Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Men of peace  (Read 2477 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Men of peace
« on: June 15, 2011, 08:32:59 pm »

I was playing on men of war and I've encountered the group men of peace, anyone else encountered them?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Men of peace
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 08:36:07 pm »

What exactly do they do? do they just unequip all of their guys and sit in their base?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 10:45:15 pm »

Maybe they're from Mars.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Krelian

• Bay Watcher
  • Hola
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 10:47:04 pm »

they must be elves

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 10:48:11 pm »

Maybe they're from Mars.
Sounds like these ladies are from Venus.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 09:26:14 pm »

What exactly do they do? do they just unequip all of their guys and sit in their base?
No
Maybe they're from Mars.
Maybe they're from Mars.
Nope
they must be elves

And no they fight but it's kinda a political game you make a faction such as mercenaries or police and then do what they do. You might have the mercs fight the police in a mission or the army might get into a quable with some gangsters, who have hired the
mercs

« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 11:47:21 am by Elfeater »
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 09:29:04 pm »

((sorry bout the quote mess up using an iPad so it's kinda difficult to do right))
EDIT:kinda fixed
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 11:47:57 am by Elfeater »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 01:01:35 pm »

I thought we were talking about a group that plays Men of War, which contains no gangsters, police, or mercs.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 01:11:56 pm »

Might be like Sahrani Life on Arma, where everyone dicks around and 'roleplays' making obtuse rules up as they go and causing a lot of raege.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 01:45:42 pm »

I would be up for roleplaying in Men of War.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 02:47:16 pm »

Roleplayers are fun to kill because they rage at being defeated in an "unrealistic" way.

Once met a guy in CoH who wouldn't move from his base till he had a historically accurate Panzer Group or something and called me a scumbag for disrespecting history and a halo kiddie because I took every single control point except the one behind his base, got the ticker down to 150-500 and dumped Calliope barrages ontop of his neatly lined up panzer IV's which he just refused to move forward half a screen and shoot back until the timer ran out an I won.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 02:59:25 pm »

Roleplayers are fun to kill because they rage at being defeated in an "unrealistic" way.

Once met a guy in CoH who wouldn't move from his base till he had a historically accurate Panzer Group or something and called me a scumbag for disrespecting history and a halo kiddie because I took every single control point except the one behind his base, got the ticker down to 150-500 and dumped Calliope barrages ontop of his neatly lined up panzer IV's which he just refused to move forward half a screen and shoot back until the timer ran out an I won.

I'm picturing this in City of Heroes (which I've never played) and despite my never having played it, it still breaks my suspension of disbelief.  :-\
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 04:02:28 pm »

People don't play CoH for historical accuracy, or any kind of accuracy, really.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 04:09:57 pm by OzyTheSage »

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 04:09:32 pm »

I'm picturing this in City of Heroes (which I've never played) and despite my never having played it, it still breaks my suspension of disbelief.  :-\

That's hilarious.

And he's talking about company of heroes, not city of heroes.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 05:06:32 pm »

So all the heroes are privatized instead of municipal?  :D
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: [1] 2