Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 70

Author Topic: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread  (Read 65059 times)

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Colonies at War: Hyper Edition: Roleplaying/Discussion Thread
« Reply #360 on: July 08, 2011, 11:48:21 am »

You wound me sir, you have no evidence of any deeds i've done before. My role in F@W barely counts as a basis considering the conditions i worked under.
Everything below this line is a distant memory
------------------------------------------------------
Evil Genius - Round 1 - Concluded
Evil Genius - Round 2 - Scrapped
Planet@War: Starting Soon

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 08, 2011, 11:54:16 am »

So you're saying you're not opportunistic?  ;)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 11:56:55 am by Demonic Spoon »

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 08, 2011, 02:08:37 pm »

Under your definition, anyone who accepts an alliance, trade or makes any move that is to their advantage is an opportunist.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 08, 2011, 03:13:40 pm »

Methinks we are approaching the time of gentle PM reminders to those who havent gotten their turns in.

I was thinking the same thing. PMing ggamer and Criptfiend now.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 12, 2011, 07:30:16 pm »

Criptfiend has PM'd me his turn. I'll probably have the turn ready this week. If you're wondering why the turn is delayed, I am starting up a new Let's Play. You might want to check it out (Or not. It's all good).

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 12, 2011, 11:52:35 pm »

Looking forward to seeing how badly we are ALL DOOMED.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 13, 2011, 01:00:46 pm »

I would like to make a comment here. Although it might be several days too late.

Demonic Spoon obviously does not understand CG. He is cunning, and willing to do what he needs to survive, but he is not without honor and he is not a back stabber. This whole war is not for expansion or anything like that, but rather the fact that we both know at the rate things were going Sheb was going to ether invade us or make us into his pawns. Thus we attacked him, which got his attention (something he seemed loath to part with before) and made the deal with him for peace. Which if you will read the deal and his turn you will see he broke it immediately.

But still after all that CG wanted to be friendly. He wanted to be allies and not enemies with Sheb. He was going to ignore the blatant disregard of our overtures of peace. But I told him not to. I convinced him to go with the next step in this invasion. If anyone is back stabbing and opportunistic here it is Sheb me. It is only cause his respect for me (pro tip here Sheb. Respect is the reason I am attacking you and not helping you beat down CG.) that he attacked Sheb.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: July 13, 2011, 01:57:11 pm »

Could you tell me when I broke my promise please? As for respect, I just don't care at this point. Periods. I shouldn't have joined this game at all, since it was back during the end of my exams session which is... Exhausting around here.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 13, 2011, 03:02:20 pm »

Sheb has amazing powers of diplomacy. Thus, as soon as the world was headed in a direction that would lead to sheb winning, he had to be stopped. As I've said before, i'm not above an alliance of equality. There was also no way, at the rate Sheb was expanding, that that would have happened. The early posturing about land claims meant there was only 1 person on that landmass he might have allied, not 2. Cript and I had a working relationship before, so we used it again here. After seeing the rampant growth of the New Empire in F@W, i'm glad i wasnt the only one planning to attack him.

I can see flaws in your tactics sheb, but i admire how well they've worked so far. I cant honestly say i have anything against you. My own personality just will not allow me to sumbit to an alliance where i would be considered a lesser person to you. Maybe in another game we can rule together, just not in this one.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 13, 2011, 03:08:27 pm »

As I said, I got nothing against you either. I just feel you've overrated my powers, but it's nice to feel appreciated.

Anyway, I really though my deal was okay with you. I'd have restrained my colonization. But I can understand your point: you had, after all, no reasons to trust me. You outsmarted me on this one.

Now, I'm waiting for the next turn. Did you manage to totally screw me over?

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 13, 2011, 10:08:36 pm »

Could you tell me when I broke my promise please?

You waaaaay under funded the tech (then it seems you lowered the funds even more on it) followed by a illegal military buildup (using the funds you promised to help us with) You clearly were not going to follow our deal.

CyberGenesis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 13, 2011, 11:43:46 pm »

The original deal -did- call for nearly twice the amount you allocated into Colonization

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 14, 2011, 03:52:26 am »

Well, I always stated I'd give out the 500,000$ over two turns. As for the build-up, it was only to bring me to the same strength as CG. Had I chosen to fight, I'd have spent those 250,000$ on troops.

And you seem to forget that you already attacked me on the turn before that, breaking the first deal.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 14, 2011, 02:06:47 pm »

Well, I always stated I'd give out the 500,000$ over two turns. As for the build-up, it was only to bring me to the same strength as CG. Had I chosen to fight, I'd have spent those 250,000$ on troops.

I am sorry, but that was not the deal. You adding conditions does not make them true. Hell, it is right in the deal:

with NO addendums or provisions.

And you seem to forget that you already attacked me on the turn before that, breaking the first deal.

I seem to forget, what deal did we have? I am unable to fine one anywhere. Attacking some one is not breaking a deal unless you are in a non aggression pact with them, which none of us were.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 15, 2011, 02:07:06 am »

Well, you clearly stated to me that you would attack CG by PM. :p Also, that province was to be mine under the land agreement we had. So yeah, invading it was breaking a deal.

As for the two-turn part, I said it somewhere right after Terenos' proposition. Everybody seemed to agree. You should have read my post Cript... And since my turn was public you could just have said "Hey, that was not what I agreed to!". You didn't, because you were already sure you wanted to attack me and that deal was just a way to divert me from building up more troops.

I'm okay with you betraying and attacking me because that's the way those kind of games are won. But don't try to make me look like the bad guy with your filmsy excuse.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 70