Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 856559 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread
« Reply #8640 on: December 21, 2011, 03:21:14 am »

More likely it's just me remembering wrong.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8641 on: December 21, 2011, 11:25:47 am »

you know, i think that those members of the afa should try a concentration camp for a couple of weeks.
either they come out sane, or they don't come out at all. Problem solved.

I sincerely hope you aren't sincere.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8642 on: December 21, 2011, 11:33:32 am »

you know, i think that those members of the afa should try a concentration camp for a couple of weeks.
either they come out sane, or they don't come out at all. Problem solved.

maybe i overdid it. but i do believe in the eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth.
and it's sincerely getting on my nerves all this homophobic stuff i'm seeing around.
but i must be superior to certain type of peoples, so i'll retract my previous statement.

on another thing which quite frankly gets me angry as hell:
french mother arrested for a baby corpse of two month found in her fridge. it was two years old.
i mean...a 35 year old mother, has a baby corpse in her fridge for two years.
the kid...adoptions please? are french kind of ... "not knowledgeable" in the parenting stuff?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8643 on: December 21, 2011, 11:34:34 am »

The french are smart? :P

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8644 on: December 21, 2011, 11:37:28 am »

Do recall that shadeknight believes he should be dictator because he'd be able to make the trains run on time, and without any sort of irony. :/

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8645 on: December 21, 2011, 11:40:11 am »

Do recall that shadeknight believes he should be dictator because he'd be able to make the trains run on time, and without any sort of irony. :/

stop using the K!
it's shadenight!

*in the far future*

"so, what made you become a dictator?"
"you see, a lot of people were using K in my nickname on the forums, it was shadenight, and they were using shadeknight. and that finally ticked me off one day"
"so you conquered the world for a k?"
"precisely. now if you'll excuse me, i have to catch a perfectly in time train. they called me mad, i showed them who was mad!"

on a second note: not only for the trains on time, but i do believe anyone as a dictator would be better than the current democracy in italy.
anyone.
except parlament deputies or senate members or anyone already involved in politics.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8646 on: December 21, 2011, 11:45:05 am »

the kid...adoptions please? are french kind of ... "not knowledgeable" in the parenting stuff?

First you talk about putting people into "concentration camps" and now I can honestly say you're irritating me a little by immediately jumping to nation-bashing upon reading a story of someone committing a terrible crime. Would you mind exercising a little more editorial judgment in what you post, for your sake and ours?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8647 on: December 21, 2011, 11:51:41 am »

First you talk about putting people into "concentration camps" and now I can honestly say you're irritating me a little by immediately jumping to nation-bashing upon reading a story of someone committing a terrible crime. Would you mind exercising a little more editorial judgment in what you post, for your sake and ours?

no sorry, my fault, i didn't link both the articles.
it's not just "One case" it already happened with another one, a father who decided the best way to punish it's children was to put it in the washing machine for a couple of hours. and press the button to activate it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2067195/Boy-dies-father-puts-washing-machine-switches-punishment-prank.html
the other one i cannot find an english link for it.
and i was simply trying to change the conversation rails to avoid keeping irritating you, i'm sorry again if you thought it was a try to be biased. i was simply referring both of them as a way to say "what's your opinion on the matter? don't you think it's strange how it seems to always be the french who make it to the headlines with children deaths?".
Again i'll say i'm sorry if i offended you with the "concentration camp" thing. i understand the holocaust was a really really horrible thing that happened, milions were the dead and the after effects are still tangible even now, so, sorry.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8648 on: December 21, 2011, 11:59:30 am »

Again i'll say i'm sorry if i offended you with the "concentration camp" thing. i understand the holocaust was a really really horrible thing that happened, milions were the dead and the after effects are still tangible even now, so, sorry.
I think you're missing the point.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8649 on: December 21, 2011, 12:01:20 pm »

I think you're missing the point.

i asked for forgiveness for more than one thing.
one was clearly the exaggeration on the joke with the afa, the other is because i do tend to get involved with articles i read. so, i simply linked to one of the two articles which i did manage to find in english.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8650 on: December 21, 2011, 12:11:09 pm »

The point, my young apprentice, is that sending people you dislike to concentration camps is nor a nice thing to do, and nor is it to attack whole nationalities. And it's this not-nicedness, not particular historical events, what's alienating the people here.

The moral of the story: you should refrain from expressing such thoughts in public, lest people look at you crossly. This is specially true if you don't actually mean it.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8651 on: December 21, 2011, 12:14:38 pm »

The point, my young apprentice, is that sending people you dislike to concentration camps is nor a nice thing to do, and nor is it to attack whole nationalities. And it's this not-nicedness, not particular historical events, what's alienating the people here.

The moral of the story: you should refrain from expressing such thoughts in public, lest people look at you crossly. This is specially true if you don't actually mean it.

got it. i'll zip my mouth even closer.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8652 on: December 21, 2011, 03:06:08 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/texas-americans-live-wrong-side-border-fence-christmas-183312787.html

Because building a wall is "the answer." :P

*Doesn't stop anyone.
*Cuts off Americans from the rest of America by a huge steel fence.
*Costs $6.2 Million/mile.
*Would you wanna buy a house on the wrong side of that fence? No? They can't sell their houses....

Yet another reason people need to shut the hell up and think before they do things, especially big expensive things with far reaching consequences. "Derp derp, a wall!" <--- Does not work. Too simple, too easy to get around. Too expensive.
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8653 on: December 21, 2011, 03:08:58 pm »

on a second note: not only for the trains on time, but i do believe anyone as a dictator would be better than the current democracy in italy.
anyone.
except parlament deputies or senate members or anyone already involved in politics.
I think you are seriously underestimating how crazy people can be.
Soaplent green is goblins!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8654 on: December 21, 2011, 03:10:32 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/texas-americans-live-wrong-side-border-fence-christmas-183312787.html

Because building a wall is "the answer." :P

*Doesn't stop anyone.
*Cuts off Americans from the rest of America by a huge steel fence.
*Costs $6.2 Million/mile.
*Would you wanna buy a house on the wrong side of that fence? No? They can't sell their houses....

Yet another reason people need to shut the hell up and think before they do things, especially big expensive things with far reaching consequences. "Derp derp, a wall!" <--- Does not work. Too simple, too easy to get around. Too expensive.

What's the point of it all when you're building a wall and in front of your eyes it disappears?
Pages: 1 ... 575 576 [577] 578 579 ... 852