Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 1067

Author Topic: League of Legends - Patch 7.22 - Runes Reforged  (Read 1271179 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
Re: League of Legends Updated! - Mid July Patch / Zyra - 1.0.0.143
« Reply #9135 on: July 23, 2012, 11:36:54 am »

Now I have this incredible desire to buy Singed *just* so I can play the Benny Hill theme music in the background as I run around the map.  :P
Suppose that might work for Teemo too.
Here is Singed's theme song for you.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9136 on: July 24, 2012, 12:56:07 am »

Mundo in vs AI games is an enjoyable experience. Almost mildly annoying, though. I want to build nothing but boots and warmogs, but sanity keeps dissuading me. Did get up to... three, I think? In one game. Cleaver all day every day. Spinny things never go away. It's amusing. Not exactly optimal, but... amusing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9137 on: July 24, 2012, 09:05:33 am »

Mundo in vs AI games is an enjoyable experience. Almost mildly annoying, though. I want to build nothing but boots and warmogs, but sanity keeps dissuading me. Did get up to... three, I think? In one game. Cleaver all day every day. Spinny things never go away. It's amusing. Not exactly optimal, but... amusing.
Now do this: All possible Magic Penetration from runes and masteries, Sorc Boots, Haunting Guise, Hextech Revolver, Abyssal Scepter and Malady.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9138 on: July 24, 2012, 09:33:11 am »

I'm still only level 9, so runes and masteries aren't that useful as of yet. Don't even have flash yet >_>

That said, my last game did get the sorc boots and was working toward haunting guise (Though my last item was rylai's -- delicious sloooww)... some lovely mpen and CDR on mundo makes cleavers just damned hilarious. Hacking off a fifth or sixth of someone's health every <=3 seconds is kinda' hilarious.

Only playing vs AI at the moment, though~ M'totes a noob, ha. Though... not as terrible as a fair amount of the folks I've seen playing, so far~ Though mundo gives you a little breathing room for mistakes, yes.
Ask not!
Ask!

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9139 on: July 24, 2012, 10:14:02 am »

Fun fact: Spellvamp from Hextech Revolver or WotA combined with Spirit Visage makes cleavers heal more than they cost. So if you lane with someone who rushes WotA, and you rush Visage, spamming those cleavers all the time actually is good.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9140 on: July 24, 2012, 10:44:51 am »

I tend to start off Amumu and Mundo the same way in that I boost that AoE and then item build for the regen to support it indefinitely. Then I run in and out of the minion waves. Melee champs have a hard time getting to me to do basic attacks, but meanwhile my AoE is busy chewing away at their health (and farming as a side-benefit). it's pretty sweet to send a Leona/Trundle combo skittering away out of top lane after I've eaten up half their health and barely taken a scratch. Once I've got the regen sufficient to keep the AoE on all the time...it's on, bitches.  :D

Works great for lane denial if solo top. If paired top with a good ranged ally or assassin, we'll be racking up kills in no time. See, those AoEs are deceptive. People don't expect it to do that much damage and by the time they realize it, they've already lost.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #9141 on: July 24, 2012, 11:25:29 am »

Once I've got the regen sufficient to keep the AoE on all the time...it's on, bitches.  :D
...Why?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9142 on: July 24, 2012, 11:29:08 am »

Yeah... I've been mostly leveling cleavers (primary) and the spinnies (secondary)... masochism comes later, primarily to help wreck towers. It doesn't hurt, but compared to 30% CC reduction and hacking off a fifth of someone's health (and nearly half their MS for a bit)...? I honestly don't spend much time using auto-attack... too busy positioning for cleaver hits, letting the spinnies do my creep killing. At least when I'm bothering to deal with the creeps at all, heh. Vs AI, at least, spending most of your time cleaverin' the bots is pretty devastating.

Currently kinda' boggling at how much magic damage a character with no mana does, though. Last game I went 19k phys vs 50k magic with mundo. Cleavers cleavers everywhere... I really should have a go on pvp, just to see how much better humans are at dodging the buggery things.

Is... is there any non-mana ranged champs?
Ask not!
Ask!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9143 on: July 24, 2012, 11:52:19 am »

Once I've got the regen sufficient to keep the AoE on all the time...it's on, bitches.  :D
...Why?
Massive farm/push capability = it's raining gold = multiple Warmogs, Abyssal Scepter, the whole nine yards. Basically, once you can maintain the AoE at all times, you can snowball quite easily. And teamfights become a matter of "chase the wounded". And with Amumu's bandage/Mundo's cleaver, you have tremendous stickiness, all the while chewing away at them without having to "hit" them.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9144 on: July 24, 2012, 12:05:42 pm »

But why constantly have it on? It has like 4 seconds CD and with it turned off you'll regenerate health much faster and won't look like an idiot. >_>

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9145 on: July 24, 2012, 12:32:24 pm »

Okay, gave a mundo PVP run on SR... yes, it's not exactly high ELO, but...

I went 14/1/3 before they surrendered... only death happened when I got too greedy and tower-dived past their inhib to murder soraka again. Our team had 29 kills. Top laned with jayce against soraka and nunu. It... it was... it was brutal. Low level play definitely had a lot to do with it, though... other guys were terrible as far as cleaver dodging went (and I'm not exactly pro at aiming them, either :P), and did silly things like vayne trying to sit in melee and AD me to death (Poor thing melted.). They just... didn't know how to respond to Mundo. Mind you, I'm not really sure how to respond to Mundo right now (Except dodge those damn cleavers! And maybe that % damage item... razor something?), but...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, that was my first attempt at PvP in LoL :P
Ask not!
Ask!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9146 on: July 24, 2012, 12:42:30 pm »

Dodging Mundo's cleavers in lane is an exercise in masochism, pun intended. Especially if he hides in brush.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9147 on: July 24, 2012, 01:00:28 pm »

Wait, you're level 9 and you have only 1 PvP game?
The faster you learn to play PvP the faster you get better. Bots don't get better over the course of your levels, other players do though.

Also, while Bloodrazor and DfG are okay against Mundo, he often has a lot of MR from FoN and Merc Treads. Executioner's calling or Morello's Evil Tome are better since Mundo's strength doesn't come from flat health, it comes from his regen.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #9148 on: July 24, 2012, 01:12:57 pm »

Yeah, that's kinda' the thing. I'm not really interested in "learning to play PvP." I just want to play a little, and if I get better during that process... s'coo, but I'm not exactly aiming for that. I'm utterly aware I don't have the skillset for higher ELO games (particularly when it comes to map awareness and reaction time. I'm built for turn-based games, really.), and the cost of cultivating that skillset is entirely too high :P So aiming for that is a silly goal for me; I'm neither capable nor particularly interested.

I'd love it if there were some more varied co-op modes (particularly ARAM! And some kind of outnumbered/survival mode.).

And yeah, good point. Healing reduction is pretty powerful against mundo's kit. I wonder how well (if) a spellvamp build would weather that, comparatively...
Ask not!
Ask!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9149 on: July 24, 2012, 02:07:40 pm »

Well played a game as Eve she worse the she was.. her invis it **** the range is way to big the old her was better I thought she play like riki from dota I liked to play as her but now not so much.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)
Pages: 1 ... 608 609 [610] 611 612 ... 1067