Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How rare are regenerating beasts?  (Read 3083 times)

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How rare are regenerating beasts?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2011, 09:21:42 pm »

it was a forbidden door.

Hint:

[BUILDING_DESTROYER:1] will do that.  Nothing special.

Err, yes.

I thought it had eaten a constructed wall that had been turned into a fortification, but it was actually a door.

Suprise and caution turned into realization that the beastie worked with expected behavior :P
How did I miss the existence of this thread?
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2011, 11:54:49 pm »

Err, yes.

I thought it had eaten a constructed wall that had been turned into a fortification, but it was actually a door.

Suprise and caution turned into realization that the beastie worked with expected behavior :P

???
I didn't think you could turn constructed walls into fortifications.  I thought you had to deconstruct and reconstruct.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 12:11:47 am »

Err, yes.

???
I didn't think you could turn constructed walls into fortifications.  I thought you had to deconstruct and reconstruct.

Sure, you construct a wall then you carve fortifications into it.

Just like natural rock walls, except you don't have to smooth it first.
(Don't attempt to answer that.  Down that path lies ... well I was going to say madness but you all run towards madness as if it was made from chocolate and puppies.  Just forget I said anything.)

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 07:15:45 am »

Wow, learn something new everyday, just tried it in the .18 fort I'm playing in, and that worked.

Farmerbob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 12:25:38 pm »

Wow, learn something new everyday, just tried it in the .18 fort I'm playing in, and that worked.

This feature is extremely handy when installing trap systems.  Put constructed rock fortifications in front of floodgates to keep building destroyers away, for instance.  Or put critterfilters on water source tunnels that are dug through dirt.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 02:59:30 pm »

or to just have a floor on top to stop fliers
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.
Pages: 1 [2]