Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271070 times)

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9435 on: August 03, 2012, 03:56:06 am »

If you're losing the lane and you're not in mid, it's not a bad idea to just let them take the turret if it's real bad. It'll give you a lane of more or less freefarm since your opponent cannot risk going so deep.
What you will have to do is start warding the jungle on that side, or the jungler is going to have a very bad time.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9436 on: August 03, 2012, 09:20:34 am »

Also, if you can figure out *why* you're getting stomped, that can help. For instance, maybe you've got two slow bruisers with no gap closer and weak CC vs. a pair of mobile ranged champs. That's always a bad matchup. Solution is to switch out one of the bruisers for somebody with some range and/or snares.

Maybe it's because there's no coordination, and one of you is always respawning or running back to the fight while the other one is charging in, so it's always 2v1. In that case, hang back until you're both there together. Seems like a no-brainer, but you'd be surprised how often I see this happen.

Maybe you're up against two champs dealing lots of magic damage. Solution: Build MR. (or conversely, build armor if you're up against AD champs). Again, seems simple but I see champs all the time just building a pre-determined item progression without paying attention to the actual field conditions.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9437 on: August 03, 2012, 12:15:18 pm »

Funny that you ask that, Frumple. I was actually just in a ranked game with a Vlad at top who was something like 0/5 against their Nunu. I was mid, told him to switch, and then he proceeded to give the Ryze who I'd be shutting down pretty hard 4 or 5 kills. I was quite livid. Then, because he was Vlad, he picked up some serious steam and went on a 7 or 8 kill spree. The moral of the story is that some champions are just destined to have absolutely terrible laning, the best thing you can do is avoid feeding, and if you are, don't be afraid to b at 50% hp if you know the enemy would have no problem diving you.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9438 on: August 03, 2012, 12:30:18 pm »

I just don't get how can a Vlad suck on mid against an ap champ. You don't have to completely shut him down or anything but damn it your Q gives good sustain and atleast in my case I'm tanky enough to withstand the damage.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9439 on: August 03, 2012, 01:50:33 pm »

I just don't get how can a Vlad suck on mid against an ap champ. You don't have to completely shut him down or anything but damn it your Q gives good sustain and atleast in my case I'm tanky enough to withstand the damage.
Because early he has no sustain. Use that time to push him away from xp range. No xp, no problem.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9440 on: August 03, 2012, 07:42:50 pm »

On one hand, I kinda' like this new matchup thing, with the accept and everything.

On the other hand, I have the sneaking suspicion some number of people have turned on matchmaking and then went to work or took a nap or something. Seems like it'd be a good way to kind of passively troll significant amounts of people without risking tribunal or exerting much effort :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9441 on: August 03, 2012, 07:43:54 pm »

I believe afking out of it removes you from matchmaking.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9442 on: August 04, 2012, 11:30:52 am »

I played against a chogath recently (in coop vs ai) and i noticed how important his buffs were. Most noticeable, his Rupture (aoe knockup) is way faster, making it much harder to avoid. I find this sudden buff (not just that but all his other recent buffs) kinda suspicious when you realize they are releasing a legendary skin for him.

List of his changes as of last patch :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Just to make things clear, this is not a case of "QQ, X champion beat me and is OP", this was a coop vs AI match and i obviously still kicked his ass.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 11:35:45 am by Sirian »

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #9443 on: August 04, 2012, 11:52:29 am »

Oh god no don't tell me the "RIOT IS SELLING POWER OMG" shit is starting to escape the League of Legends forums.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9444 on: August 04, 2012, 12:32:49 pm »

Oh god no don't tell me the "RIOT IS SELLING POWER OMG" shit is starting to escape the League of Legends forums.

No idea man, i don't even have an account there, and i don't use to read them. And i'm not saying they're selling power, since the new skin doesn't give you "power", just that it's not unthinkable that they're making him a bit more attractive to play, to boost his new skin sales. Chogath himself is pretty cheap, IP-wise, so about everybody can benefit from this buff, but imagine the opposite, do you think as many people would buy a new skin for a champ that's just been nerfed quite a bit ?

I'm honestly not sure if it's just a coincidence, i'm just pointing it out and asking for other people's opinions.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9445 on: August 04, 2012, 12:40:40 pm »

Id be suprised if they didnt let the design team go over cho while making the skin. Just seems like common sense.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

baruk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9446 on: August 04, 2012, 01:12:25 pm »

I'm honestly not sure if it's just a coincidence, i'm just pointing it out and asking for other people's opinions.

It definitely is a coincidence. Remember a few weeks back when they effectively nerfed Cho Gath by adding the indicator to Rupture? The buff is simply to compensate for that.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9447 on: August 04, 2012, 03:33:37 pm »

I played against a chogath recently (in coop vs ai) and i noticed how important his buffs were. Most noticeable, his Rupture (aoe knockup) is way faster, making it much harder to avoid. I find this sudden buff (not just that but all his other recent buffs) kinda suspicious when you realize they are releasing a legendary skin for him.
They are indeed INCREDIBLY powerful. I noticed just how great they were when I recently played him. The rupture is actually aimable instead of simply zoning with it. The silence speed-up is almost unnoticeable, but I don't mind. The vorpal spikes is ridiculous range now. Which is awesome, because he really was underpowered as a tank or an AP. All in all, Chogath is now a great addition to a team.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #9448 on: August 04, 2012, 03:43:23 pm »

Darkflame Shyvna comes out while Shyv hasn't been touched recently, nobody speaks up.
Sad Robot Amumu comes out when Amumu hadn't been touched recently, nobody speaks up.
Panda Teemo comes out while Teemo hasn't been touched recently, nobody speaks up.
Glacial Malphite comes out when Malph hadn't been touched recently, nobody speaks up.
Infernal Alistar comes out when Ali has only gotten a nerf recently, nobody speaks up.
Rageborn Mundo comes out when Mundo has only been nerfed recently, nobody speaks up.
Mythic Cassiopeia comes out when Cass has only been nerfed recently, nobody speaks up.
Muay Thai Lee Sin comes out while Lee Sin hasn't been touched recently, nobody speaks up.

Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath comes out and Cho gets a buff. "RIOT IS BUFFING HIM TO INCREASE SKIN SALES!"

This is completely ignoring the fact that Cho has been underpowered for a while now, mostly because of inconsistency, which is the primary thing that these buffs target. It's almost like they were directed at an actual known gameplay/balance problem.

Guess what: Some champions get buffed every patch. Some champions get skins every patch. Sometimes these will be the same champions.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9449 on: August 04, 2012, 03:55:10 pm »

They are indeed INCREDIBLY powerful. I noticed just how great they were when I recently played him. The rupture is actually aimable instead of simply zoning with it. The silence speed-up is almost unnoticeable, but I don't mind. The vorpal spikes is ridiculous range now. Which is awesome, because he really was underpowered as a tank or an AP. All in all, Chogath is now a great addition to a team.

I don't believe that it was just the buffs. In my opinion, it just called attention to how powerful Cho'Gath is and has been. I played Cho'Gath extensively even before the buffs and even after the targeting circle was added to his Rupture. He's been strong, especially against common mid champs like Karthus and Ahri. He has the natural sustain of a bruiser, but the poke and burst of an AP champ. At worst (so far), my mid lane with Cho is a stalemate. At best, I enter the mid game with 3 or more stacks. When I get Deathcap and a bit more AP, my ultimate suddenly bursts more true damage than the average Darius (possibly an exaggeration, but with AP, Cho's ultimate does ~700-900 true damage on a 40-60 second cooldown.)

Cho's always been strong, just undervalued in teamfights because of mildly long cooldowns and an inability to initiate properly. I intend to pick up the Battlecast Prime skin. He works well enough as counter-initiation, though, and God forbid he lands Rupture/Scream/Feast on your carry. Honestly, though, I'm glad for the buffs.

Although, looking at the replies so far, apparently, he was just strong for me, but I also enjoy playing Brand, who has a similar ability that's important to his kit.
Also often called Boowells.
Pages: 1 ... 628 629 [630] 631 632 ... 1067