Do you like internet spaceships?

Yes
- 8 (100%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: December 04, 2011, 07:33:48 pm

Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 151

Author Topic: Kael's [DFC] Server: Bay12 Teamspeak  (Read 174593 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

What broke your terrarias, Haspen?

My graphics card went to waste and Terraria stubbornly says that my integrated chipset (which is just slightly weaker than my previous card) isn't graphics card at all I:
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well this sounds interesting.
I might join up if we get some people online to play with.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where can I get freelancer now? And will it actually run on vista?

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was that the one where the pilot was voiced by Bruce Campbell? I really liked that game.

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was that the one where the pilot was voiced by Bruce Campbell? I really liked that game.

Nah, that was Tachyon: The Fringe.  Also a good game, but not nearly as open-world (is that the right phrase for a space game?) as Freelancer.  Even vanilla Freelancer.  Discovery makes it even more so.  :)
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Having troubles getting Discovery to work. I install it, and when I try to run it, it gives me a "header [Loadout] value equip missing parameter 1".
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile

Did you install the 1.1 patch before Discovery mod? Did you install Discovery to a different folder than the original Freelancer? Are you running the Discovery Folder's .exe and not the original Freelancer?

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Man, it's hard to find freelancer.  I found copies at amazon for 30$, about the same on ebay.  It seems awfully high for a game from 2003.  GOG doesn't have it either.  Anyone have any suggestions?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

This looks fun
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 01:02:58 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Okay, got everything running, and now how do I find where to enter the ip?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go to the discovery mod folders installation. Right click and create a shortcut to freelancer. Exe. Now right click the shortcut and select properties. There should be a line that says 'Target'  there. After the current text type ' -skaelserver.dyndns.org:2302'. Close the properties Page and start the shortcut and go to Multiplayer once the game starts. The [DFC] server will be there if you did it right.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 02:15:39 pm by KaelGotDwarves »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Okay I seem to have it all setup and running alright though you might want to edit the above post to match the OP as in that you say to put '-skaelserver.dyndns.org:2302' and that works. If I hadn't thought to check there I would instead be posting about how I did what you said but it didn't work. Oh and seeing as its after 5 in the morning for me at this point I probably wont be on soon as I have stuff tomorrow or in other words, sucks to be me but life goes on.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds like a nice mod. I'd probably reinstall Freelancer just for this...

One of the most stupid things about Freelancer is how they treated different countries as different levels because of the linear campaign. Basically, Amuhri Liberty sucks because you start there, then Bretonia, Kusari or something and so on, I think Rheinland or some pirate faction was the strongest because it was the last area you visited. And these are supposed to be at war, even if a single shot of the latter completely obliterates a ship from the former.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 12:27:00 pm by Sergius »

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel

Okay I looked around a bit with the little bit of free time I had and is there some kind of beginners guide somewhere? I did not really find anything that seemed to want to help me though it was probably just me failing at Google.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wiki is a good resource: http://discoverygc.com/wiki/Player_Guides

What you basically need to know is that for the sake of roleplay, you are required to use an ID. This is somewhat enforced by the game, as an ID is what is your tractor beam. The ID determines what faction you are in, and generally who will attack you/not attack you is based on your ID and previous encounters with factions (accessible by the Player Status screen- F8).

You will start in Pennsylvania System in Liberty Space. There are a few weak enemies here - Liberty Rogues, but you can still get swarmed and overwhelmed in your starting ship. It is recommended to seek better weapons and ships ASAP. You can start earning money though trade (buying commodities and bringing them elsewhere to sell) or by running missions you find in Bars. You can also sell stuff you get from destroying enemies.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 [144] 145 146 ... 151