Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270475 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Rengar, the Pridestalker - 1.0.0.145
« Reply #9750 on: August 21, 2012, 11:32:24 am »

I've recently switched back to playing more PvP after a couple hundred bot matches. It's kinda terrifying how hard I can pwn now (or conversely, how bad the opposition tends to be).

Bot lane, MF (me) and Diana vs. Tryndamere and Master Yi. I mean, you know who's gonna win that one anyways, but damn. 11-0 later, Diana wandered off to gank the other lanes and I proceed to take down both towers unopposed. As in, I just sat there and hammered away at their inner bot lane turret for a good solid minute and nobody even tried to stop me. It was kind of unnerving, kept expecting some kind of epic 5-man gank any second, but no...they just really, really sucked.

So I wouldn't say bot matches are useless. But I do recommend playing them on intermediate. beginner mode is for when you just want to get a quick one out of the way to get the first win bonus, or you want to try something derptastic like Tank Evelynn or rushing five Warmog's.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9751 on: August 21, 2012, 12:53:31 pm »

Well i managed to get some kills vs AI so on to the real thing next game. I rand picked Nunu and noticed his one ability with the bite the monster get hp thing and decided to play around in the jungle a bit. It actually worked and let me gank some AI's on their way back to base. Since the AI is predictable I just had to watch for an enemy close by that was running back to base while a team mate was pushing and I knew I could go and apply some pain to a low health enemy.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9752 on: August 21, 2012, 12:57:26 pm »

One other thing about bot matches. I trained on them for quite a while when I first started and, before buying any champions, would always try to play any in the free rotation in bot games before even thinking about taking them into normal. That meant I was playing on a mid/high 20's account that still had under 100 normal game wins on it. Despite having a 60%+ win ratio in normal (not sure what it is now, given lolking stopped showing it). If your team want an excuse for losing you can bet they will focus on the guy with a low win count.

Only time I've been seriously cursed out was when I'd accidentally KSed my AD carry, went on to win the game, then being told I'd played too many bot games and was useless as a real player after the guy saw my win count.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9753 on: August 21, 2012, 01:05:15 pm »

I know how bot games are view (I have read most of the thread) so the response I am getting here was no surprise but I feel my reason was solid. I basically wanted to get some things down before I actually faced real people. I don't mind if people try to insult me or call me a noob in the game but I prefer at least having the base mechanics down first.
   Also I noticed there is a big list of people in the first post for the NA server, should I add them all as friends so I can know when Bay12 types are around or what?
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9754 on: August 21, 2012, 01:11:01 pm »

I wouldn't sweat the list too much, it's pretty badly out of date. I mean, Kael's not even listed and he's the one organizing most of the ARAM matches.

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9755 on: August 21, 2012, 01:18:34 pm »

Okay, is there a few people I should add right now as it is then? Also whats ARAM? I assume its an acronym of some kind and people seem to enjoy it, in fact the reason why I ended up trying LoL is because of the steam updates about the ARAMs that have been going on.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9756 on: August 21, 2012, 01:22:38 pm »

All random, all middle. Fully random teams smashing head first into each other. It's great fun.

As for a list, there's one a few pages back (one of kael's posts) that had a list of recent folks that hopped in to b12 ARAM games. Might want to start there, I guess. E: Here you go.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 01:24:21 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9757 on: August 21, 2012, 01:27:03 pm »

Yeah, ARAM = one lane map, not a lot of minions. and no recall to base. It's definitely helped me work on my PvP skills, as opposed to my farm and map awareness which were fine.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9758 on: August 21, 2012, 01:35:05 pm »

I can see the appeal of it. To play does one need to have actual champs or is only have free ones fine?

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9759 on: August 21, 2012, 01:36:49 pm »

Free's fine. It'll assign you a random champ out of what you would normally be able to choose. So in your case, you'll get assigned freebies.

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9760 on: August 21, 2012, 03:25:33 pm »

So just played a normal game...   Upside I was one of the better players on my team somehow though it might have been that I was Singed which was letting me run past a mob wave a few times and kill them all so I wracked up the gold. On the other hand there was some guy that was obviously already epic at the game who basically ganked my whole team multiple times with nothing we could do to stop him. He went 42/0 and if not for another guy on the other team who was just a little more competent then my team the guy would have had basically 95% of his teams kills.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9761 on: August 21, 2012, 03:54:35 pm »

Rengar is now available! I'm looking forward to playing against Garen/Rengar and fearing the bushes. It's going to be a fun day.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9762 on: August 21, 2012, 03:58:22 pm »

Both you and Garren will just sit in the bush all day, waiting.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9763 on: August 21, 2012, 04:09:57 pm »

Wait...Garen. Rengar.
Seriously, Riot?

What's next, a yordle defensive genius named Dingerheim?

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9764 on: August 21, 2012, 04:22:29 pm »

Wait...Garen. Rengar.
Seriously, Riot?

What's next, a yordle defensive genius named Dingerheim?
Straight from your mouth to their ears
Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 1067