Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Roll to Dig - Terraria RTD - Now with 400% more an update  (Read 18401 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dig - Terraria RTD - Welcome to the Corruption
« Reply #135 on: June 10, 2011, 04:15:06 pm »

LifeThe RNG giveth and life the RNG taketh away.

I guess I just have to kill the bugger if he hasnt digested the boomerang. I attack the devorer when he pops out again.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 10, 2011, 05:00:32 pm »

It was unintentional. :P

I don't really play DF, but it must have had an impact to still be influencing my subconscious after all these years!

Cerapa, what do you attack it with?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 10, 2011, 10:02:32 pm »

freeformschooler
Attempt to help Ahra out.
[3]
You climb down to assist, but it appears the Ahra is finished digging for the moment, and you're not sure exactly what you should be doing to help without getting in the way again.

Ahra
contine down to stone whilst making an ramp downwards.
[1]
You are currently busy lying on the ground, dazed by the guy who just dropped on your head. You also take note of the fact that you have already reached stone, since just under the dirt of your small room is more of the strange stone that throws off clumps of darkness occassionally.

Nirur
I shoot the eater once.
[3] -> [3]+1(aiming)-(1-1) = 4
You pull out your bow, and quickly fire a fairly clumsy shot at the Eater of Souls before it can strike again. It connects, and the creature, already struggling, falls to the ground.
[5][6]
You walk over, recovering both arrows from the corpse.

Sean
Whew, temporarily safe. Okay, get out of hole and survey the surroundings. Look around for any patch of land that doesn't seem corrupted - anything green, really. If that worm or any of the eaters approach, throw some more shurikens at them.
[6]
The worm you were fighting appears to have lost you, and all is quite from the direction of the tree. It's not far, though, so best to keep an eye out... You DO see Cerapa tangling with a devourer of his own, however, and quickly launch some of your shurikens to assist!
(+1 dice from fortress, +1 to hit from great circumstance)
[3][3][6][3] -> [6]-(2-1)+1 = 6 - Critical hit! 24-2=22 damage to the head!
Glancing blow to the body and tail, 4 damage a piece!
[3][1][5][2] -> [5](hits... [body]) 12-2=10 damage. Glancing blow to tail, 4 damage. Shot comes close to hitting Cerapa[4], but passes harmlessesly through his shirt sleeve without dealing any damage. He doesn't even notice.
Devourer 2 Head: Damage Taken: 22 damage.
Devourer 2 Body: Damage Taken: 4+10= 14 damage.
Devourer 2 Tail: Damage Taken: 4 damage.

Cerapa
I attack the devorer when he pops out again.
[4]
The creature quickly erupts from the ground once more, and you are there, swinging wildly at it with your pick.
[2][6] -> [6] Critical hit!(hits... [head]) 8-2=6 damage!
[3][6] -> [6] Critical hit!(hits... [body]) 8-2=6 damage! Glancing Blow to [tail]. 2-2=0 damage!
Devourer 2 Head: Damage Taken: 6 damage.
Devourer 2 Body: Damage Taken: 6 damage.
You have discovered a potential! You have unlocked Pick On This! Lv1. Ignore a point of penalty when using picks, and attempting to mine and fight on the same turn no longer gives a penalty to combat actions!
You also notice a flurry of shuriken fly by you, ripping deep cuts in its flesh, coming from the fortification. The Devourer, however, is not content to simply let you swing at it, hissing and biting at you, [5] and you [3] are unable to get out of the way in time. His attack hurts you quite badly, sending you flying [5] towards the fortifications, at least.
Damage Taken: 22 damage.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

By now, Cerapa should have discovered a potential! He has unlocked Potential Discovering Lv1. Guarantees a new skill every turn.

I mean, this is getting silly.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He's only got one more potential unlocked than most of the other players. :P

Which means if he continues on at this rate, he'll eventually have 20 when everyone else is getting their 10th. ;)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile

Sweeeet. Quite silly indeed though.

I run for the fortification and attack the devourer again when it shows up.

And these guys are gonna keep spawning, we gotta run away.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

well try to find a place down here to go deeper that dont require an golden pick to dig
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

well try to find a place down here to go deeper that dont require an golden pick to dig
Actually, I think ebonstone needs demonite+.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I re-enter the fortified position and stand guard with my sword.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Attempt to build up the ceiling and walls of the fortifications even better.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Actually, I think ebonstone needs dynomite+.
It does.

Hurhurhur.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Whoo, okay, lets do an updoot then.

...WORKING...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile

Oy, I got interrupted posting an action and forgot I hadn't posted it.

Okay, uh, let's see...

Save the shurikens for now, take out that mallet and assist Cerapa. Let's play some Whack-a-Worm.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I was all ready to post, but thanks to that it's going to have to wait until I drop someone off. Expect it within an hour or so.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cerapa
I run for the fortification and attack the devourer again when it shows up.
[3]
As you run for the fortifications, you see them collapse in a cloud of putrid smoke. You get closer to spawn before the worm catches up with you, but you get no defensive bonus. You swing your pick at the creature.
[6][4] -> [6], critical hit versus [head], 12-2=10 damage. [4], solid hit versus [body], 6-2=4 damage.
[3][2] -> [3], glancing blow to body, 2-2=0 damage.
Devourer 2 Head: Damage Taken: 10 damage.
Devourer 2 Body: Damage Taken: 4 damage.
The worm retaliates, diving slightly before bursting forth and hurtling itself at you[6]! You try to dodge[3], but were so intent on dealing damage you just couldn't react fast enough! The worm hits you hard, sailing past Sean, who gives it a couple whacks with his hammer before it dives undergound[Ahra]. You hear a yell of surprise from under the dirt!

Ahra
[4]
You find a spot that looks promising, digging sideways until the ebonstone ends, when the tunnel grows incredibly dark. Just as you realize the entrance has collapsed, dirt begins falling on you and the ceiling suddenly bursts, raining rampaging worm death[5]. You try to dodge out of the way[4], but didn't have nearly enough forewarning. It hits you hard.

Nirur
I re-enter the fortified position and stand guard with my sword.
[2]
You get there, but the position is no longer fortified, having collapsed into a pile of dust, and the worm has already dissapeared underground.

Freeformschooler
Attempt to build up the ceiling and walls of the fortifications even better.
[1]
You try to help by improving the fortifications and building a dirt ceiling, but you screw it up bad. The entire structure collapses down around your head, and[4] Sean barely manages to drag you from the collapsing dirthouse as the area turns into a mound of debris. You notice the collapsing fortifications have also filled up the entrance to Ahra's hole.

Sean
Save the shurikens for now, take out that mallet and assist Cerapa. Let's play some Whack-a-Worm.
[6]
You whip out your hammer, and prepare yourself for battle as freeformschooler busily works around you. You suddenly realize the inherent instability of his attempt, and pull him out just in time, tossing him safely to the ground outside. You hear the sound of the worm growing closer, and rush out to meet Cerapa and assist, your hammer swooshing through the air. 7
[2][5] -> [5] Hit versus the [tail. 7-2=5 damage.
[6][5] -> [6] Critical hit versus the [tail]. 14-2=12 damage!
Devourer 2 Tail: Damage Taken: 5+12=17 damage.
You discover a potential! Hammertime! Ignore a point of penalty when fighting with hammers, and ignore fighting penalties from attempts to break things and fight on the same turn!
Devourer health remaining: Head:32, Body:82, Tail:79

New Rule - Aiming!
You can attempt to aim explicitly for a particular enemy section or enemy in a tight group, at a -1 penalty. When rolling for section, you only hit the wrong section on a 1 (and the dice will then be rerolled as normal). Might be useful for taking out these Devourers!

New Rule - Improving Weapon Skills!
Once you've gained skill with a weapon or tool, leveling it up requires an increasing numbers of 6s! You will need 2 6s to reach level 2, three to reach lv3, and so on!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 04:53:59 pm by GlyphGryph »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16