Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1270364 times)

Repulsion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Rengar, the Pridestalker - 1.0.0.145
« Reply #9780 on: August 22, 2012, 10:01:34 am »

The best mages in dominion would probably be ones with AOE spells and/or spells with short cooldowns.
Electrum, pedophilia, and necrophilia at the same time!?

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: August 22, 2012, 10:20:24 am »

Never tried dominion but you could try AP Poppy, quick, slightly tanky and has great burst, get a gunblade and/or movespeed quints and you should be able to kill anyone.

Either that or maybe AP Ezreal or Kassadin? I'm only talking out of my arse because like I said never tried Dominion but it seems to be about speed and bursting to kill people quickly and no one is faster across a map then Kassadin while Ezreal can output a lot of damage and still be manoeuvrable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: August 22, 2012, 10:34:41 am »

I second Gragas. Go bot with him. You've got AOE clearing power, a short cooldown escape, and sustain. You should be able to defend your point from long range and generally be super annoying and hard to kill.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9783 on: August 22, 2012, 11:00:50 am »

I've never used Flash on Dominion as Malzahar, and all my games as him have been either Excellent, Awesome, Good or Mediocre. No bad games really. Then again, I usually play AD, but he is really good as AP too.

Fiddlesticks is a pretty good defender, and so are Morde and Heimer.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: August 22, 2012, 11:55:08 am »

Kassadin is free this week, a successful build I've used for dominion is the "mana tank". The core idea is that the extra mana lets you riftwalk almost to your heart's content, adding stacks to its damage effect*:
- start with boots, tear of the goddess (remember to spam W and E on the pad).
- get glacial shroud, catalyst the protector and negatron cloak according to need. Get sorcerer boots.
- finish frozen heart, archangel's staff and odyn's veil. Build a Void Staff. 6th item optional.

I've tried the glass cannon Kassadin (rushing a Deathcap), but I just find him too squishy ie. too often you get stunned and bursted down before you can get away.

*This requires some explanation. Here's the blurb on riftwalk:
Kassadin blinks to a nearby location, dealing magic damage to enemy units surrounding the destination area. Each subsequent Riftwalk in the next 8 seconds will cost 100 additional mana and will deal additional damage. The cost and damage increase can stack up to 10 times.
Base Cost: 100 mana
Range: 700
Diameter of Damage AoE: 300
What actually happens is that any riftwalk in the 8 second period ALSO resets the timer, effectively allowing you to build stacks as long you have mana (stacks only expire if you go through 8 seconds without a riftwalk).
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 12:16:32 pm by baruk »

Graven

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't we all just love contact juggling?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: August 22, 2012, 01:45:24 pm »

Oi, people, I'm asking Malzahar or Orianna because I already have Gragas, Morgana, Kassadin, Karthus, Brand, Ryze, Leblanc and Lux among others.

Also Malzahar is top dog Dominion AP, I've even beaten Yoricks bot when I played Malz on a friends account. The thing is I don't want to be stuck bot because noone ganks, and people tend to whine to high heavens if I go top on Malzahar, whereas Orianna is more flexible in people's minds.

The only real choice left is Cassiopeia, Malzahar or Orianna, but I don't have 6300 IP and even if I did I wouldn't want to spend it.
What a strange and beautiful world I beheld, but dangerous too, I was certain. And I was friendless and homeless. And so I prayed.
"Hear me, exalted spirits. Hear me be you gods or devils, ye who hold dominion here. I am a wizard without a home. I am a wanderer seeking refuge."

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: August 22, 2012, 02:30:25 pm »

I'm fond of Orianna in Dominion, especially bottom because she has decent CC and mobility and an excellent ability to poke 1v1 without getting hurt. Orianna's whole schtick is that she can hang back and trigger all her abilities remotely. Though I haven't played her in Dominion since her most recent patch change.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: August 22, 2012, 06:44:46 pm »

Ranked sucks. Apparently it's my job as captain to make sure none of my players ever get counterpicked, because if second pick wants to play Fiora then I've got to ban every single early game lane bully to make sure she can't lose.

If only I had more bans so I could ban Darius, Shen, Riven, Garen, Renekton, Mordekaiser, Jax, Wukong, Yorick, Olaf, and Rumble. If possible, I definitely would have banned every possible counterpick to make sure that she had a great game.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9788 on: August 22, 2012, 06:55:49 pm »

Sounds like too much work, how about protecting her from bullies by banning Fiora so she can't be harmed by being counter picked.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: August 22, 2012, 10:50:53 pm »

That's what happened.

Ha, won a ranked game after. Lost 7 elo total, but hey, still in the 1300s. Hecarim is an absolute best.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: August 22, 2012, 11:16:56 pm »

Malzahar doesn't work well in Dominion at all. You'll get stuck on bottom and there's rarely a mage to go anti-mage on.

Ryze would be a fine choice, yes, as may Lux or Brand.

Malzahar is my single most go-to reliable bot lane champ on dominion, ever.

Greater than most heimerdingers, beats  dashless meelees
Able to go toe to toe with everyone but Singed.

The best of heimers, Amoung a few other good characters, are the only ones who can push me back.

No serious, one of the best bot lane dominion champs in the game.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: August 23, 2012, 01:07:40 pm »

Ranked sucks. Apparently it's my job as captain to make sure none of my players ever get counterpicked, because if second pick wants to play Fiora then I've got to ban every single early game lane bully to make sure she can't lose.

I don't like getting first pick. More often than not there is going to be someone who complains that you didn't ban champion X. Like Kassadin for example. Kassadin is relatively easy to counter, but if I don't ban kassadin the other team picks him. Then somebody on my team picks a champion that is countered by Kassadin and screams bloody murder all game because I didn't ban him.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: August 23, 2012, 02:12:43 pm »

I absolutely love Rengar at the moment. The amount of juking you can do with a top lane bush and sufficient creeps is ridiculous.

For example, I had an enemy jungle coming at me extremely early, ran in bushes, jumped to a creep, ran in to the other bushes, jumped to a creep closer to my tower, then get away. It's like having an Akali or Diana ultimate usable only when in bushes, and then it gets better after 9 kills, out-ranging even Caitlin.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: August 23, 2012, 03:31:07 pm »

I have not been impressed by Rengar. Probably because I recently pwned one as the Taric half of a Taric/Ashe laning duo.

"I leap out of bush at you!"
Great, thanks. You *do* realize my stun does more damage the closer you are, right? And those sharp things sprouting out of your hide? That's my little friend, Ashe. Oh, here, let me break your armor while you're helpless.

"Okay, I leap out of bush at Ashe!"
And I still stun you (maybe not as much damage), walk over and break your armor, and Ashe meanwhile has gotten some distance and proceeded to pew-pew you with arrows. Roughly the same effect.

His partner was admittedly a pretty bad Draven. Decent at hitting with the long-range skillshots, but never really supported each other's attacks. Eventually one or the other of them would overcommit, I'd stun and burst them down, and Ashe (who thanks to lifesteal and my heals had almost unlimited sustain) would pepper them to death.

I might have more trouble if I was a squishy with no support, but any kind of tanky support with CC seems to counter Rengar nicely. I'm betting Nautilus would absolute violate Rengar 1-on-1.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: August 23, 2012, 04:26:43 pm »

I was reading the forums and it seems Rengar might be in for some buffs.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=28566840#28566840

Hmm for buffs, there's a lot of options if we were to buff him but I think the following would help with his feel a lot.
- W cooldown at level 1 slows down his jungle a lot, if it were lowered he can get to his empowered abilities quicker helping him a lot early. I don't see it having too large of an impact on his other lanes as well.
- His ultimate movement speed is pretty underwhelming, sometimes it's hard to get to the target you're hunting down.
- Empowered E root duration might be slightly low, it's important that all of his empowered abilities feel like they are equal in power but all situational so that the best Rengar players are using the empowered abilities are the right moments.
- Small QOL thing I'd like to do regardless, his first auto attack after gaining Q attack speed seems to not factor in the bonus.
- A larger feel change that have a much larger impact would be potentially making his W instant so he can use it while moving.

It was also mentioned in another post that they'll be making him jump ON who he is chasing instead of slightly behind them. I think that will make a huge difference because I've often found myself losing auto attacks due to prolonged chases through brush where Rengar would stop, leap, and not quite reach his target if they were a fast moving champion (like Shyvanna).   
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 1067