Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270737 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Kha'zix, the Voidreaver - 1.0.0.148
« Reply #10245 on: October 19, 2012, 11:25:00 am »

First, play a bunch of different champs. Doesn't matter where or when. The goal is to find a champ you like.
Second, play that champ a lot. Learn the skills, last-hitting, how to win, whatever.
Third, once you have learned that champ, play similar styles of champs. If you liked Akali, play Kat. Pantheon? Jax. Ashe? Draaaaaaven.
Fourth, branch out further. Play other roles. Learn to jungle, support, adc, ap, top. Take your time learning each role, as it helps you in your main role. Especially jungle and support. Especially especially support. Don't have to play it often, but at least learn to ward.
Fifth, ward. Always ward. If you don't buy wards and you have the gold and space, you are a bad person.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10246 on: October 19, 2012, 01:21:14 pm »

Practise last hitting. Start by playing beginners bot games. Find a champion that fits your play style. Are you an assassin, bruiser, ranged attacker(ADcarry), a magecaster(APcarry), tank, support? Read guides on solomid.net.

I prefer mobafire for guides, but what this guy said.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10247 on: October 19, 2012, 01:51:25 pm »

I'm going to post somewhat the opposite of what Kael said.

Never play bots, unless you really need to figure out a champion and can't be bothered to Dominion. Bots teach bad habits and you'll take a lot longer to get rid of them. Play a game of bots if you've never LoLed, then go straight into PvP. People are horrible all the way up; I'm at above 1800 Elo on Dominion and I still get barely functional quadrupal amputees.

Find a champion that fits your playing style in every single role. Yes, including support. Yes, playing support in low-elo is, to quote Yahtzee, like hitting a wall with your fists, then going to the hospital to get them bandaged and then returning to hit the wall some more. And it's your wall. But you need to do it since you'll be stuck playing support a lot and you can actually influence the game as a support; either by helping your carry come out on top, by initiating (Blitz, Leona, Sona) or counter-initiating - mostly Sona, here. Never stick to one role, since there's about 50% chance you won't get to play it. The meta is there for a reason - if you don't understand how exactly to break it you should probably stick to it - it's not the best, but it's definitely the easiest way to play in low Elo.

The last-hitting and reading guides are excellent points. Get AD reds, they help with last hitting if you're having difficulties. On solomid read only featured guides if you can, they're generally written by pros. One thing, when you read guides try to figure out why the guides recommend items and builds, and when can you diverge from them. Blindly copying builds is the worst you can do.

Watch streams, watch Studio's dailies on youtube - helpful stuff.

Don't buy T2 runes, buy some Tier 1, then save your IP for T3 runes cause that shit expensive. Buy the low-IP cost champions first, since there's rarely something you can do with a 6300 IP guy you can't do with a 3150. For example, Ashe and Corki are excellent low-IP carries, Nunu is a decent jungler, Udyr is a great jungler, Amumu works really well as an initiator, Ryze gets regular play mid and morgana is 1350, I believe? Soraka is great for support, Sona and Janna are very good too, Olaf is a great top, etc, etc.

And a general rule I always follow - play until you lose. If you're feeling cheeky, play until two losses in a row. Never play after that, because you get angry and being angry leads to sloppy play and POOF magic circle.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10248 on: October 19, 2012, 02:26:55 pm »

Actually, if my roommates expiriences are anything to go by (started playing a few weeks ago, EU East) you're better off with bots, because people leave, all the freaking time, he's had very few games where the team was complete the whole match. And against bots you have the courtesy of a random bot going afk too, real games don't do that sadly.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10249 on: October 19, 2012, 02:29:28 pm »

So I just played Volibear and got MVP, 12 kills. I like this guy. :P
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10250 on: October 20, 2012, 02:58:04 am »

Actually, if my roommates expiriences are anything to go by (started playing a few weeks ago, EU East) you're better off with bots, because people leave, all the freaking time, he's had very few games where the team was complete the whole match. And against bots you have the courtesy of a random bot going afk too, real games don't do that sadly.
   The thing is that even with that stuff the bad habits your getting from the bots are in general worse. After last...    looking at the clock its the night before last I have to say though, the best way to learn is to get a group of higher level people to play games with you where they are on some voice chat with you. All levels of play may have their idiots but higher levels of play will teach you to play at a higher level faster.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10251 on: October 20, 2012, 03:40:21 am »

The thing is that even with that stuff the bad habits your getting from the bots are in general worse. After last...    looking at the clock its the night before last I have to say though, the best way to learn is to get a group of higher level people to play games with you where they are on some voice chat with you. All levels of play may have their idiots but higher levels of play will teach you to play at a higher level faster.
I wouldn't call us higher level. Just experienced. You could tell by how much we yell at each other just how not good we are.

But, it certainly teaches you how to think though.

And if you want to play again with us, we're usually on nights.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10252 on: October 20, 2012, 03:43:15 am »

I am level 10, most of you guys where maxed out. In this case I was referring to level as in that level not as in play ability. With the way I assume the match making works you can not ever assure good opponents but you can increase the chances. As for playing again if I am free and on I am always glad to play.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 03:44:46 am by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10253 on: October 20, 2012, 04:06:46 am »

Yeah, it's true. When I started playing LoL for the first time, I was playing and queueing with a friend who was 30. This meant we were playing against 25+ people every game, but it also meant I got really good really fast for my level. I would play two games with him, then play 2 or 3 soloqueue and stomp people all around. Then back to sucking against 25+.

So yeah, if you can get on skype or other voicechat with a high-level dude who can explain why running alone into the fog of war when none of the enemies are visible is a really bad idea, do it. It helps.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10254 on: October 20, 2012, 04:25:12 am »

I don't know how so many people can smurf. I tried making a smurf account and having to play with no runes/masteries as a jungler is unsettling, I mean I still win games because most of the opponents are genuine newbies but some of the games were harder then some ranked games I had :P

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10255 on: October 20, 2012, 07:56:58 am »

Why would you ever jungle as a smurf. Do something fun like Ashe mid instalock. Or something absurdly pubstompy like AP Eve.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10256 on: October 20, 2012, 08:35:33 am »

Because nobody expects the spanish Poppy inquisition!

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10257 on: October 20, 2012, 08:49:33 am »

Next time I smurf I'm going to get to 1700 elo as Support Shaco.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10258 on: October 20, 2012, 10:04:41 am »

I love ruining support Shaco with Blitzcrank. No time for Shaco to spam his Shaq-in-a-box when he be getting pulled all the time :P

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #10259 on: October 20, 2012, 11:11:09 am »

I love ruining support Shaco with Blitzcrank. No time for Shaco to spam his Shaq-in-a-box when he be getting pulled all the time :P

You've clearly never played against a good support shaco. Support Shack isn't about the nests, he's about godlike lane control. Your best bet against him is nunu. Pop a box, nom it, wait for q cooldown then pop another.
Pages: 1 ... 682 683 [684] 685 686 ... 1067