Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21

Author Topic: Third Party Mafia 3 - Game Over: Assassinated  (Read 36450 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Third Party Mafia 3 - Day 1: Royal Meet-Up
« Reply #195 on: June 13, 2011, 01:18:36 pm »

Think:
In the worst case, where we fail to lynch the mafia or SK and Cult is successful every night,  on day 3 we'd be at 3 cult members and 6 people alive, which is a win. Even without that, that's 3 people working together in 8 or 9 people, the rest of which are almost guaranteed to be infighting. That's extremely powerful, and the Cult should be a very high priority. Granted, the highest priority is pretty much constantly 'don't lynch the Jester, nightkill the Martyr, lynch or nightkill Town', but that's a given.

Cult can't win with SK or Mafioso alive.

If you were 95% sure PlayerX was SK and 95% sure PlayerY was the cult leader, which would you vote first?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 13, 2011, 01:20:14 pm »

Wait, so lyncher and assassin still win if a culted town dies?

Wuba, can you confirm this?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 13, 2011, 01:25:33 pm »

Think:
In the worst case, where we fail to lynch the mafia or SK and Cult is successful every night,  on day 3 we'd be at 3 cult members and 6 people alive, which is a win. Even without that, that's 3 people working together in 8 or 9 people, the rest of which are almost guaranteed to be infighting. That's extremely powerful, and the Cult should be a very high priority. Granted, the highest priority is pretty much constantly 'don't lynch the Jester, nightkill the Martyr, lynch or nightkill Town', but that's a given.

Cult can't win with SK or Mafioso alive.

If you were 95% sure PlayerX was SK and 95% sure PlayerY was the cult leader, which would you vote first?

Ah, point. Still, it's an unfavorable situation for everyone else, no matter what. PlayerY, without question. Kills can incidentally be useful with taking out roles like Jester, Lyncher, Assasin, or Cult Leader (if I'm wrong), but a cult benefits no one but the cult.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 13, 2011, 01:29:09 pm »

Ah, ok.  You're either Mafia or SK, and therefore safe to get rid of.

Think0028.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 13, 2011, 01:34:24 pm »

Ah, ok.  You're either Mafia or SK, and therefore safe to get rid of.

Think0028.

Hmm? What's your logic there? That's a rather unusual conclusion to reach, especially considering I'd give the same answer as pretty much any role, but I can think of several roles in particular I'd definitely give the same answer as. Do you think I'm making a big deal of cult since I'm actually immune?

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 13, 2011, 01:37:17 pm »

Think:
I think you're one of them because you're so focused on getting rid of the cult.  But since you bring up the immunity bit, that just tells me you're in that same mindset.

...but I can think of several roles in particular I'd definitely give the same answer as.

Which ones are those?

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 13, 2011, 01:45:48 pm »

Think:
I think you're one of them because you're so focused on getting rid of the cult.  But since you bring up the immunity bit, that just tells me you're in that same mindset.

...but I can think of several roles in particular I'd definitely give the same answer as.

Which ones are those?

Lyncher (a smaller field means it's more likely for me to push a lynch on my target), Assassin (I want my target to be nightkilled), and Martyr (I want to be nightkilled) are a few that leap to mind. Also, Ally and Brother, but those are about on the same level as Mafia and SK, so I doubt you much care. I concede that wasn't a Survivor or Jester response, and I have no idea what a Watcher could possibly want to drag this game out.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 13, 2011, 01:48:10 pm »

So... three other roles that are good ones to lynch?

Yeah, let's hang you.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 13, 2011, 01:50:37 pm »

Dammit Think you really got to get more logic into there.
What would your strategies be for those roles that you mentioned?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 13, 2011, 01:56:21 pm »

So... three other roles that are good ones to lynch?

Yeah, let's hang you.

C'mon, what roles AREN'T good to lynch here? Town and Jester end the game, Ally, Brother,and Watcher are wasted. Half the players here deserve to die, it's more a question of order than anything else.

Dammit Think you really got to get more logic into there.
What would your strategies be for those roles that you mentioned?

Lyncher I'd dunno, as a Town claim could seriously cause problems for me. Assassin as far as I can tell is almost blind luck, but I'd try my best to go aggressive on my target and accusing them of Cult Leader when someone else is being bandwagoned. All I'd need to do is convince the SK or Mafia to kill them, and it's easier to fool one person than a whole town. Martyr I'd be suspicious as hell while someone else is being bandwagoned.

Do you have problems with these?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 13, 2011, 01:59:17 pm »

Just slightly.
These are the "obvious" reasons, but then we get into WIFOM-style reasons ("wait why's he so suspicious?" etc.), you're experienced enough to know that, right?
I don't know what else to ask.
Wait a sec, how would town end the game? Scum has to get rid of cult as well to win, and visa versa as well.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 13, 2011, 02:02:26 pm »

Just slightly.
These are the "obvious" reasons, but then we get into WIFOM-style reasons ("wait why's he so suspicious?" etc.), you're experienced enough to know that, right?
I don't know what else to ask.
Wait a sec, how would town end the game? Scum has to get rid of cult as well to win, and visa versa as well.

Long as the lyncher's alive, Town lynch ends the game. What are you talking about with WIFOM there? All three roles require subtle manipulation, and require adapting to the situation at hand. Hardly something I can sum up in a response to a post throwing a weak FoS on me.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2011, 02:03:39 pm »

Wait, does lyncher target only vanilla town?
Then that really does suck.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 13, 2011, 05:36:32 pm »

Max:  Did you find your target yet?
Well I was thinking Panda. Although there has been a good case made against Think since I have been gone. Umm, hard to say, so no, I'm not sure of who I'm voting for at the end of the day, but I will keep my vote on until I see a more reasoning. The pressure alone should be useful, hopefully.

Yea, if the day ends today, I realy do think were going to need to extend. Any objections?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 13, 2011, 06:28:25 pm »

Extend
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21