Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86756 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 45
« Reply #765 on: August 05, 2012, 12:29:48 pm »

Remainingly thoughtfully silent as the two old friends chattered away, Kaviv just kept his hands in his pockets, nodding wherever it seemed appropriate and tried to keep his mind off of the bloody events that had just taken place.

Most of the things they discussed, times, places and people Kaviv had never known or heard of, went way over his head. He answered this Ink fellow's smile with a shaky one of his own, but other than that he said little until 971 spoke to him, the mention of food bringing back unexpected memories.
'Real synthbeef? Ah, how expensive that stuff was, back in the vendor business. Of course, Papa was too proud to cook up rat or lizard, it always had to be the real thing. Lucky the rest of the family were more realistic.'

He blinked a few times as though to clear his head, then nodded to 971.
"Oh, ah, sure. I have always been more of a kebab fan, myself," Said Kaviv, never having tried a burger, "But a drink wouldn't go astray."
He exhaled slowly and followed 971, trying to focus on the conversation rather than think things over, for now. But one though kept bothering him...
'Are we just going to walk back out of here and go on our way, after all this? Don't we need to... I don't know, report it to someone?' Then again, he was new to the Bounty hunting business. It'd probably become clear before long. He shrugged to himself.

>Follow after 971 and our new companions, trying not to dwell on recent events.
>Help carry loot if necessary.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 05, 2012, 01:07:07 pm »

"Shopkeep is paying us, Kaviv-and our cars back there. We'll get the money on the way, and...

Shit, did we kill that Larro kid, the one he told us to watch our for? I remember pegging a shot at him-he was shooting at me anyway-but I missed. No time to go through this mess, anyway. Got to hope he ran when I gave him the chance."

971 rolled out shoulder, grimacing. He fished out the picture and showed it to Ink.

"Did you or any of your boys waste this idiot? He was carrying a carbine."
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 05, 2012, 01:21:27 pm »

Whaaaat, you actually noticed? I did leave a related failed roll in without explanation, but I didn't think you actually look at your foes' names.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 05, 2012, 01:35:07 pm »

@DH: It's been like 6 months since we started the mission, but yeah. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 05, 2012, 01:37:08 pm »

Yeah, that's my point. Nobody has that good memory. Nobody.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 05, 2012, 01:46:25 pm »

@Digit: If it makes you feel better, I did forget-I shot at him, then looked at the name...

Honestly, I've started taking long-term notes.

You slow GM, you.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 05, 2012, 07:14:36 pm »

Sneak a Aurora and head up into the pit
Raggle Fraggle

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 09, 2012, 03:38:51 am »

Continue with the wait.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 09, 2012, 05:00:12 am »

Akhain Gazhorn and Systar
Continue with the wait.
Systar gritted his teeth.  He could see enough to tell that if there was anyone in there, it wasn't many.  He was hurt, his blade was about gone, and who the hell knows what had been compromised... but running wasn't an option.  Undoubtedly they were watching the terminals- he doubted he could get a legitimate flight off the planet, and he didn't have the credits for otherwise- plus, he had thousands more worth of gear in the room.  He was stuck.

Returning to his hotel, he got to his door.  Taking out his pistol in one hand and the incendiary grenade in his other, he hoped whoever was in there didn't have a death wish.

Return and enter, pointing with the pistol and ready to prime/arm the grenade.  Demand to know what the hell is going on if anyone's inside.

[3] - There's no running from this and Systar knows it. He hurries back, marching straight into the lobby, up the elevator and to his door. Breathing deep, Systar takes out his pistol and a grenade, and [3] fumbles to open the door with his ID, after briefly considering kicking it in.

[3] Inside, Akhain is stirred out of his stupor by the sound of the lock deactivating and raises his gun anew. [3] Systar also forsakes his earlier plan of bursting in by shouting from the doorway.

'Who's there? What the hell is going on?'

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
"...I can't believe I'm saying this. It's probably going to get me killed." Gao sighed. "Ratrik, you take our buddy here and try to get him and his people out, OK? I'm going to try and make my way to the mainframe and see what I can do. Get clear of the station; I'll radio you when it's safe to come back and get me. If it isn't, well, I imagine the big ass explosion will give the game up." He turned back to the 'bot. "Lead the way. Know a safe route to the core, or am I going to be burning through ammo on this trip?"

[2] - 'Alright,' Ratrik says. 'I'll get these people to the station entrance and hail the freighter that brought us in. And call our employer, let him know what's happened.'

He turns to the survivor, who nods, eyeing the bot once more warily, and leads the bounty hunter inside. Gao is left alone with the AI's messenger and lets it know he's ready.

'I believe the maintenance tunnels will offer us some protection from the creatures. The doors only open for those with high-level security passes, like the one in your possession. However, some of them may have grasped the use of the cards. Also, this shell may not be able to accompany you the entire way through. I will let you know if it is in danger of losing power. It may be possible to unlock areas of this station the creatures have locked me out of.'

Gao acknowledges this, still wary, and follows the bot as it buzzes out of the room and back the way they came. The bounty hunter stays alert for any signs of the blue aliens, [4] but with the speed the bot is moving it's hard to listen. Still, it seems quiet enough. Presumably they're at the reactor core like the AI said.

Gao swipes the door to the maintenance tunnels open with his Guard Pass. The AI doesn't lead them the way they came, but into the twisting depths of the station, narrow tunnels of radiating heat with barely enough space to move in. As you come to an intersection, the bot suddenly stops.

[3] 'My signal is not getting through well,' it says through heavy static. 'I am giving this bot rudimentary directions for you to follow. However, you will not be able to communicate with me until you reach the landing bay the labship is located in. If there are any control terminals on the way, you may be able to reconnect them to me.'

With that, the voice dies away and the bot's lights dim. With [2] a groan of servos and a few sparks, it rushes towards one of the tunnels and crashes down, skidding along the floor until its' power cuts out completely. Gaosaron studies the inert form for a few moments, then, with nothing better to do, heads down the tunnel it started upon.

[2] The tunnel goes straight for a while, but soon several other diverge from it. He heads straight onwards, but then the tunnel comes to another intersection - [1] with no signs or any of the control terminals the AI talked about anywhere in sight.

Allies

Spoiler: Tarur Ratrik (click to show/hide)

---

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971 and Kaviv Otoli
Action: Collect some weapons, ammo and equipment from the gangers. Maybe that MG that shot the crap out of me so many times?

Then, time to get healed, and grab a drink and a burger with an old friend.

>Follow after 971 and our new companions, trying not to dwell on recent events.
>Help carry loot if necessary.

[3] - After some more reminiscing and banter, Ink takes a look at the picture and shrugs. 'I think I saw him around before all the shooting started, but that's all. Boys?'

971 holds the picture aloft for the others, but if they know anything, they don't talk.

'He probably had the brains to run. But anyway, those guns. Let's grab what we can. And don't worry about my op, we'll figure something out.'

[4] The hunters and syndicate thugs spread out to loot the fallen. Nobody stops 971 from heading straight to the bastard with the Golgo and picking the heavy weapon up. The ganger didn't carry any extra ammo - though he did leave the other thug with a Golgo outside - but it should still prove useful in a tough spot even if he doesn't acquire more. [1] 971 also picks up a Widowmaker clip from one of the gangers, while [3] Kaviv is offered a Frag and a Snaplock clip.

[3] The wounded thugs and the hunters gather outside, while Ink makes a report for his boss, keeping mention of the bounty hunters to mininum. From what they can hear on this end, he doesn't sound too happy - though 971 knows that if Mr. Eyes was really angry, there would be no emotion at all in his voice. After Ink ends the call, he sends his men to find their way home and to medical attention - apparently they've stashed a vehicle somewhere nearby.

'Right,' he says as he approaches the hunters. 'Let's head out.'

[2] The shopkeeper has, as they find out when they swing by, closed for the day, but 971 leaves him a message about the completion of the mission.

Kyrhawk Cafe is still standing, and is still open. It looks like McGurson's daughter has done some renovating, lighter colors and a fancy new logo greeting them above the door. Still, they recognize old tables, old music, old machines. McGurson's daughter recognizes and greets them warmly, calling for drinks on the house. Soon three ice-cold Antolan Brews and steaming burgers are waiting in front of the three heroes of the revolution. The two veterans fall quickly in conversation, Kaviv feeling somewhat out of it, not recognizing many of the topics.

'So,' Ink asks after his third Antolan, 'don't suppose Dalia's mentioned me in, uhh, a while? I sort of... told her what I'm doing these days and she... she got really mad, y'know. She called me all sorts of things. I hit back, y'know I'm not one to take that, even from a friend. Things sort of escalated from there. I don't, uhh, suppose you could talk to her on my behalf?'

---

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Yoink (click to show/hide)

Barauc
Sneak a Aurora and head up into the pit

[6] - The trainer doesn't care or notice Barauc dropping an Aurora down his shirt as he leaves his gear and armor for him to carry away. After he's done, practically only his mask remaining, Barauc heads to the arena entrance to wait for the previous match to end and the next to start.

After a few minutes, the doors at the top slide open and the lithe alien returns carried by two guards, his head dangling unnaturally to the side with nothing to hold it in place. Barauc can see bone sticking out.

'Alright, you're up. They're putting someone called Sina against you. Fight hard and remember what I told you,' the trainer says. You acknowledge him and head up the stairs into the arena.

Though the place is not quite what you imagined - a large room with a round, fenced center, the audience in rows around it - he is instantly reminded of a few entertainment flicks he's seen in his youth. From the other entrance comes a muscled alien, pandering to the audience with a showmanlike gestures and smile. His smile continues even as he begins to check Barauc out, approaching slowly. The bounty hunter is still considering his chances when a dull boom rattles through the chamber, presumably the go signal, and his foe surges forward.

[5+1=6] His first blow, coming fast and hard with his right, [6] is easily sidestepped by the experienced bounty hunter. He uses the opening to [3] plant an [Dodge:4-1=3] accurate left hook into the alien's stomach, though the man moves to turn away most of the blow. [Damage:1-2=0] Barauc recognizes he did little damage and [5] follows up with a solid right that [Dodge:6-1=5] finds only air. Barauc stumbles and is open for a counter-strike, [2] but it never comes.

His opponent dances back and so does Barauc, the two men circling eachother while the audience whoops for blood.

---
Enemies

Spoiler: Pit Fighter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Riccto (click to show/hide)

Loria
Loria grabs a couple knives, secreting them in various locations before heading to the cab with Teodosio.

[2] - Loria finds a pair of good, balanced knives from the kitchen and hides them in the recesses of her dress. Satisfied, she heads back up.

It takes some time for the cab to arrive, and even more for it to arrive at its destination at Financial. The pair is let out on the top floor and head for the luxuriously-decorated double doors to this crime bosses' office. Looks like the PI, or his employer, has managed to get a meeting arranged.

'Right, before we go in, any last-minute things you need to go over?' Teodosio asks.

---

Spoiler: Theodolus (click to show/hide)

---

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 46
« Reply #774 on: August 09, 2012, 05:05:18 am »

Now, with that update, I've got some bad news. School is starting, and it will take a lot of my time. I also want to start something else - in this case, a Rogue Trader campaign. The problem with having two great games is you can't let either one die if you want to do a new game. I've struggled with this problem a lot, and this is the sad solution.

Nowhere to Run is going on, if not a hiatus, on backburner for the duration of the abovementioned campaign. I'm not a fast GM, so I want to put all of my available time and resources into the campaign so it goes smoothly. It should not take forever, and if it stretches on for too long, I will start updating again on the side. You are all excellent players and I love this game, so I have no intention of letting it die. I hope none of you will flee from it while I'm not watching, either. 

If you are familiar with any of the 40K RPGs, you are free to play in the campaign as well.

Still, feel free to post actions for the next turn.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:29:09 am by Digital Hellhound »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: August 09, 2012, 05:19:44 am »

(It was a good run while it lasted, but as usual I have no faith in anything on hiatus ever coming back. And yes, that does include the RTD I'm claiming is only on hiatus. >.>)

Gao decided to do the only thing he could in this situation. He pulled out the dice he usually gambled with, assigned the paths to numbers, and rolled to see which way he should go.

(There's no mention of the number of paths, so I'll just designate six and you roll for as necessary, assuming there is a next turn.

1 = Straight
2 = Left
3 = Right
4 = Up
5 = Down
6 = In-depth search of the surroundings for clues)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: August 09, 2012, 05:28:37 am »

I won't be sorry to disappoint you, then.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: August 09, 2012, 05:38:49 am »

(Sorry. Just slightly bitter because another game I liked recently went 'on hiatus' as well for something else the GM would rather run. :\)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: August 09, 2012, 06:24:35 am »

"Who are you? Maybe then I'll tell you who I am. Common curtesy, you understand..." 'Hurid' gets up and moves into relative cover, while still being able to see the door with relative ease.

If Systar actually states who he is, 'Hurid' will divulge information about himself and his role in being an intermediary between Systar and the Republic.

If Systar does not state who he is, 'Hurid' will stay in cover with weapon at the ready untill his identity can be confirmed.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: August 09, 2012, 08:38:32 am »

971 finishes up his third burger just as his friend drops the question-leave it up to Ink to time the heavy stuff when his hands weren't full of delicious meat.

He remembered. Ink and Dalia had been close. He wasn't one to pry how close...

"...Can't say she has, Ink.

If you need to me to tell her something, I will.

Honestly, Dalia's been under a lot of pressure lately. Winning the war was the easy part, apparently. Winning the peace is going to be alot harder...but she'll listen to me."

He grimaces, and pauses to take a Drink. He spoke quietly, as force of habit. He wondered if McGurson's daughter still swept for bugs?

"What about you, anyway? Are you still in the Green?

Cause, no offense, he has a tendency to turn employees into property. If you know what I mean. I just hope you're keeping your head above water, friend...I mean, I'm not going to second guess your decisions. But if you ever need help, you know you could call me, right?"
971 said, delicately.

971 himself had gotten offers from the Syndicate. Oh, they were so polite, too. At first. He had asked Dalia about it-and she had more or less convinced him of the truth-that the House always wins.

The Truth was, it was easy to get in, and hard to get out. The Syndicate was always good to float you money, too. Need a new hover-car? Done. Pay for your daughters eye surgery? No problem. We saw you were behind on your rent, so we just went ahead and paid that too, gave the Landlord a message-you're one of us.

But Mr. Eyes never did anything for free. And when it came down to it...you always paid him back. One way or the other.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 58