Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 58

Author Topic: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 51  (Read 86967 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 11
« Reply #225 on: July 08, 2011, 07:16:48 am »

I say skip.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 08, 2011, 07:20:16 am »

Agreed.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 08, 2011, 08:23:10 am »

Skipulate, then retcon him in.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 08, 2011, 09:19:06 am »

SKIP!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 08, 2011, 09:20:57 am »

Jesus christ, you guys. I'm not gonna update until tomorrow anyhow.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 08, 2011, 09:36:55 am »

The thing is since all of us are on our own what he's doing doesn't affect the other players in the slightest. ^^; It would be different if two of us were on a team with him or something but, well...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 08, 2011, 09:40:49 am »

Jesus christ, you guys. I'm not gonna update until tomorrow anyhow.

We can't help it if we're chomping at the bit!  There are planets to destabilize!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 09, 2011, 07:25:38 am »

Taric Taiservi
"The black baron. Now I remember. Good enough bloke, odd choice of combat though." See If I can shoot a message through to him about the bounty, then ask about any jobs he may have for me.

[4-2=2] - Taric's contacts turn up with nothing. You don't contact the Baron, he contacts you. He's cut off contact with everyone, probably to stop anyone from giving away his location. This isn't making Taric's job any easier. What a shame.

Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Akhain Gazhorn
"I'm listening." Akhain licks his lips slightly, his body tensed and his bionic eye flicking around the room. He turns around, slowly surveying the area around him. He didn't survive so long by being complacent in the face of unexpected circumstances. "What is your offer?"

[3] - 'Excellent, I knew you'd listen to sense.' the man on the screen says. 'It might surprise you, but Earth is very interested in the new planetary government. We'd like to... no, you're a busy man, I'll be blunt. We want you to spy on key members of the Republic for us, and send weekly reports. We will also require you to execute missions for us if need be. This may interfere with your usual business, but will pay for your financial losses. We believe a man of your skills could be very useful in such tasks. I believe it goes without saying we will require the utmost secrecy and silence.'

'So, what say you? Please answer quickly, Mr Gazhorn. We are both busy men.'

Spoiler: Talarion (click to show/hide)

Systar
Go to the Black Market and look for devices, implants, explosives, and anything else that helps with bypassing locks or making me faster.  Also see if anyone has intel on her security.

[3] - Systar finally gets online and connects to the Black Market. He begins looking through their lists for anything he needs. [2] There isn't any information available on the Consul on the black market right now, unfortunately. They'll look into it for tomorrow.

Spoiler: Devices and Explosives (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Implants (click to show/hide)
---

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Gaosaron
Feeling like utter crap, Gao sank into his computer chair wearily. Sitting around wasn't going to earn him fame or fortune, though, so he went ahead and opened his in-box. Maybe there would be some new offers to try out.

[1] - Gao collapses in his chair, trying to force his eyes to keep open. It's to no avail. He soon drifts to sweet, merciful sleep.

He wakes to the drumming of rain against the hotel window. He's not sure how long he was out, but is glad he got home before that. Blegh. Right, jobs.

Spoiler: SeriousConcentrate (click to show/hide)

Subject 971
Pretend to sound interested in his offer while feigning retreat. Shoot him with the flare gun as soon as soon as I can.

[4] - 'Yeah, we're both professionals here.' Fashuk says, hesitating a bit. He's not fully trusting him. [4-1=3] 971 sees the diplomat's hand drop to his revolver as he backs away. 971 repeats the act with his Flare Gun. This could very well decide the fate of the battle. He just needs to be faster.

[1]vs[2] Both combatants fumble with their weapons, but Fashuk draws faster. He takes a step backwards, snaps the safety off and pulls the trigger. The Aurora Revolver hisses, [Dodge:5] but is far off its mark. 971 drops to one knee [1] but still has no idea how the Flare Gun is used. [1] Fashuk hesitates and runs out of the courtyard, to a side alley hugging the cliffside.

[2]vs[3] 971 follows cautiously, Flare Gun ready. He peers out of the courtyard just in time to see Fashuk disappear inside the next house in line. How does the fool think he'll get out of there? Through the rooftops? Better act fast in any case.

Enemies

Spoiler: Fashuk (click to show/hide)
---

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Zara
Zara made a cross across his body, adn whispered silently "God protect me from those who seek to kill me. I your vessel, and humble servant beg for your aid." with that he poped out, and opened fire upon the guards after shooting several times Zara rolled back into cover, and activated his cloaking device sneaking to another spot while watching for guards.

[6] - Despite Zara's quite loudly spoken prayers, the guards fail to notice him. Their first and last mistake, then. [4] Zara throws himself to the path of the soldiers and opens fire with the Widowmaker. [Dodge:2] The shotgun budges violently with the shot, the heavy slug slamming into the first Guard's torso and [Damage:28] caves it in. Fragments push inside his stomach for more pain, but he seems unfazed. [2+2=4] Without a word, he drops low and returns fire with the Carbine. [Dodge:6-1=5] Zara is long gone, running down the archives. Hurried footsteps from behind tell him it's time to go. He takes a sharp turn into another path guarded on both sides by tall databases and rushes through it.

[2] The wipe isn't complete yet, but they won't be able to stop it that quickly, right? It's time to go! [3] Zara hears a frenzied shout from behind him and turns again, [Dodge:4-1=3] but not before another hail of bullets rips apart his back. [Damage:21-12=9] He ignores the pain and presses on. Where the hell is that exit again?

Enemies

Spoiler: Short Republican Guard (click to show/hide)
---

Spoiler: adwarf (click to show/hide)

Achutugu-osha
Quote from: choobakka AI
Move it.

[3] - Achutugu follows her allies through the stampeding crowd, only barely getting through unscathed. She ends up on the other side of the fountain from her allies, and is about to rejoin them when the shooting starts. [4][2+1=3] Brass is the first of them to be targeted, [Dodge:4] but the burst goes wide and clatters against the floor at his feet. The big man steps back and [5+2=6] without flinching returns fire. [Dodge:1][Damage:2+2=4] The Snaplock is pathetic at long range, and it shows. The bullet ricochets from the guard's scalp. He blinks, and erupts in booming laughter.

[4][3+1+1=5] Brass doesn't have time to react, though, as the next volley is already heading his way from the furred guard's weapon. [Dodge:4] Similarily, they hammer into the ground around his feet without any actual hits. Either the man was born lucky, or these guards are the worst shots in history. [6] Brass turns the pistol in silence and fires again. [Dodge:4+1=5] The upper floor balcony wall saves him from getting hit by the fearsome Snaplock.

[1][4][Dodge:3+1=4] While the others are focused on Brass, the third guard tries to take a shot at Dorne. He avoids the burst with ease, [3] and returns fire enthuastically. [Dodge:5+1=6] The wall suffers his wrath, but the guard is spared.

Then it is the time for their counter-attack. Dorne issues the order on their shared comm channel, and [3][5] is the first to fire. [Dodge:5+1=6] It really is unfair that they're using cover. [6][Dodge:1+1=2] The woman's return fire catches the bounty hunter by surprise. [Damage:7] He grunts and roars curses at the guards above. [2][4] The masked bounty hunter chooses the furred alien as his target and lets loose a volley with his Inferno. [Dodge:4+1-1=4] Even the marksman is stopped by the magical balcony he's using as cover. [4+1+1=6][Dodge:1] The SMG return fire hammers on his mask, [Damage:4+6=10] breaking it apart at parts. The silent hunter bellows in pain, his first noise all evening.

[1][5] Tahada's Widowmaker shot at the tattooed guard [Dodge:3] strikes his shoulder, [Damage:2-1=1] but the shotgun is even more pathetic at this range and the man simply continues laughing. [3+1=4] The tattooed guard aims and returns fire calmly, [Dodge:4+1=5] and scores a bullseye - on one of the statues in the fountain. [1][5+2=6] He's briefly interrupted by Brass' [Dodge:4] missed shot. [1+1=2]

[2][1] Finally, it's Achutugu's chance to fire. She's too shocked by the sheer speed of the firefight to react, unfortunately, simply standing slackjawed staring at the bullets. [2+1+1=4][Dodge:3] The second guard is more than eager to use that to his advantage and scores [Damage:6-6=0] a glancing shot that she barely notices.

There is a brief pause in the combat, and the bounty hunters, previously frozen in place by shock and returning fire, now rush towards whatever cover they can find. The crowd behind them has reached a whole new level of panic, screaming and running towards the exits and elevators. A few head towards the stairs but turn away upon witnessing the firefight.

Enemies

Spoiler: Furred Security Guard (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Human Security Guard (click to show/hide)

Allies

Spoiler: Dorne (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Silent Hunter (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tahada (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Brass (click to show/hide)
---

Spoiler: choobakka (click to show/hide)

---

Dwarmin, maybe you should just give up modern weapons altogether? Or read the instructions to them first?

Whew, big battles are always fun. The most frustrating part of that is actually removing ammo from inventories after each shot. I keep forgetting to do that, gnnh.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nowhere To Run - A Futuristic Bounty Hunter RTD - Turn 12
« Reply #233 on: July 09, 2011, 07:28:49 am »

Find the exit, and run activate stealth, and shoot any guard I see, but keep running.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 09, 2011, 07:32:04 am »

Gao shook his head, yawned, and stretched. Maybe he had needed the sleep, but what a waste of time! The computer was still on, so he checked his inbox for job offers.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 09, 2011, 07:46:01 am »

"Well, I guess I'll have to tell him in person. Head to the Baron's location, taking the railgun, carbine, Thermal blade and first aid kits.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 09, 2011, 08:44:52 am »

OOC: When you mentioned 'inexperienced', you weren't joking!  Just pull the trigger 971! :'(

Pursue, and hit him with the flaregun when possible.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Talarion

• Bay Watcher
  • Cold as ice.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 09, 2011, 08:58:17 am »

"What kind of money are we talking here?" He was less cautious now, treating this like a job offer. He was still alert, but more open now.
Fate/Stay Night: OOC thread - Serious talk about the canon characters' bisexuality, gravity rape, Noble Phantasm balance, Tiruin's character level of dumbness versus naivete, how sick and tainted my mind is, linguistics and much more.

What more do you need?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 09, 2011, 12:22:19 pm »

Quick questions:

If I want to buy something later, can I just snag it in one turn? (IE "I go to the Black Market and buy XYZ")

Do similar and/or identical implants stack?  (IE the +2 version of my current implant)

Would multiple Thermal Blades share an inventory slot?

What counts as a combat roll?

(If I'm going to do the big job, I need to be prepared.)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 09, 2011, 12:36:11 pm »

Quick questions:

If I want to buy something later, can I just snag it in one turn? (IE "I go to the Black Market and buy XYZ")

Do similar and/or identical implants stack?  (IE the +2 version of my current implant)

Would multiple Thermal Blades share an inventory slot?

What counts as a combat roll?

Yup, as long as you can get to the black market (ie, not if you're in battle or pursued, durr).

+2 implants replace the +1 one, and you can't have more than one of the same implant.

Yes, they will share the inventory slot. It's kinda silly they don't recharge, but blame the corporations.

Combat rolls are actually starting an attack or counter-attacking. If you fail a combat roll, you don't get to shoot/strike/throw grenade/use device due to incompetence, cowardice, hesitation, or, as in Dwarmin's case, not understanding how to pull the trigger.

Because I haven't explained how combat in turns works properly; first, the attacker does a combat roll. If successful, the defender then tries to dodge, etc, etc. 1 on a Roll To Dodge gives a 30% bonus to damage taken and 3 a similar 30% penalty. 5 gives you a +1 to next dodge and 6 a -1, but I don't usually remember to use those.

Then the defender gets a chance to counter-attack, as long as he can. Obviously someone without a gun can't counterattack to a rifle shot unless they're really close. The defender makes a combat roll, and blah blah blah look above. Even if the attacker fails his combat roll, the defender gets to counter-attack. As long as he's trying to attack. Then the defender gets to attack, and his target can also try to counter-attack. The counterattacks are there just to speed up combat.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 58