Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 130872 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #405 on: August 20, 2015, 08:49:49 pm »

I mean, that's the whole idea. There's even an advantage in not cracking since doing so often breaks your ability to receive sometimes important things like day one patches.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 20, 2015, 10:10:49 pm »

Not soon enough

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 20, 2015, 10:11:52 pm »

If only I could be put into a ten day coma by a tragic fulton recovery system accident.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 21, 2015, 12:51:19 am »

Want-Hype-Need intensifies.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 21, 2015, 05:21:38 am »

Ten days... and then it shall be free.
Black lives matter.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 21, 2015, 08:02:42 am »

DAYS
HOURS
MINUTES
SECONDS

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 21, 2015, 09:30:07 am »

By the by, YongYea has a countdown retrospective series on his channel that stared on day 30. It's, ahem, a retrospective look on all the info we learned about the Phantom Pain before we knew it was the Phantom Pain.
Black lives matter.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 22, 2015, 01:30:57 am »

Watching that countdown retrospective was interesting and yet kinda saddening. Watching Kojima lauding the FOX engine so much and about how he could use it to make future games (and even possibly a Silent Hill) only for Konami to... wellll...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 22, 2015, 08:03:19 am »

It's kind of like the story of Icarus, except his dad tells him to go high, and then his dad sets his wings on fire. With magic, I guess.
Black lives matter.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 22, 2015, 08:13:55 am »

Man, playing Peace Walker, I find myself hoping more and more it'll be like that game.
Course, considering all the trailers I've seen so far, that doesn't seem too far off from the truth.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 22, 2015, 05:11:58 pm »

It's kind of like the story of Icarus, except his dad tells him to go high, and then his dad sets his wings on fire. With magic, I guess.

Then chisels his name off the gravestone, during the funeral.
It's a game. Have fun.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 22, 2015, 09:37:46 pm »

I haven't played Peace Walker myself (watched Chip Cheezum play it) but if you select what missions you want to do like you could in that game it'd put a lot less pressure on me. I'm always afraid I'm going to pass up something unique that only happens once during a playthrough kinda like with the older MGS games, but in Peace Walker you could go back to previous missions to get a better score or find the cool easter egg etc.

Oh yes, not to mention the whole Mother Base thing looking promising. Can't wait to kidnap all the mens with balloons.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 22, 2015, 09:41:03 pm »

I'm fairly certain you can redo old missions. That said, not missing things in Metal Gear is generally an exercise in futility. There are secrets that even I, who am obsessed with Metal Gear, have not learned.

For example, if you spam life med you can beat The Sorrow by feeding ghosts your life until they cease to be tormented. I learned that literally days ago and MGS3 is possibly my favorite game ever.

Oh, and in MGS1 if you punch Meryl only in the Cavern and then immediately get in a box, she won't be able to punch you and so whistles over a wolf to pee on the box. Afterwards, that box and only that box will have the same effect as Sniper Wolf's handkerchief because it smells like wolf pee.

Kojima.

Kojima.

Kojima.
No Gods, No Masters.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 22, 2015, 11:43:31 pm »

You can definitely replay missions, but the guards may have adapted to the tactics you last used.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 124