should hopefully expand on vanilla DF without changing the feel of it too much. I'll compile them in this thread as i work on them.

Mineral Men:http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4540
***UPDATED FOR DF 2014***
Includes the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Our most popular product:
UBER ADVENTURER:http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4545
***UPDATED FOR DF 2014***
I also currently have a special 'adventurer' creature which is completely and utterly overpowered and intended for going on omnicidal massacres. Lost a bit of speed due to the combat/attack speed split, but still faster than anything else. No longer has silly materials for organs, so no more heart of gold or nerves of steel. Can fly and has natural edged attacks, also has multiple legendary levels in all combat and movement skills.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 02:58:08 pm by Neoskel »
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Neoskel mods - ELEMENTMAN_STONE
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 03:23:16 pm »

*applause*

I'd like to see the adventurer--I want to see if you can un-inhabit-ize a fort by killing the lord/lady and/or all of his/her soldiers.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 06:36:25 pm »

Ok, the adventurer creature is up.

One important feature i didn't mention before is that it has two natural bladed attacks. It can hack enemies with its arms and stab them with its hands. Unless you find addy equipment with quality levels these are your best bet to kill things with.

But my favorite thing to do with this guy when fighting bandits/soldiers is to wrestle their weapons away and kill them with their own weapon.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 06:39:15 pm by Neoskel »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 08:03:04 pm »

Ok, the adventurer creature is up.

One important feature i didn't mention before is that it has two natural bladed attacks. It can hack enemies with its arms and stab them with its hands. Unless you find addy equipment with quality levels these are your best bet to kill things with.

But my favorite thing to do with this guy when fighting bandits/soldiers is to wrestle their weapons away and kill them with their own weapon.

No mind blast? D:
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neoskel mods - Many More Mineral Men
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011, 08:05:08 pm »

Wow it's been a long time since i posted here. I finally got around to working on this stuff again and have finished more element men for the metals and the gems. Metal men replace iron men and gem men replace amethyst men. More info in first post. I've also added population ratios to the castes in the stone men to keep rarer stone types from showing up as often as more common ones.

In the interim between posting my computer died on me so i've lost all my progress on the animals and animal men so i'm going to have to start from scratch on them. On another note i intend to pack even more overpowered-ness into the Adventurer creature once the new version gets here. Expect fire breath, fireballs, webs, natural necromancy, a heart-stopping 'glare' interaction, and whatever else i can figure out with the new interaction system. Maybe an area effect interaction which destroys brains or causes unconsciousness for a better 'mind blast' type attack. It really doesn't make sense for a mind blast to be a touch attack.

In the meantime i'll see about making 'coal men' and whatnot. I was thinking of trying to make water men and maybe bile men, etc.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 08:09:35 pm by Neoskel »

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 10:04:14 pm »

Don't mind if in the furture I snag some of these critters for my mod? Of course I'd give you credit for your hard work (100 castes for gem men holy hell I thought my zombies was tedious)

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011, 10:22:43 pm »

Woh, nice job with these guys! No, alow me to quitly swipe them to my raw files...
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 10:45:04 pm »

Please, feel free to add these guys to your own mods and whatnot. I made them to be used. Credit is, of course, appreciated.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2011, 10:51:38 pm »

Please, feel free to add these guys to your own mods and whatnot. I made them to be used. Credit is, of course, appreciated.
Thanks and Credit given where Credit is due is what I always say

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2011, 02:47:39 am »

Whoa, encountered a couple bugs with some of these guys. Metal men where the wrong colors and all dropped iron statues and stonemen and the adventurer are unable to wrestle except with a held item for some reason. I fixed the problems with the metal men, but the wrestling issue is a little more elusive.

Apparently it has something to do with the stonemen and adventurer being made for an earlier version, as they had no trouble wrestling in 0.31.01. I have not been able to pinpoint the exact issue, so i think i'll just reconstruct them from the current version's creature files.

So be sure to download the new version of the metal men if you downloaded an older version.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 02:49:18 am by Neoskel »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2011, 05:33:06 pm »

I've attempted to make a civ out of the uber adventurer creature. They were wiped out by a lizardman hamlet in the mountains. Heh...I know worldgen can be funny like that, but I just like to note that somehow, a single hamlet of lizardmen manages to fight and kill a civ of adamantine-skinned, super fast, ridiculously overpowered genderless monstrosities.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2011, 05:37:38 pm »

I've attempted to make a civ out of the uber adventurer creature. They were wiped out by a lizardman hamlet in the mountains. Heh...I know worldgen can be funny like that, but I just like to note that somehow, a single hamlet of lizardmen manages to fight and kill a civ of adamantine-skinned, super fast, ridiculously overpowered genderless monstrosities.

Power in numbers, where the Lizardmen can breed, the uber creatures cannot.
so no matter how many lizardmen get killed they just breed like rats, where as the uber creatures got what people they have until the bitter end.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2011, 05:42:08 pm »

Dear Armok...

This is awesome. Posting to watch.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2011, 05:44:09 pm »

Meh. Im going to go add genders to 'em and try to find some convoluted, possibly horribly disgusting way to explain why they can 'reproduce'.

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2011, 05:46:25 pm »

Meh. Im going to go add genders to 'em and try to find some convoluted, possibly horribly disgusting way to explain why they can 'reproduce'.

'Armok had too much plump helmet wine.'
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.
Pages: [1] 2 3