Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 852

Author Topic: Chill and Relaxed Progressive Irritation and Annoyance Thread  (Read 854377 times)

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
Re: Vector's Chill and Relaxed Progressive Rage Thread
« Reply #4080 on: August 21, 2011, 01:22:28 pm »

I'm so totally not into girls, however, "Where is her butt?"

You see that: her left (your right) leg/hip? No, you don't, not all of it, cause it's not there.... And, what's wrong with her butt/leg: not a damn thing. She's a real woman and human and she has a butt and a leg.... She probably eats something once in a while and even then she's in great shape. I would totally not mind having her body at all. Screw the jackass who got ahold of her pictures and thought, I'll have someone take out parts of her body in it to make them impossible....

All this crap does, when it isn't obvious like this, is form impossible expectations in men and women about what females should look like. This is right out there in your face, but they airbrush the shit out of most photos you see. Those women, literally aren't real, or at least they aren't really like that. Makeup is fine, but this? [shivers]

[endrant]
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: August 21, 2011, 01:31:30 pm »

That swimsuit looks like it's trying to choke here...

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: August 21, 2011, 01:36:39 pm »

That swimsuit looks like it's trying to choke here...

It already took part of her butt and leg. Now it's just straight up trying to choke her! Run lady! Run! Miracle suit my ass, that thing is cursed and hungry.... :P
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 01:39:06 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: August 21, 2011, 01:44:10 pm »

Is that any different from advertising creating unrealistic expectation of wealth, health, or anything else? Okay, I understand why this make you mad, but do you think that only that kind of advertising is crass, or didn't I see you raging about any other kind due to pure chance.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: August 21, 2011, 01:47:26 pm »

It's particularly crass because it often targets young girls and raises them in patterns of self-hatred.  Wealth and health are things that primarily affect you as an older person, who's had enough time to figure out what's going.  Most young women don't have much ability to protect themselves from this bullshit, and their parents can see the existence of a new woman in the house as the opportunity to create that girl in the image that their bodies never managed to live up to.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: August 21, 2011, 01:48:07 pm »

Makeup is fine, but this?
Only on certain occasions, though.
Creeps me out, when I see women wearing it in their everyday life.

I really don't like where this "beauty"-trend is going.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: August 21, 2011, 01:54:05 pm »

It's particularly crass because it often targets young girls and raises them in patterns of self-hatred.  Wealth and health are things that primarily affect you as an older person, who's had enough time to figure out what's going.  Most young women don't have much ability to protect themselves from this bullshit, and their parents can see the existence of a new woman in the house as the opportunity to create that girl in the image that their bodies never managed to live up to.

Ditto, to pretty much everything.

Is that any different from advertising creating unrealistic expectation of wealth, health, or anything else? Okay, I understand why this make you mad, but do you think that only that kind of advertising is crass, or didn't I see you raging about any other kind due to pure chance.

Pure chance.

"Buy [product] and you'll be happy and smiley like the Joneseseses over there, you always have to keep up with the Jones-es. $30 for a tee shirt? WORTH IT! It says "G  A  P" on it! YAAAAAY! What's that, just use your credit card silly! Buy a whole big bunch of them. Huh? Wider effects on the economy and how you're being sold a piece of shit?

Don't worry about that...." :D <---- quoting someone who is not a bastard, probably.... Don't question it too closely..... Meh.

It absolutely does piss me off. It makes my job 1000 times harder. Who do you think clients go to, the lawyer who tells them the truth, or the one that sugar coats the shit out of everything? It's dishonest and lying for money. I don't care who you are, you can't read the minds of 12 random jurors who are pissed they couldn't get out of jury duty, so you can't promise a result. Of course, clients love to hear "everything's going to be allll right." Then reality hits. Sometimes they win and sometimes they don't (and sometimes they just plain old did it and are guilty). "Why didn't you tell me?" they all ask the liar. It's entirely your fault client, you wanted to buy the bullshit, you did and that's what you got.

Apply that to the advertising world, "Spend as much money on shit you can't afford to impress people who don't care." [sigh]

That "G   A   P" shirt, cost next to nothing to make and ship.... Why is it $30? Meanwhile it costs a fortune to practice law (rent, research, staff, law school, paper, ink, multiple phone lines, gas to go to court and file papers, etc,etc,etc) but I'm "too expensive." [head...desk]

People's priorities, and the whole economy, are screwed up and the quality goods, lose out to the ones that "look good" but are crap. This is why nothing ever seems to work and shit breaks all the time....

[endrant]
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 02:03:59 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: August 21, 2011, 01:56:55 pm »

Good point Vector. Although I guess it should be classified with other ads that target children/teenagers then.

I am fully behind you on that on Truean, I HATE advertising (already got arrested in a civil disobedience thing against it). As we say over here: consumerism is buying stuff we don't need with money we don't have in order to impress people we don't care about.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: August 21, 2011, 02:00:46 pm »

Truthful advertising would be great, except almost all of it seems to be misleading or in many cases, downright false....

Profit at any cost, immorality, lies, massive instability in the entire world economy.... Screw it, profit....
Except... remember that instability...? :(

Please don't quote me.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: August 21, 2011, 02:05:30 pm »

Ooh, a thing about unrealistic health expectations!

In Finland, a meat producer HK advertised pig meat that was supposedly "Better for your heart" because the pigs had been fed with field mustard. Consumer and marketing officials demanded to see proof for the healthiness claim, because a food product must have proven health effects before they can be presented in marketing.

HK declined. The reason? "Better for your heart" is not a healthiness claim. Eventually, after months of illegal marketing, they gave up. No, they didn't admit they were wrong, just that they got too much negative pressure.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: August 21, 2011, 02:16:09 pm »

clothes rant
To be fair, some companies do charge for better quality clothes. Example being  Ralph Lauren stuff, which is amazingly comfortable and doesn't show wear at all.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 04:33:23 pm by blackmagechill »

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: August 21, 2011, 02:19:08 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-may-ok-tax-increase-obama-hopes-block-124016578.html

So the GOP wants to raise YOUR taxes.... Of course, they don't just want to raise taxes; they want to raise taxes on working people who pay payroll taxes....

Translation from Bullshit to English:
Bullshit~
""It's always a net positive to let taxpayers keep more of what they earn," says Rep. Jeb Hensarling, "but not all tax relief is created equal for the purposes of helping to get the economy moving again." The Texas lawmaker is on the House GOP leadership team."

English~
The GOP tax policy: if it taxes some rich person who gave me money to get here then we should lower it. If it helps the average working person then it isn't good enough of a tax cut and should be allowed to expire. This tax is directly related to jobs and consumer ability to purchase... (customers). O, what does that matter, it doesn't line a rich person's pockets.... "House (of Representatives) GOP Leadership Team...." This is not some rogue moron, this is one of the leaders....

http://news.yahoo.com/10-spending-cuts-1-tax-increases-no-thanks-174255608.html
They said they wouldn't even accept $10 in spending cuts for every $1 in tax increases...These hypocritical bastards held the whole country's finances and economy hostage and nearly shut down the government screaming that they'd never raise taxes under any circumstances.... It's because Obama favors this particular tax cut.... That's the only real reason this is happening. If they thought of this, they'd be patting themselves on the back for it.

"Are you rich? Have a tax break. Are you a working person? Fuck you." ~ Sincerely, the GOP Republicans who want your payroll taxes increased.

They aren't the party of lowering taxes even, they're the party of "everything for the rich."

This particular spokesperson for these douchebags can be reached here: http://hensarling.house.gov/contact/

clothes rant

I'm sure there are some quality clothing outfits out there. I don't know who they are, but I'm sure somewhere they exist.

That said, compare the amount of quality outfitters out there, to the amount of crap outfitters out there.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 02:50:37 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: August 21, 2011, 02:22:36 pm »

Small business support my ass, what ever they say about "Joe the Plumber" or whatever douche they have as a mascot, they don't do anything for a business that is less than nationwide. For some reason this bothers me, that, they are regulating the market by crushing any competition that could arise. But it's what the voters want, right?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: August 21, 2011, 02:37:55 pm »

Doctoring photos is different because there's more of an immediate semblance of reality to them. People are intuitively aware that others will lie to them or mislead them in order to sell them things; they're less aware, on an emotional and intuitive level, that photographs will lie to them, at least as much as they do.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: August 21, 2011, 02:39:15 pm »

But what about depiction not only of impossibly beautiful, but impossibly wealthy, classy or anything?

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 852