Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I think we all know what's coming in .26...  (Read 2074 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
I think we all know what's coming in .26...
« on: June 02, 2011, 10:44:38 pm »

Wasps!

Indeed. You know all the zombie mods will have infecting zombies, but what about wasps? I am just bringing this to attention, I might not actually do this. The wasps could inject a curse that causes zombism and also spawns larva, which would effectively be the wasp. The Lunar Cycles could be involved as well, but are not required.

So feel free to make your own Dorf Rising mod  :P

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I think we all know what's coming in .26...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 12:10:34 am »

I somehow immediately knew this would be related to Dead Rising.

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 10:26:27 am »

Dead Rising?  I was thinking Girl Genius...Slaver Wasps...90% chance of turning victim into a horrible twisted monstrosity...10% chance of giving it super-strength and converting it to your civ.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 10:32:06 am »

What's most exciting to me is the ability to change a creature into another creature with a syndrome.  Did anyone else think Anvil of the Void (DA:O)?

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 10:44:44 am »

holy crap...I did not, but now am!  War Golem Factory!  So much better than a hospital. 

kotekzot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 10:47:50 am »

W40K Dreadnoughts >>> boring DAO golems.
Dwarf Fortress: Where violent death is a renewable resource
Bro, your like... thinking like a square man... its like, the WHOLE lamprey is just like, one big NECK dude, you know? its like hahahaha! dude protect the trees though, seriously. *inhale*... anyways... you like, want this dead black bear, bro?

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 10:53:47 am »

W40K Dreadnoughts >>> boring DAO golems.

Purge the unclean!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 11:50:05 am »

the weregoats will pwn all of your golems! >:D

Kattaroten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 12:06:35 pm »

Wait... We could make mutated dwarves this way! Just mod in a meal made out of pitchblende, lock some of your dwarves in a room and make them eat it... Mutant-dwarf mosh pit... AWESOME!
Dwarf Fortress: You have a team of hundreds working for four years to make a game where you save the world again. We have one guy for four years make a near-infinite world generator, write the physics,generate histories,form detailed descriptions of every human, elf, dwarf, and goblin generated, caverns, and huge randomly generated monsters made out of who knows what. You. guys. suck.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 12:35:55 pm »

At the beginning of the 14th century the Parasol Guild had become the largest commercial entity in the dwarven kingdoms. Nine out of every ten fortresses contain its products. lts political and financial influence is felt everywhere. In public, it is the world's leading supplier of...mechanism technology, soap and healthcare. Unknown even to its own laborers, its superdwarvenly profits are generated by...

military technology,
genetic experimentation
and viral weaponry.

Resident Urist
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

Talanic

• Bay Watcher
  • Struggling author / pizza delivery guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2011, 01:53:11 pm »

I'm waiting for the next version in order to make my Hive mod's next phase.  When it's out, I'm going to make all castes in my Hive have a pop ratio of 0 except the Drone caste - good at hauling and brewing only.

Via various brewing reactions (requiring many expensive components), the player will be able to make Drones into more useful castes, including the Flesh (expert doctors), Blood (six-limbed military monstrosities), and Royal (Normal-looking but pick up skills and exercise at 5x normal rate).
I'm an aspiring Science Fiction and Fantasy writer.  I'm telling the tale of a hapless cyborg everyman lost in a savage fantasy world.

My first review from a real magazine!

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 02:59:31 pm »

What's most exciting to me is the ability to change a creature into another creature with a syndrome.  Did anyone else think Anvil of the Void (DA:O)?

I brought up the possibility as a way to create vehicle items and then have reactions to enter or exit the vehicle in a starcraft thread awhile ago.  Also, interactions causing syndromes that cause interactions.  Presumably, you can control which interactions are passed on just by the interaction too.

There's a lot of stuff I'm waiting for in this.  The very limits of interactions and material weaknesses must be tested!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 03:05:20 pm »

Can anyone see a way to create biological weapons that can be wielded against goblins and cave creatures yet? All I can think of are potions that mutate dwarves into poison injectors.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 03:18:15 pm »

Can anyone see a way to create biological weapons that can be wielded against goblins and cave creatures yet? All I can think of are potions that mutate dwarves into poison injectors.

The  SYN_AFFECTED_CREATURE token allows you to target a specific creature with the syndrome. Transmission to the first victim is another matter, and can be solved with one of the following means:

Making a rock that boils at room temperature. Problems with this include the necessity of dwarven immunity, a small sealed room (The gas dissipates quickly), and multiple applications due to uncertainty in contraction of inhaled syndromes.

Making a bolt that boils at homeotherm temperature, turning into a gas. This requires the bolt be stuck in the goblin before it boils, and will again take multiple applications. See here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=69205.45

Now that vermin making reactions work, you can make an artificial bee that can transmit the syndrome through stinging. Requires a sealed room unless you want to unleash them into the whole map. For more information regarding this see here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=85521.0

Once transmitted, you can possibly make the syndrome take effect and turn the goblin into a zombie capable of transmitting the syndrome through biting other goblins. This will have to wait until .26 is actually released.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 03:20:32 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 03:48:02 pm »

Wait, imagine this. A long corridor floored by a retracting bridge. Under the bridge are grates, and below them is a room with many disease workshops, gas machines, if you will. Goblins enter the corridor and are trapped. The dwarves below spawn syndrome gas and then swiftly evacuate as the bridge is opened. The gas rises up and infects the gobbos it reaches. The infected gobbos become monsters before dying and infect the other gobbos not affected by the gas. As the enemy panics, the gates are opened, and the siege flees back into the ranks of the healthy goblins, infecting them as well.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Pages: [1] 2