Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21

Author Topic: Third Party Mafia 3 - Game Over: Assassinated  (Read 36457 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Third Party Mafia 3 - Day 1: Royal Meet-Up
« Reply #180 on: June 13, 2011, 06:18:19 am »

Ok, that could be smart! And while I am going to maths lessons, you should read a book on how to scum, because you really did just give away Panda and yourself.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 13, 2011, 06:23:25 am »

lol wut srsly i dinna nou dat

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 13, 2011, 06:28:26 am »

Ye gods, you sound like all those people who wanted the LHC to get shut down.

"It will either destroy the world by creating a black hole or it doesn't. Therefore,  there's a 50% chance for each. SHUT IT DOWN!!!111"

That's not math. That's an opinion.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 13, 2011, 08:58:54 am »

Max:
Well I don't see how the watcher would be pleased with any lynch, as it would bring the game a step closer to closing earlier then intended, but letting scum take hold isn't on my list of things to do.

Now, if Jim is the Jester, where does that leave Panda?

The watcher wants at least one killing role gone.

That was a reaction test.  Not sure on Pandar unless Dariush is tied to him.  (associative tell, even weaker this game, useless D1)

Jim:
I am doing things.  I'm testing people's reactions, like yours.  You favor action over passivity, which is informative.

Dariush:
Goddammit. Pandar's behaviour is obviously Jester-y. If it wasn't for this, he would indeed have an equal chance to be every role, but since he is attempting to look like Jester, he may either be or not be one, which gives us a roughly 50/50 chance. Learn to math.

My brain hurts.

Here's a thought- Assassin would want to accuse people of being the Jester to encourage the killing roles to target him.

LNCP and TolyK:  Do you think the game will end after a lynch or after the night?

Darvi:  If you were cult, who would you recruit?

Max:  Did you find your target yet?

Pandar:
I'd recommend Powder Miner. He seems to have some sort of delusion that I'm the watcher.

How's that make him a good NK target?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 13, 2011, 09:41:59 am »

LNCP and TolyK:  Do you think the game will end after a lynch or after the night?
Possibly. This game mafia has to be very careful of Martyrs to not NK (right?), but town does too. The Jester card works here well for mafia, so we need to be more careful. Not lynching might be OK, but that helps the watcher.  :-\ I think we should extend as far as possible.

Sorry for not exactly hunting, but I am sadly more busy this summer than usual  :(
I'll try to get more stuff done now to have time later...

Also this "math" stuff is BS. Mafia is about fuzzy logic, not 1+1=10  :P [/programmer joke]
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 13, 2011, 10:51:11 am »

Shrug, Jim says it's cool, so it probably is. Unvote, vote Pandarsenic. I like these odds.

Appeal to authority, which suggests that you are on his team or believe he is on your team.

Currently, I think either Pandarsenic or Jim Groovester are jester.
I'm leaning towards Pandar being jester, because of a slightly higher probability in my mind due to Think's appeal to authority.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 13, 2011, 10:55:34 am »

Le gasp, I have been found out! How terrible! Super: is that grounds to lynch me? If I'm on Jim's team, then I'm obviously a role that's on a team, right? There aren't too many of those, and it's advantageous to lynch all but the town. Do I look town to you?
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2011, 11:01:45 am »

Think:
Le gasp, I have been found out! How terrible! Super: is that grounds to lynch me? If I'm on Jim's team, then I'm obviously a role that's on a team, right? There aren't too many of those, and it's advantageous to lynch all but the town. Do I look town to you?

So you're saying we should lynch you?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 13, 2011, 11:13:16 am »

I'd rather not be lynched, I'm trying to make Super think through his accusations. If he's going to try to reveal my hand, I want to see more of his.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 13, 2011, 11:43:48 am »

I'd rather not be lynched, I'm trying to make Super think through his accusations. If he's going to try to reveal my hand, I want to see more of his.

Actually, it's of no consequence to you. It's only of consequence to Jim and Pandar, I'm not going to lynch you for it and if someone does, then they are stupid.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 13, 2011, 12:10:52 pm »

Welp

LNCP: Yes this setup will be difficult, as unless I'm culted, I won't really be able to rely on anyone else for help. Even as town, normally, there's the comfort of knowing that out there, there are innocent people with the same goal as you. Here, while we have similar short term goals (kill the Cultist, (probably) kill the SK), I have to try to progress those while actually working at a cross purpose to everyone else. As for questions, who would you lynch given a choice so far?

I honestly don't know yet.

Jim Groovester, if you were scum, what faction would you want to eliminate first? The last?

SK, then Cult. SK, because he might kill me, Cult because having a giant unanimous voting block at the end of the game would suck. It might be smart to shoot for the Cult first, so that they can't get the ball rolling. Even by Day 3, a three member cult can be pretty damaging.

Martyr, for obvious reasons.

Is Cult generally this bad, or is their effect magnified by the game setup somehow?

One for you:  If the cult was still around on D3, would you try to get recruited?

Same question to LNCP.

If they stood a fair chance of winning, then I'd consider it. It'd be nice to be able to increase the chances of a win, but I wouldn't know if it'd be as fun as Cult.

Okay, this is all fun and great and everything, but absolutely jack shit is happening. Everybody, should we lynch somebody today, and if we should, what third party should we be trying to hit?

Cult, for reasons stated, or SK or Mafia, since removing the chance for potential deaths is probably a good idea right now.

TolyK, will you find anyone hard to read or investigate? Why?
I'm not sure. Darvi and BDtheMag are always hard to read for me  :P.

Why?

Shrug, Jim says it's cool, so it probably is. Unvote, vote Pandarsenic. I like these odds.

If you're fine with voting someone with the reason "That other guy says it's okay", then you're definitely doing something wrong.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 13, 2011, 12:47:40 pm »

Is Cult generally this bad, or is their effect magnified by the game setup somehow?

Cults are pretty bullshit in general.

But also, they can convert everybody except for three people. And in a game where everybody's pretty much out for themselves, it's easy to see how much bullshit the Cult can really be.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 13, 2011, 12:53:59 pm »

In the worst case, where we fail to lynch the mafia or SK and Cult is successful every night,  on day 3 we'd be at 3 cult members and 6 people alive, which is a win. Even without that, that's 3 people working together in 8 or 9 people, the rest of which are almost guaranteed to be infighting. That's extremely powerful, and the Cult should be a very high priority. Granted, the highest priority is pretty much constantly 'don't lynch the Jester, nightkill the Martyr, lynch or nightkill Town', but that's a given.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 13, 2011, 12:55:53 pm »

Thing is, it's hard not killing one of those roles if they don't claim. And none of those would want to claim since a) if they're Jester or Martyr they'd lose because nobody would bother with them anymore and b) town would be instantly recruited and then killed next day.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 13, 2011, 01:01:10 pm »

Not true for Town: just because they're culted doesn't mean Lyncher and Assassin don't win off of them. This makes Town valuable to cult, as it means only the Lyncher would have any interest in voting them whatsoever. In summary, townie probably shouldn't claim unless they're on the chopping block to prevent a loss for almost everyone. You're guaranteed to be culted if the cult's still active, and you'll probably die the instant the Lyncher or Assassin die, but hey! Could be worse.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21