Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86770 times)

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
  • Sing until your ears bleed.
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 46
« Reply #780 on: August 09, 2012, 11:17:53 am »

Loria sighed as she mentally went over her weaponry and outfit. "No, let's just get this over with." She walked in with Teodosio, hanging slightly back from him and keeping a sharp eye on everything around her.
Someday I'll find a hilarious quote and put it here...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 09, 2012, 11:23:28 am »

"Let's not beat around the bush.  You don't sit around in somebody's place waiting for them and not know who they are.  I'm Systar, and you know that.  Now, what the hell are you doing here?  I'm not in the mood for guests."

Systar indicates his weaponry as he says this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 09, 2012, 11:24:52 am »

Also, we'll be waiting for you.  It came back after that one long gap!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 10, 2012, 11:41:05 pm »

The Eyes! Go for the Eyes!
Raggle Fraggle

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 16, 2012, 09:21:43 am »

Aha! Good news, everyone! The Rogue Trader thing isn't working out so well, so... Nowhere to Run is back from the dead! Ha! In your face, Serious! Just kidding.

I'll see if I can get an update up today already, but tomorrow latest. Exciting times. The hunt continues, mentlegen!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 16, 2012, 09:29:04 am »

I'll see if I can get an update up today already, but tomorrow latest. Exciting times. The hunt continues, mentlegen!

((What about us females?  :P

Glad to see this back!))

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 16, 2012, 11:14:53 am »

((What about us females?  :P

Glad to see this back!))

((Indeed, us females demand proper representation in the form of mentlefems! Or Womtlefems? Well, whichever. I look forward to Loria getting beat up again.

On a sadder note, I was a bit disappointed that the Rogue Trader game didn't as much attention as it deserved. :( ))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 16, 2012, 11:22:47 am »

Wontlegen. Gentlewomen = Wontlegen.

So, ladies and gentlemen, wontlegen and mentlegen, females and males, etc etc.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 16, 2012, 06:02:22 pm »

((Oh my gosh! :D I was so excited when I saw a post in this thread. I might have to change my pants.
Bring on the lead-flavoured kebab vending!))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 17, 2012, 08:50:40 am »

Akhain Gazhorn and Systar
"Who are you? Maybe then I'll tell you who I am. Common curtesy, you understand..." 'Hurid' gets up and moves into relative cover, while still being able to see the door with relative ease.

If Systar actually states who he is, 'Hurid' will divulge information about himself and his role in being an intermediary between Systar and the Republic.

If Systar does not state who he is, 'Hurid' will stay in cover with weapon at the ready untill his identity can be confirmed.

"Let's not beat around the bush.  You don't sit around in somebody's place waiting for them and not know who they are.  I'm Systar, and you know that.  Now, what the hell are you doing here?  I'm not in the mood for guests."

Systar indicates his weaponry as he says this.

[4] - Satisfied by the bounty hunter's explanation, 'Hurid' talks. Systar's face shows little as he listens to the other man explain his role as the Republic's assigned intermediary.

It stands to reason the Republic would have someone watch over him. From the way he went for cover immediately, and the arms he carries, he looks to be much more than a simple intermediary. Here to execute him if he doesn't go along with their plans? Probably. A quick database search on his visor seems to confirm his identity. If only they'd knock next time.

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Gao decided to do the only thing he could in this situation. He pulled out the dice he usually gambled with, assigned the paths to numbers, and rolled to see which way he should go.

[6] - Gaosaron's die rattles on the metal floor for a minute, and draws to a stop on a 6. Shrugging, he fires up his visor's zoom functions and lights and begins to look around the intersection. Cold, gloomy and poorly-lit, it's as far from enjoyable as he can imagine, but the bounty hunter peers at every corner and patch of wall diligently. A quick check down one path reveals a storage room - the others start identical into the distance. In the end, the only thing the Vantahin can see is the amount of dust on the paths. The path most travelled seems like his best bet.

[4] A short distance in, he comes upon a dead body - a station worker. Gao isn't sure if this is a good thing. He has no obvious wounds, but a brief medical examination hints at some sort of heart attack, anyway. He quickly forgets this when he sees a door, however - and a control terminal.

Gao strides over and swipes the door open with his Guard Pass. The metal slides open to reveal a vast, long hall, with enormous shielded walls at the far end, a thin wall between the vacuum and the ship's insides. He's found the landing bay.

[4] There are small figures huddled near one ship - more aliens. Even worse, Gaosaron spots another damn construct with them, this one on all fours like a dog, with what appears to be an industrial laser welded into its back, sunk into the flesh. It doesn't take a genius to figure out it's the labship - the other two ships in the bay are standard prefab freighters and unprotected. They should cover his approach to the labship if he heads down there. The terminal by the door can be used to contact the AI as well, most likely.

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971 and Kaviv Otoli
"...Can't say she has, Ink.

If you need to me to tell her something, I will.

Honestly, Dalia's been under a lot of pressure lately. Winning the war was the easy part, apparently. Winning the peace is going to be alot harder...but she'll listen to me."

He grimaces, and pauses to take a Drink. He spoke quietly, as force of habit. He wondered if McGurson's daughter still swept for bugs?

"What about you, anyway? Are you still in the Green?

Cause, no offense, he has a tendency to turn employees into property. If you know what I mean. I just hope you're keeping your head above water, friend...I mean, I'm not going to second guess your decisions. But if you ever need help, you know you could call me, right?"
971 said, delicately.

971 himself had gotten offers from the Syndicate. Oh, they were so polite, too. At first. He had asked Dalia about it-and she had more or less convinced him of the truth-that the House always wins.

The Truth was, it was easy to get in, and hard to get out. The Syndicate was always good to float you money, too. Need a new hover-car? Done. Pay for your daughters eye surgery? No problem. We saw you were behind on your rent, so we just went ahead and paid that too, gave the Landlord a message-you're one of us.

But Mr. Eyes never did anything for free. And when it came down to it...you always paid him back. One way or the other.

[5] - 'Yeah, I, uhh...' Ink starts and chuckles. 'Ah, I don't know what to say. It's a moot point, anyway. I don't know why I brought it up.'

He plays with the tablecover for a while, grinning - somewhat forcedly, 971 can tell.

'I'm fine, really. Got a big job, lots of responsibility, good pay. Really, the stories about Eyes are so exaggarated,' he says, after a while. 'I mean, well. Well, okay, it's not really like what we used to do. I get told to do bad shit, sometimes. But... hell, I don't know what else I should be doing. It's good, steady income, and I've got the family to think of, now. I'm basically 'patriarch' now that Dad died a few months back. Such a backwards tradition, but hey.'

'Anyway. You call me, I'll be there too.'

---

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Barauc
The Eyes! Go for the Eyes!

[5] - Barauc waits for an opportunity and lashes out, taking a running step to [Dodge:4-1=3] smack his opponent across the nose. [Damage:6-2=4] There's a sickening wet crunch of breaking bone. Barauc leaps back, enjoying the rush of adrenaline, such a far cry from his usual distant kills, [5+1=6][Dodge:6] and easily sidesteps the first punch to come his way. [3+1=4] The pit fighter follows it up with a right hook that [Dodge:6] has no better luck. The crowd's roar is incredible.

[3][Dodge:2-1=1] Barauc launches forward again, pummeling his opponent's ribcage with hits [Damage:2+2=4] that send him reeling back. He's moving much more sluggishly than a few moments earlier, Barauc notices as they get a bit of distance between them again.

---
Enemies

Spoiler: Pit Fighter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Loria sighed as she mentally went over her weaponry and outfit. "No, let's just get this over with." She walked in with Teodosio, hanging slightly back from him and keeping a sharp eye on everything around her.

[1] - Teodosio nods approvingly and the pair set off towards the doors. They only get a few steps in before a pale alien appears from inside, eyes wide with fear. He hurries to stop Teodosio.

'I'm... I'm sorry, but Mr. Tresun is n-not seeing anyone t-today,' he stammers. 'Please come by later.'

Teodosio frowns. 'We have an appointment,' he says.

'I'm sorry,' the nervous little thing repeats. 'Mr. Tresun... he isn't seeing anyone today. We... err. We can arrange another time, of course.'

---

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

---

Thar we go. You know my updating schedules, but I'll try to keep a relatively good update rate up. On my standards, anyway.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 47
« Reply #790 on: October 17, 2012, 09:06:15 am »

(...I don't even remember what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. >.<)

Gao reported the situation to the AI, then tried to sneak to one of the fighter ships. Maybe, if he was lucky, it had a self-destruct he could use to take out the hostiles in the area. Also, he made sure his shotgun was still equipped and fully loaded, just in case.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 17, 2012, 09:18:57 am »

971 delicately cleaned his hands with a napkin.

Oof. Big meal. And uncomfortable revelation. He would have to think about this.

"Well, it was nice catching up, Ink. Give my blessings to your family...three daughters now, isn't it?" He commented, with a humble grin. The man was busy, that was for sure.

971 wondered, as he left and exchanged greetings, if he would ever have a family-someone to be with. It wasn't a question of who-there were literally no Kobolds left, as far as he figured. That's why he had to go find them...one day.

But every minute was one point closer to death, and 971's clock was shorter than most.

He had noticed Kaviv was quiet, out of place. He patted the man on his shin.

"You know, Kaviv-you did damn good work today. I've not seen many people who had such hard caliber right off the mark/ I think we can make this partnership work, in a long term fashion, if you feel the same way. Or if you wanna go off on your own, I understand that too.

...but let's talk about it tomorrow! Go home, get some sleep, or some heavy sleeping if you're the sort that needs a nice girl after a job-tomorrow we'll go see the shopkeeper together and get paid.
"

Action: Get healed up, then head back home to get a goods nights sleep, and hopefully meet up with Kaviv in the morning to meet the shopkeeper for payment.

If successful, look for the next job.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Theodolus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 18, 2012, 11:21:23 am »

Loria knelt down next to the pale, little alien and took his head in her hands. Listen to me. If there's trouble in there you need to tell us, and you need to tell us now, because we're the only ones who can possibly help you. Her face hardened and her voice took on an intimidating tone. But if this is just a case of your boss trying to wave us off because he's too busy to meet with us, or he's banging a two-bit hooker... Well, let's just say that by letting me know in advance you'll save yourself a ton of pain.

Intimidate the alien in to giving us more information on why he's scared, and what's going on in the building that they so desperately want to keep us away.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 19, 2012, 04:59:03 am »

Kaviv sat there in silence, having spent most of the meal just staring at the table as the others talked, just sitting there replaying the day's events in his head. His food was mostly untouched; he had only picked at it occasionally when somebody remarked on his lack of appetite.
He'd noticed the rather striking woman working behind the counter, occasionally glancing with curiousity at the young stranger sitting with 971 and Ink, but Kaviv averted his eyes. The face of the young ganger he'd shot, whimpering and defenceless, popped unbidden into his mind.

'I wonder which of us she'd like better, hmm?' He jabbed irritably at some unfamiliar lump of meat on his plate with a fork, his inner voice needling at him, 'Not the penniless kebab-peddler turned hired killer, I'm sure!'
He gritted his teeth, trying to reason with himself as he set down the fork and instead fidgeted with a napkin. 'Oh, come on, Kaviv; you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs!' He frowned a bit to himself at that. 'Wait a minute, that wasn't a kebab-related metaphor! Damnit, man, what would Father think?! Okay, here: You can't wrap a home-style kebab without covering up a few things better not thought about. Better? Jeez.'

Abruptly he realised 971 was speaking to him, and quickly snapped out of it, feeling a bit foolish as he nodded rapidly.
"Oh, no, I wouldn't say I did so very well at all. But... Thanks." He made an obviously-forced attempt at a comradely grin. He opened his mouth to answer 971's suggestion, but the latter continued quickly and he closed it again for a moment before finally saying,
"Sure, well, I shall be seeing you tomorrow, then. Uhh, later."

The young bounty hunter got to his feet a little too quickly, slightly rattled by 971's "nice girl after a job" comment- he shot a glance at the female behind the counter and then cursed himself inwardly as he hurriedly headed for the door.

'Shit, Kaviv, for a hardened, callous killer who shoots unarmed men in the back for a handful of creds, you really are an awkward bastard.'

>Go catch some Z's. If sleeping is proving impossible, either pop a couple of sleeping pills or comfort eat- whichever works!

>Meet 971 tomorrow.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 21, 2012, 12:45:01 pm »

((Tal, Systar is waiting on your end to speak first.))
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 58