Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 90

Author Topic: Dungeons of Dredmor - Patch 1.1.2 is available  (Read 183257 times)

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons of Dredmor - Lutefisk for the Lutefisk God
« Reply #960 on: December 26, 2011, 03:51:21 pm »

Sheesh, just got past level nine and I found the weak point of this build.

I do keep telling you lot to get a dependable ranged attack. :p

Duly noted for the next hero :p

Seems it was not only his equipment that got corrupted but his very life. Just tried starting the game up to finish it off (or die trying which to be honest is more likely.) but it appears the save has been corrupted, crashes on me when I try to load it. Ah well I'll roll a new one, its not like the game is ADOM length so it shouldn't take too long to get back to where I were if I have luck on my side.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: December 26, 2011, 11:12:22 pm »

1. Fuck to stuff after level 8 hit hard goddam. It went from barely cracking my armor to "Hey let's do 30 damage a hit"

3. Welp back to always dying before level 5. That stand in place buff for demonology is amazingly useful for tanking a long line of things, and the berserk tree makes being surrounded less of an issue when you are constantly being buffed into superman. Maces also have a major advantage of pretty reliable knockback for the general utility of moving grates and island artifacts.

4. GODDAM do they hit hard after level 8.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: December 26, 2011, 11:23:36 pm »

Heheh, I got the Taste the Rainbow achievement. It was because of my mad artifact rings and crud and hyperborean potions and that one Viking Magic spell and my woodsman axe (I was still pretty early) doing crushing AND slashing.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: December 27, 2011, 07:15:17 pm »

Huh, have an Ensigiled Shield in a shop. Slightly less block and armor absorption than my current shield (10 to 5 compared to my 12 to 6, respectively), but the +10 magic resistance looks VERY nice.

also corruption traps
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: December 27, 2011, 07:49:47 pm »

I'm in a bit of a predicament and I don't want to lose my character. I still have the save, and I was hoping some of the PROFESSIONALS out there might be able to get out of the situation Parsly II is in.

Here's the save.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 28, 2011, 12:48:01 am »

It's not fair. I spend the night clearing out two entire levels and the game crashes. This is the second time it's done this, and only with my viking-magic/maces/blood magic character. It's like the game doesn't want me progressing through the early levels so easily!

In other news, I've made it farther in the dungeon than I ever have with a new rogue-classed character. I made it all the way to dungeon level 6 before I made the ultimately fatal decision of taking that trans-dimensional dodge ability. Is that not one of the worst abilities? Not only does it teleport me away from the ranged guys that I worked so hard to close the distance on, but it also has this habit of teleporting me into groups of monsters.

The worst is when my rogue's dodge ability teleported him into the middle of a monster zoo with something like 94 hard-hitting monsters. It wouldn't have been so bad if it would have let me use my escape abilities, but no, cue 5 minutes of my rogue dodging attacks and teleporting DEEPER into the zoo! I would like to say that death came quickly, but it didn't, it took another 5 minutes of random dodge-teleporting before my character finally met his end.

Trevasaurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: December 28, 2011, 02:58:03 am »

Just got this game and within the first hour exploded myself by
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
fantastic!! Getting ready to roll a new hero and try to get past the first floor.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 05:04:38 am by Trevasaurus »

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: December 28, 2011, 04:24:00 am »

omgomg
Edit that out or spoiler it, you just ruined an aspect of discovery and fun for me and many others.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: December 28, 2011, 05:05:08 am »

I have a plan. Going with a player's starting item the whole game by putting every single krong enchantment he can on it.

Wait, I don't have archaeologist on this run. fuck.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: December 28, 2011, 05:15:07 am »

Finally able to start playing DoD (yay mega-giveaway!), and having a blast with it. But I'm at a loss with the diverse abilities and skills in this game. What's a good dual-wielding build that's easy to train and powerful?

Note that I don't have Realm of the Diggles expansion, so yeah.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Trevasaurus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: December 28, 2011, 05:20:18 am »

omgomg
Edit that out or spoiler it, you just ruined an aspect of discovery and fun for me and many others.

Oops! Sorry mate I didnt mean to do that.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: December 28, 2011, 07:10:50 am »

Finally able to start playing DoD (yay mega-giveaway!), and having a blast with it. But I'm at a loss with the diverse abilities and skills in this game. What's a good dual-wielding build that's easy to train and powerful?

Note that I don't have Realm of the Diggles expansion, so yeah.
Get it. It's the same great humor and everything else you love about the game, for less than a buck during this sale.
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: December 28, 2011, 07:35:01 am »

Unfortunately, I have no access to a credit card. So yeah. D:

I would've bought it if I had a credit card, but my parent's credit cards are all drained, and they're a bit too frugal with stuff related to buying and money.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: December 28, 2011, 07:53:22 am »

I made it all the way to dungeon level 6 before I made the ultimately fatal decision of taking that trans-dimensional dodge ability. Is that not one of the worst abilities?

You can toggle it on or off with the skill it gives you. Just keep it off and turn it on when you get into trouble.

Also, the game should autosave every time you go up or down a level.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: December 28, 2011, 12:56:51 pm »

I made it all the way to dungeon level 6 before I made the ultimately fatal decision of taking that trans-dimensional dodge ability. Is that not one of the worst abilities?

You can toggle it on or off with the skill it gives you. Just keep it off and turn it on when you get into trouble.

Also, the game should autosave every time you go up or down a level.

You can toggle the ability?! Huh! I wish I had noticed that before I died a horrible gruesome death. XD

I didn't even notice the autosave either. I'm a very perceptive person.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 90