Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 887

Author Topic: Terraria - 1.3 released. Big Patch!  (Read 1310317 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Terraria - 1.1 released!
« Reply #8430 on: February 24, 2012, 12:12:15 pm »

Should be interesting.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8431 on: February 24, 2012, 12:29:24 pm »

Assuming they're willing to sell the rights to the code. Which, with Starbound obviously taking as much from Terraria it can, seems a little less likely.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8432 on: February 28, 2012, 05:14:08 pm »

Mini bump?

Rage does not adequately express my feelings at the moment. I decided to finally tackle the hardmode bosses. I had my arena set up, I had my CAR. I had one stack of crystal bullets, two of meteor, and one of silver. I had my potions.

Then I go to activate the mechanical eye. I summon Skeletron Prime by mistake. What then happens is an epic fight with me barely hanging on. I finally begin to gain the upper hand. SP is down to 2,000 or so hit points. I forget to heal myself when my potion sickness wears off.

Well, that sucks. SP is gone and I have naught to show for it but a much emptier potion chest, a slightly less full piggy bank, and a stack of 20 silver shot.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8433 on: February 28, 2012, 05:48:32 pm »

I died the first time on the Destroyer because I didn't know what to do at all. I found that melee was better and easier but more painful for you.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8434 on: February 28, 2012, 09:11:44 pm »

Some good advice is to find heart statues, if possible, and add them to your arena (preferably set to a repeater timer). That should help with all arena battles.

What also helps is crafting as many status effect potions as possible of each kind, and carry all the useful for battle types on hand (3-5 of each). Just as the battle begins, hit 'B' to drink them all to gain the buffs at once.

Regarding battling The Destroyer, I advise you take the time to craft a Dao of Pow. It's a good weapon to have, and it doesn't require any materials from any of the late-game bosses to craft, and against The Destroyer, you can smash him a good 12 times per shot (accumulating a good 1500 damage per swing), provided you let him pass through you (regen potion, a cross necklace, and the heart statues will make you last longer than you think, with the occasional mega potion; the (obsidian) shield will also help in keeping you immobile for the best shot opportunities).

As for the other guys, kill Destroyer first and use it's remains to craft a Megashark, and use the Megashark with a full stock (1000x) of cursed bullets (Thanks to the 50% chance of no ammo spent, you should more likely shoot up to 1500 bullets) to take on the rest. That ammo will last. When facing off against the twins, take your time and focus on one eye at a time. I suggest the fireball one first, and then the laser one last. Fireball is a pest (chases you and sets you on fire; second phase being even worse), and laser eye keeps it's distance all the time. And for Skeleteron Prime, again, Megashark. Keep firing, and make sure your buffs are always active. It will take awhile, but you should be able to win more easily.

However, what always helps, armor, armor, armor. Take the time to craft a full set of adamantite armor, and just as well, earn enough cash to reforge all the equipment you're going to use to in battle to have the +4 defense buff each. A set of angel/demon wings won't hurt either (and have those +4 defense as well (barding, I think the prefix was called)). In my battles, I had the full set, and at least 4 of 5 equipment with +4 def, so I was well over 60, even 70, defense when I battled).

Oh yeah, and don't knock magic books, they help a good deal and they also make use of the mana regen buff while at it. Demon Scythe (especially Godly) works wonders in damaging these guys along with a followup volley of Megasharking (or Dao of Pow in Destroyer's case). With Demon Scythe, lead your target into the scythes as they begin their slow acceleration, and watch the life plummet (and like with Destroyer, shoot for the head as he goes through your guy, and then follow through with Dao when you run out of MP, and repeat once you're full again).

EDIT:
I was surprised at how easy Destroyer is compared to the other guys. I actually was able to kill it twice in one night with the same setup I mentioned.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 09:28:03 pm by Itnetlolor »

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8435 on: February 28, 2012, 09:39:27 pm »

Speaking of heart statues, it's better to use pressure plates instead of repeaters, since you can get more hearts out of it without having to wait for the cooldown to finish.

And Megashark is OP. Mix it with crystal bullets, and watch as you rip SP and The Twins apart with great force.

If you have a cross necklace, cobalt shield and a stack of meteorites + heart statues/healing potions, you can use those to sponge up most of the damage the hardmode bosses deal.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8436 on: February 29, 2012, 12:35:54 pm »

That's actually a rather interesting guide there. I gotta set that up now.

EDIT:
Tested it out. I have 2 heart statues, and using one to get 6 hearts worked as they said it would. Had to modify my personal arena a bit, but I only had to drink 1 mega potion the entire time, and that was when I was backed into a corner. (VS. The Twins)
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:35:08 pm by Itnetlolor »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8437 on: February 29, 2012, 01:53:11 pm »

I still haven't gotten around to kill the twins or skeletron prime for their souls.
(Too hard for me to do it alone.)
No bay12 servers are online when I am..  :-\

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8438 on: February 29, 2012, 02:22:22 pm »

The game isn't quite dead. People have created all sorts of minigames like Capture the Gem, Kill the king, defend the fortress, etc. I've played a quite s bit of CTG and it's pretty good.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8439 on: February 29, 2012, 03:56:32 pm »

The game isn't quite dead. People have created all sorts of minigames like Capture the Gem, Kill the king, defend the fortress, etc. I've played a quite s bit of CTG and it's pretty good.

That is what I'd call floundering. It isn't dead just yet but it is getting there.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8440 on: February 29, 2012, 04:02:43 pm »

Has there been any modding in this game yet, or are they not intending on releasing the source code for that kind of stuff?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8441 on: February 29, 2012, 04:10:24 pm »

Mods have been underway now for several months. They did everything short of releasing the source code, I believe. Unfortunately, Terraria modding is a lot like Skyrim modding; you gotta sort through a lot of people's OP fantasies to find a mod that is good.

The largest share of mods are re-textures I believe.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #8442 on: March 01, 2012, 12:24:24 am »

The Obsidian Mod featured on the front page a while back looked promising.  I plan on checking it out sometime.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8443 on: March 01, 2012, 12:33:01 am »

I dunno, I never felt like Terraria's modding scene really ever took off for whatever reason. Not as much as I expected, at least.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8444 on: March 01, 2012, 12:39:43 am »

There was one fairly ambitious mod a while back that added a hunger meter and had quite a bit of sprite work. Apologies if it's already been mentioned, I have no idea what the name of it was. I was kinda hoping Redigit would do some official support of modding tools, but...... lol, I guess.

I'm not angry that the project's over or anything, and Red has the right to do whatever he wants, but that was a pretty tactless way to go, and his recent "Oh I'd love for a team of modders to pick up and do stuff!" comment just seems hollow.

Ninja'd!
I dunno, I never felt like Terraria's modding scene really ever took off for whatever reason. Not as much as I expected, at least.

If memory serves, the first few people who came out with modded content at TOnline got banned, didn't they? There was some kind of drama over it (there's always some kind of drama over there), and I think people were gunshy for a while.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.
Pages: 1 ... 561 562 [563] 564 565 ... 887