Instrumental
- 1 (3.1%)
Classical
- 0 (0%)
Punk
- 1 (3.1%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Favorite Music Poll  (Read 1780 times)

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Favorite Music Poll
« on: May 18, 2011, 04:04:46 pm »

I know there's another music thread. But that one (from what I've read from the first few pages) is just a bunch of people's favorite songs and stuff. So I created this poll for you to discuss your favorite genre of music. Sorry if this is redundant, It took me a minute to overcome the fear of this thread being shot down (since I rarely make my own threads).

My favorite genre is by far metal (Black, Folk, and Death). But I also like certain types of folk music especially acoustic and European folk.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 04:07:49 pm by Svarte Troner »
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Music Poll
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 04:13:14 pm »

Doesn't seem redundant to me. A General thread (mine), and a more focused genres thread(here).

I put other because while I like Country and Folk Metal quite a bit, the majority of my music folder is video game/vocaloid/touhou related (in that order).
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 10:12:09 pm »

You forgot New Age, Instrumental, etc.

I've got a few different genres i listen to, but i've been listening to alotta Enya, Two Steps from Hell, Audiomachine, Dragon Age: Origins OST, stuff like that.
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2011, 10:26:07 pm »

You also forgot classical music.

Big no no.

I usually listen to classical, folk violin of various sorts (bluegrass, Irish fiddle, etc.), and enormous amounts of piano music/symphonic music from video games (JRPGs).  Movie soundtracks.  Also a little Jpop and French pop/rock--from anime and the singers of my favorite French musical (though really mostly Daniel Lavoie and Garou =/).  I basically don't listen to music in English, other than musical soundtracks.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2011, 11:56:23 pm »

I never really got the point of metal, I mean to me it just sounds like people screaming themselves to near death.

I don't really listen to music all that often. On the off-chance that I do, it's usually a soundtrack or some kind of hard rock.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 01:19:03 am »

I like rock, but metal is a bit too LOUD AND INTRUSIVE(Still fairly good, though)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:22:19 am by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2011, 01:28:57 am »

I like Indie Rock, Indie Pop, Pop, Trance, Dance, Techno, Jazz, Metal...guess I gravitate most to either Jazz or Rock music and my favourite band ever has to be Poets of the Fall...I don't seek out one genre over any other it's just I think "I like this" slightly more regularly with rock and jazz xD Probably Rock more than Jazz but only slightly.

Hell, I even like a reasonable amount of modern pop music. Sure most of it is stupid, but the "cream of the crop" of pop crosses the line from stupid to delightfully stupid ^^

Dara O'Briain probably summed up how silly music snobbery is best:
"Oh yeah, you like those noises, those sounds in your ear? Those are the wrong sounds!"
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 01:35:47 am by MorleyDev »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 02:13:38 am »

My tastes are too eclectic for classification.
Metal here, hip hop there, electronica elsewhere.
That and subgenres, oh fucking hell, those make classification hard.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 02:14:54 am »

I have no clue what's going on with most subgeneres, especially the fifty billion that are in electronic music.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2011, 02:25:01 am »

I love rock, not to mention all those old 40's style music, but I dip into electronic, a bit of metal, some rap, etc etc.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2011, 03:21:16 am »

Punk is unrepresented :<

My tastes are pretty broad though. Generally I seem to gravitate to artists who blend or shift between genre's actually, for whatever reason.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 03:22:05 am »

My tastes are pretty broad though. Generally I seem to gravitate to artists who blend or shift between genre's actually, for whatever reason.

Huh.
Now that you mention it, so do I.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 03:23:17 am »

I forgot to mention that I love punk, but really the older bands :<
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 04:59:33 am »

I listen to everything, and that's: jazz, swing, rock, rock and roll, blues, folk, metal, classical, country, reggae, electronic, some modern pop, oldish pop (Sinatra and the like), etc. Country has to be my favorite at the moment though.

The poll is missing classical.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 05:09:58 am »

I think I'll drop in and mention that metal doesn't have to mean screaming. Metal's a big genre.
Pages: [1] 2