Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 124

Author Topic: Metal... GEAR?  (Read 130796 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Metal... GEAR?
« Reply #375 on: August 11, 2015, 06:54:10 pm »

Revengeance so gud, best music.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 11, 2015, 06:57:41 pm »

Oh wait, actually, I have "Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance" on Steam.
...  They seriously named a game Revengeance!?
Anyway, space is tight but I have just enough.  Is it good, bad, what's the deal?  Kinda looks like Raiden, is it about Raiden?
Have you ever played a game by Platinum Games? (Bayonetta, The Wonderful 101, etc.) Y/N
If yes, did you like it? Y/N
If you answered yes to both of the above, you will like Revengeance.
No to the first, afaik, but it sounds like I'll probably like it anyway :)  I hope so, it's downloading!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 11, 2015, 07:26:03 pm »

Honestly even if nothing else grabs you (I thought the story was dumb) the cut mans gameplay will be fun.  My clearest memory of the game is fighting one of the heavily armored dudes, slowly working him down, then just barely lopping off the top of his head, Kill Bill style.

The worst thing about it is that you can't play through the whole game as Jetstream Sam.  His playstyle is so much more fun than Raiden's.
Shoes...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 11, 2015, 07:34:49 pm »

I have a slightly newer model (Logitech F510) and it has round analog stick inset thingies. Does your controller's analog sticks actually move around the entirety of that box, corners and all? Or does it only move in a circular motion? Of course, the analog sticks aren't the main problem I have with my controller, but if they moved in a square then that would be infuriating.

It does more around the entirety of that box, yeah. Honestly I haven't found much problems with using it, though I rarely use it. So... Yeah.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 11, 2015, 07:35:24 pm »

The worst thing about it is that you can't play through the whole game as Jetstream Sam.  His playstyle is so much more fun than Raiden's.
I think there's actually a mod for that now.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 11, 2015, 08:09:22 pm »

Really? I HATED how Sam played. Cool character, but a BITCH to control. Maybe I'm just used to Raiden's style.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 11, 2015, 08:10:00 pm »

Really? I HATED how Sam played. Cool character, but a BITCH to control. Maybe I'm just used to Raiden's style.

He didn't get nearly enough exposition.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 11, 2015, 08:14:15 pm »

I see stuff about an in-development Sam mod but it still seems pretty vaporous.  I put no stock in anon's development abilities.

He's counter-intuitive next to Raiden but he's really strong when you get the hang of him.  He plays like a samurai, real methodical.  Taunt people, play it safe, wait till you've got an opening and light him up.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 11, 2015, 08:28:46 pm »

Might not be worth giving up on Sam just yet, assuming Revengance 2 is ever made he's in a decent position to

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 11, 2015, 08:54:35 pm »

Sam seems Very Dead to me. Considering his death is a big plot point, what with
and whatnot.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 11, 2015, 08:58:42 pm »

Obviously
Note that I have never played Revengeance and, barring the cancellation of PP, I do not intend to in the near future. :P
Black lives matter.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 11, 2015, 09:08:00 pm »

Oh come on there's
So dead. :P

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 11, 2015, 11:16:47 pm »

I think that line was my favorite in the entire game, and quite possibly of all gaming.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 13, 2015, 06:36:51 pm »

So I've already done MGR on Revengeance difficulty and MGS2 on Extreme, so I'm probably going to see if I can find time to do MGS3 on Extreme as well in order to celebrate The Phantom Pain, since the last time I tried to do it my memory card had been corrupted after I tried to use Action Replay to back up some save files. However, because of this, I don't currently have any MGS3 save files on my card (I haven't played it in quite a while) and you need to have a save game that has been cleared at least once before you go Extreme. I'm probably gonna see if I can just get a save file using AR and pretend like it's my old one.

Normally I'd use the AR to do some stupid challenge, like making it so I could only carry 1 bullet per gun at a time, but bosses would be a pain in the ass.

Also, speaking of playing MGR on Revengeance setting, I regret ever doing that. Seriously. Don't put yourself through the suffering I chose to put myself through. Stick to very hard. Sure, it is very hard, but It's the hardest the game can get and still be fair. Revengeance is not even fair.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 13, 2015, 06:39:51 pm »

If you can get your hands on a copy of MGS3 Subsistance, then you can just select I Like MGS3 and unlock Extreme/Euro Extreme right away.

I'll tell you that MGS3 Extreme is significantly less difficult than MGS2 Extreme, which is quite possibility the most difficult gaming challenge I've ever finished. That said, unless you can get the golden cycle down The Fury is going to make you hate yourself.

I've heard people say that Very Hard is the actual hardest difficulty of MGR, because Revengance gives parry counters x10 damage.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 06:42:20 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 124