Instrumental
- 1 (3.1%)
Classical
- 0 (0%)
Punk
- 1 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Favorite Music Poll  (Read 1778 times)

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Music Poll
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 05:37:41 am »

I've honestly gotten to the point where topic is more important than actual music for me. I like songs that are about . . . strife, really. Songs with a problem that is fought, or a difficulty that is fought or succumbed to. Really, I don't put much stock in genre or even specific groups (except the Cruxshadows. Yay Cruxshadows)
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 11:10:25 am »

I think I'll drop in and mention that metal doesn't have to mean screaming. Metal's a big genre.
As a matter of fact, most good metal dosen't have screaming.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 12:05:12 pm »

If it makes a difference now, I just added a few new suggested genres  ;D
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 12:12:08 pm »

I think I'll drop in and mention that metal doesn't have to mean screaming. Metal's a big genre.

Subjective. :b

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 12:38:33 pm »

Subjective. :b
Very, very subjective.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2011, 01:08:46 pm »

Punk is unrepresented :<

My tastes are pretty broad though. Generally I seem to gravitate to artists who blend or shift between genre's actually, for whatever reason.
Huh.
Now that you mention it, so do I.
Probably because music genres are arbitrary divisions that make little or no difference as to whether you will find each piece good or not. I prefer music without noise, or with a little bit of predictable background noise, and I tend not to be able to stand music with voices; the better I understand what the voice is saying, the worse it is. If the voice is clear, coherent, and prominent, the piece ceases to be music entirely to me.
 It helps when I have other memories bound to the music, so video game, movie, and heard-when-young pieces feature prominently in my collection.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 [2]