Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271057 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9450 on: August 04, 2012, 04:09:53 pm »

I played against a chogath recently (in coop vs ai) and i noticed how important his buffs were. Most noticeable, his Rupture (aoe knockup) is way faster, making it much harder to avoid. I find this sudden buff (not just that but all his other recent buffs) kinda suspicious when you realize they are releasing a legendary skin for him.
They are indeed INCREDIBLY powerful. I noticed just how great they were when I recently played him. The rupture is actually aimable instead of simply zoning with it. The silence speed-up is almost unnoticeable, but I don't mind. The vorpal spikes is ridiculous range now. Which is awesome, because he really was underpowered as a tank or an AP. All in all, Chogath is now a great addition to a team.

I don't believe that it was just the buffs. In my opinion, it just called attention to how powerful Cho'Gath is and has been. I played Cho'Gath extensively even before the buffs and even after the targeting circle was added to his Rupture. He's been strong, especially against common mid champs like Karthus and Ahri. He has the natural sustain of a bruiser, but the poke and burst of an AP champ. At worst (so far), my mid lane with Cho is a stalemate. At best, I enter the mid game with 3 or more stacks. When I get Deathcap and a bit more AP, my ultimate suddenly bursts more true damage than the average Darius (possibly an exaggeration, but with AP, Cho's ultimate does ~700-900 true damage on a 40-60 second cooldown.)

Cho's always been strong, just undervalued in teamfights because of mildly long cooldowns and an inability to initiate properly. I intend to pick up the Battlecast Prime skin. He works well enough as counter-initiation, though, and God forbid he lands Rupture/Scream/Feast on your carry. Honestly, though, I'm glad for the buffs.

Although, looking at the replies so far, apparently, he was just strong for me, but I also enjoy playing Brand, who has a similar ability that's important to his kit.
He wasn't strong. The reason for that was the delay on rupture was far too great. You could walk from the center to the edge easily. Now it's a lot easier to hit with.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9451 on: August 04, 2012, 04:33:31 pm »

snip
You forgot how Galio got nerfed right before he got his legendary.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9452 on: August 04, 2012, 04:41:29 pm »

I was going to mention that but I wasn't 100% sure.

Played a game as Cho. He's definitely easier/more consistent now. I'm glad. I still sucked pretty hard, because the enemy team sort of had a kite comp going. Nunu, Lux, and Ezreal. So I never really got a good initiation off. Their ezreal kind of kicked our asses but luckily our Wukong was even more fed.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9453 on: August 04, 2012, 04:49:23 pm »

He wasn't strong. The reason for that was the delay on rupture was far too great. You could walk from the center to the edge easily. Now it's a lot easier to hit with.
His Spikes and Ulti is the real damage dealers. I don't care if they nerfed the ratio on his Vorpal Spikes (The shooting thingies), they still do loads of damage with Wits End and etcetera, while adding tankiness to you. Haven't tried him out since this patch though, wanna look if they made him even better, or worse (Which I doubt, especially from what i'm hearing from you guys)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9454 on: August 04, 2012, 05:32:01 pm »

So Riot got tired of endless forum QQ. Name's now Final Spark. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2436855

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9455 on: August 04, 2012, 05:33:12 pm »

snip
You forgot how Galio got nerfed right before he got his legendary.

actually he got nerfed in the same patch as his legendary skin release, and it was a hidden nerf.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9456 on: August 06, 2012, 03:03:09 pm »

Had a match with Amumu last night, definitely convinced that his recent "nerf" was a non-issue. Won a 4v5 with him, despite failing badly at holding solo top against Ashe/Sivir. Once I got a couple of kills under my belt and got my Boots3/Athene's Unholy Grail/Abyssal Scepter combo going, it was ALL ABOARD CHOO CHOO!

The killing blow was when they all came mid in a pack, and I got a perfectly sited ult. Killed one from the ult. Tantrum'd another to death, bandage toss and another tantrum for 3rd kill, then chased down and bandage/tantrum a 4th. Went and got baron, cue surrender.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Errol

• Bay Watcher
  • Heaven or Hell, Duel 1 -- Let's Rock!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9457 on: August 06, 2012, 03:51:14 pm »

So Riot got tired of endless forum QQ. Name's now Final Spark. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2436855

That's still pretty damn unimaginative - if they were going to change the name they might as well go the full way - but well what do you expect. Now it's no longer a thinly veiled Touhou reference, but rather an unveiled one, and I kind of dislike blunt referencing.
Girls are currently preparing signature, please wait warmly until it is ready.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9458 on: August 06, 2012, 04:33:25 pm »

Wait. Double top? Ashe/sivir? Wuuuuut. What is this craziness.  :o
Didn't they have a jungler? I'm pretty sure people play jungler at just about any elo.

Not that I'm saying an ad carry can't manage top but double ad carry in a single lane? Madness!

And final spark, definatly infinetly better then it was.  :P
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 04:36:12 pm by Jelle »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9459 on: August 06, 2012, 04:34:28 pm »

Half the references in the game are blunt, and before it wasn't just thinly veiled, it was "Either know German, or look it up then trace the trail back". I really don't like stuff like that. I don't exactly love Final Spark either, but that's because the name isn't really all the descriptive.

@Ninja: Double AD can be fun, especially when it's a never ending stream of kills for both of them. And Ashe is actually a decent top against the more easily kited tops like Udyr and Darius.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9460 on: August 06, 2012, 04:46:30 pm »

I just watched the first TSM/Azubu Blaze game from the recent big tournament.

Guys, this is going to be one of those tournaments that has metagame repercussions at all elos. The biggest thing Azubu did to shake up the normal metagame was early pushing. They passively farmed for like three or four levels, and then they just started pushing down towers and snowballing off of that advantage. The twenty minute farm fest is probably over.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9461 on: August 06, 2012, 04:58:17 pm »

Not for lower elos. They're about 3 or 4 months behind. It could be 2013 before they finally get to pushing meta.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9462 on: August 06, 2012, 05:03:32 pm »

How did they manage such a strong push without getitng ganked hard though? I imagine the jungler would have a field day.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9463 on: August 06, 2012, 05:06:49 pm »

The repercussions will still be there eventually. I do remember how long it took people to adjust out of AD mid.

Although, from what I've been hearing, Riot is going to be putting out some changes in Preseason 3/Season 3 that will have some significant effects on the metagame. So people might not have time to adjust before there are even more changes. Specifically Xypherous has been discussing a lot of item changes.

How did they manage such a strong push without getitng ganked hard though? I imagine the jungler would have a field day.

You're right, it wasn't just pushing all day. It's all about smart pushing. Everyone has to keep warded and keep aware of where everyone else is. Your lane opponent leaves? Do a bunch of damage to the tower. Bot lane wins a skirmish? Mid laner should go down and help them capitalize on their advantage.

It's all about reacting to all the times people leave their towers vulnerable, where currently people will just farm in those situations.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9464 on: August 06, 2012, 05:33:25 pm »

Yeah but if you are dominating a lane to a point where you force your opponent to back more often/win clashes then it can be advantageous to keep the lane as is and freefarming instead of destroying it, allowing the opponent to freefarm further within their lane.
Though I can see how destroying all 3 would work, also ruining the life of the enemy jungler as well.

Either way I more then welcome changes in the meta strategy. It's quite dull. Infact I've been having a lot of fun doing 1v1s playing somewhat controversial line ups. You'd never find out if you just keep doing the same standard line ups.
I've found for example I beat a lot of squishy mage and tanky bruiser without gap closers as draven in lane. Also the regular line up where I play cass vs an enemy mage turns out the least favorable in most cases, getting greatly improved chances against bruisers and ADs.
Stuff like that, if only one could convince people to try new things easier.
Pages: 1 ... 629 630 [631] 632 633 ... 1067