Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: I think we all know what's coming in .26...  (Read 2071 times)

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I think we all know what's coming in .26...
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 04:01:01 pm »

Wait, imagine this. A long corridor floored by a retracting bridge. Under the bridge are grates, and below them is a room with many disease workshops, gas machines, if you will. Goblins enter the corridor and are trapped. The dwarves below spawn syndrome gas and then swiftly evacuate as the bridge is opened. The gas rises up and infects the gobbos it reaches. The infected gobbos become monsters before dying and infect the other gobbos not affected by the gas. As the enemy panics, the gates are opened, and the siege flees back into the ranks of the healthy goblins, infecting them as well.

I'm not sure if gas rises Z levels. Also, your dwarves are guaranteed to be infected unless they are immune to the syndrome, given that evaporation will be instantaneous (In fact, due to the fast dissipation, you'll want to bridge open as the gas is being made).

Otherwise, it's an interesting concept with many variations (I use gas chambers with fortifications, as they can't be destroyed by building destroyers, leaving crossbow goblins as the only risk).
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 04:14:57 pm »

On a topic completely unrelated to the various zombie-movie references and such, I hope that kobolds will be toxic in 31.26.

You know, in homage to NetHack.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 05:52:11 pm »

Will X-Com's incredibly annoying Chrysalids be available next release? :D

An X-Com themed mod - ohohohohohohhohohohhooo! I might do this. All we'd need really is aliens in different castes.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 05:55:16 pm by Korbac »

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 06:04:38 pm »

I think polymorph potions are perfect.
Care to stomp those annoying kobolds? Become a bronze collosus for a small time and smash their faces in!
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 06:53:33 pm »

Am I the only one whose first thought was to create a Dwarven version of Blade and become a Goblin-Vampire Hunter?

Dear lord, what if you gave Goblins a poisonous bite that turns those they bite into goblins? 0_O Goblin zombie apocalypse! AAaaaahhh!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 06:56:02 pm by MorleyDev »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2011, 07:02:18 pm »

Am I the only one whose first thought was to create a Dwarven version of Blade and become a Goblin-Vampire Hunter?

Dear lord, what if you gave Goblins a poisonous bite that turns those they bite into goblins? 0_O Goblin zombie apocalypse! AAaaaahhh!
Invasion of the Nuxkabogzut!

AAARRRGGHHHH

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2011, 11:07:00 pm »

You could finally get a Nymph race to work. Through various interactions, a poor Nymph is converted into a Satyr.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 11:32:06 pm »

What's most exciting to me is the ability to change a creature into another creature with a syndrome.  Did anyone else think Anvil of the Void (DA:O)?

This. Would certainly allow me to continue working on my mod, since i've stopped because the main enemy creature corrupts people, changing them into the creature, sorta like the Darkspawn lol.

On the subject of the Dragon Age mod, it would also allow for turning anyone who ingests Darkspawn blood into Ghouls. Hell, make females who get tainted grow into Broodmothers, if they survive. Making them give birth only to certain types of Darkspawn (Dwarven Broodmothers give birth to Genlocks, Elven Broodmothers give birth to Shrieks, Qunari Broodmothers give birth to Ogres, and Human Broodmothers give birth to Hurlocks) might take another release or two after the next one, since AFAIK that sorta capability won't be in the next release.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:44:35 pm by 612DwarfAvenue »
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.
Pages: 1 [2]